So is Kratos the face of Playstation now?

Dreakon13

Maybe it's a stretch, but with all the attention that Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is getting, and Kratos seemingly front and center in every logo/cover/promotional picture... is it safe to say that Kratos has finally become the face of the Playstation these days?  Xbox has Master Chief, Nintendo has Mario... Playstation has always kind of been a toss up with fan favorites like Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Kevin Butler, Kratos, Cole MacGrath, etc.

Honest question, I've been out of the console game for a while, so maybe I'm completely off base. :)

(I should probably actually give God of War III a real shot one of these days...)

Edited by Dreakon13

Playstation doesn't really have a definitive mascot. They like to change their mascot every now and then, Kratos was just their current crush when PSASBR released. 

They like to have Sackboy as their mascot 7 times out of ten though, who I think would wreck Master Chief in a 1v1 Swat.

• Like 1

for a video game character there is no face of sony.  Sony only had one face that was Crash then they stop having video game character as the face of sony    Kevin Butler was the face of sony for the longest time but he not with sony no more but Drake could be the face of sony in some people eyes.

Edited by MRgreen55

One of the reasons I kind of thought Kratos makes sense, is because God Of War is currently the only franchise out of the lot that existed (and actually made quite an impact) in the PS2 era and is still going reasonably strong.  It's the longest running, especially if there's a next-gen iteration at some point, since LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted and Infamous all began with the PS3.

Edited by Dreakon13

One of the reasons I kind of thought Kratos makes sense, is because God Of War is currently the only franchise out of the lot that existed (and actually made quite an impact) in the PS2 era.  It's the longest running, especially if there's a next-gen iteration at some point, since LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted and Infamous all began with the PS3.

Ratchet & Clank follow that same formula too, and to a lesser extent so does Sly Cooper.

I would say that he kinda was at one point but that was only really around the time of the release of God of War III/Ascension. But ascension was kind of a let down and he kinda dropped back. Beside I don't think they're making another god of war (Don't quote me on this cause I haven't looked into it at all). But yea as of the time being I'd say that there really is no mascot or "face" for playstation at the moment, if there was one itd be maybe the sackboy because Little Big Planet is still an ongoing game, it was one of the first ps3 games, and it has a new title coming to the ps4.

Not to say other games haven't done that as well, but I don't think those particular franchises/characters are in the running for "face of the Playstation"... just IMO.

To be honest, I don't think any single franchise or character should be the "Face of PlayStation". To me, PlayStation has always been about a vast and varied selection of quality games and franchises and to single out just one would diminish the rest.

No way, Sony doesn't have a single mascot/franchise that sold EXTREMLY well, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft, Sony has many famous franchises therefore many 'mascotes'

If I'm not mistaken, Gran Turismo is the best selling PlayStation exclusive franchise, by some ways actually. I don't know how people would react to a Nissan GT-R being the PlayStation mascot though.  :lol:

Parker

• Like 4

1) PSASBR is not getting any special attention, it's just its IGC moment, that's it, plain and simple.

2)If we consider the millions of PS4 gamers which never own a PS3 they propably heard more about uncharted and TLOU, because they are/were last Sony exclusives. The last entry to the GOW series (Ascension) was really weak to call Kratos the actual face of Sony. I'd say Drake or even Ratchet and clank because they release a game almost every year, just my opinion.