So is Kratos the face of Playstation now?

Dreakon13

One of reasons why I felt Sony is great was that they didn't have a definite mascot. They actually changed and adapted with time along with the fans. In the beginning it was Crash for quite a bit, and then Kratos/Solid Snake on the PS2, then Kevin Butler for quite some time during the PS3's reign. I'm assuming they're using Kratos, Nathan Drake, and Sackboy now due to the popularity of the characters and their respective games.

For Playstation of Japan it has always been Toro, but for the United States and European Union we always have been undecided but at first it was Crash Banditcoot but after it lost its exclusivity (being ported to Xbox and Nintendo), it started getting crazy, Jak and Daxter were the mascot in the first half of the PS2, Sly Cooper was the mascot in the middle half, Ratchet & Clank were the mascot in the final years of PS2, during the PS3 everything went to hell with Kratos, Sackboy, Nathan Drake, and Cole MacGraph, currently I have no fucking idea who is our current mascot I think its either Kratos or Nathan Drake.

• Like 1

Obviously Noire, who else would it be?

Neptuniav14-1-.jpg

Ok, now for something that isn't targeted at specific audience... 

Since PS has mascots in Toro and Kuro I don't think there is any character that promotes Sony as unique mascot... but Sackboy is pretty much the one who fits the most imo.

But since other companies do not have specific mascot created for them (feel free to correct me) they have chars that represent them.

Edited by SatoshiOokami
  • Like 2

Kratos could be the face of PS, but I don't know how much profit Sony gained from the franchise.

I do know that he has most - exclusive to PS- games, so it might be more profitable than - example- uncharted.

But I think having six games based around the same charachter is an overusage.

With the dawn of the PS4, it's time to invest in new faces.

the guy from kurushi... he had it tough in his games so deservedly should be the mascot :)

the brand is current and ever changin mascots, they promote the fan favourites old or new and they also promote characters that are not exclusive... that's what i've always liked about them from the start- any character and every character gets a moment in the spotlight which is cool... but not sure i'd wanna take the spotlight away from kratos, fuckin psycho...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 2 weeks later...