What if Trophy Guides didn´t exist ?

alex_scp_7

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think my plat count would be so high nor my completion rate because i have alot of irritating games with irritating trophies lol...

I would spend alot of money on guide books  :rolleyes:

OMG what were you going to remind me GUIDE BOOKS !!!

I remember those for PS1 they look like encyclopedias xD

Are they still made today ???

I use trophy guides for two oppertunities. Or guides in general.

Before I buy a game I always look how hard the platinum is. That made me skip Injustice (Wich got to PS+ anyways)

The other time I use them is when I try to get an hard Platinum or when there is alot of missable trophies..

But to be honest, I think I wouldnt get that much platinums without trophy guides anyways :P

• Like 1

I use trophy guides for two oppertunities. Or guides in general.

Before I buy a game I always look how hard the platinum is. That made me skip Injustice (Wich got to PS+ anyways)

The other time I use them is when I try to get an hard Platinum or when there is alot of missable trophies..

But to be honest, I think I wouldnt get that much platinums without trophy guides anyways :P

On those games that i´m not familiar with and don´t know yet if I buy or not, I do the exact same thing xD

• Like 2

I would have devastated 3-4 years back when i started hooring trophies and probably i would'nt had even started doing that without guides. But for last couple years, i have only platted few games now and then, and mostly new and just published games before any real guide is even out. So doesnt affect me now much, except for some evil collectibles. Getting those i still use guides, because my patience can get really low sometimes.

Also since now if i want to plat some game, i want to do it by really playing, not using any exploits. Yes i have used some exploits to plat a game years back when i was living my "trophies are so nice, i want more" times. What guides can give is collections of exploits and legal cheats to get difficulty trophies easily.

Like little of topic mention, my new all time favorite game Dragon Age Inquisition, that i been playing a whole month now. Great guide in this site, except couple pages detailing all exploits u can and can't imagine. In a game that is all about exploring and story, and where nightmare difficulty really is about 3-4/10 difficult? People really need to use those in that game? Great and puzzles me, but that just me.

It wouldn't make a big difference since most games explain the requirements.

Some games (I think a Streetfighter) uses pretty vague explanation.

I have a few games platinum before ever using a guide: Tekken 6, AC 2, Godfather 2, perhaps a few as well.

Nowadays I hardly use guides, but sometimes.

It wouldn't make a big difference since most games explain the requirements.

Some games (I think a Streetfighter) uses pretty vague explanation.

I have a few games platinum before ever using a guide: Tekken 6, AC 2, Godfather 2, perhaps a few as well.

Nowadays I hardly use guides, but sometimes.

Are you telling me you plat Assassins Creed 2 without a guide ???

How did you do these trophies then ???

Sorry but i find it hard to believe that you did this without a help of a guide or something similar !!!

21Sa8e6f8.png Vitruvian Man 

Unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16's video.

48S5dac49.png In Memory of Petruccio 

Collect all the Feathers.

• Like 1

Are you telling me you plat Assassins Creed 2 without a guide ???

How did you do these trophies then ???

Sorry but i find it hard to believe that you did this without a help of a guide or something similar !!!

21Sa8e6f8.png

Vitruvian Man 

Unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16's video.

48S5dac49.png

In Memory of Petruccio 

Collect all the Feathers.

I'll take that as a compliment.

It's exactly what I did.

Games are not developped to be solved only by use of guides.

And somebody has to write guides, somebody has to be first.

Not implying I wrote a guide on AC2.

I would say that I would continue to trophy hunt but would only have something like 40% completion. Some trophies can be complicated to get as their description can be confusing or worse, simply hidden. Most of the time I have no clue how to unlock these trophies unless I look at a guide. Especially if it includes some trophies that are glitched and how to avoid having them 'lock' and have to start another playthrough. Trust me, last thing you need after 120+ hour playthrough is to have one trophy not pop, requiring yet another 120+ playthrough just for that trophy.