Destiny connection issues

Malfuras

So I see on the Bungie website alot of people seem to be experiencing these animal related error messages. Surprising that there's no topic on this site regarding connection issues. (If there is I've missed it and apologize for a duplicate thread.)

How many of my fellow PSNProfiles members are having connection issues?

Mine started when I encountered my first public event. Event began, I got disconnected. Ever since I get constantly disconnected when on Patrol. Only once during a mission and once laughably on the character creation screen before even getting into the game world. My internet connection can be a bit temperamental at times but I've never experienced any connection issues on any other games. Is it just early teething trouble for Destiny and I'm one of the unlucky ones affected? Not seeing many signs in the chatter that many of you are suffering these issues but if I see many more Caterpillar error messages (or elk, olive, centipede, rhino or pissing dumbo) I'm gradually losing patience.

• Like 1

Centipede error: http://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11875. Combine that with http://www.crashwiki.com/setup-nat-static-ip-ps4/ and replace a possible wifi with an actual cable, then for most of the people this issue is resolved if your up-speed is good enough to handle the required traffic.

But sometimes just rebooting your router is sufficient :)

Edited by DeviceZero

I'm using an ethernet cable and have no trouble with anything else. I've come to realize that 95% of my disconnects occur when on Patrol. I played for hours last night with no issues playing through the missions. Loved every second of it. Just going to avoid patrol for awhile I think. There was an update today and my wife seems to have been playing hassle free tonight since. Fingers crossed....

make sure to use wired, Destiny seems to be very sensitive with even a second of connection lost and if you have a bad ISP it just makes it that much more worse.

Destiny megaserver works kinda weird. I was doing the Vault of Glass raid with clan members and in the same spot lvl 13-16 pass by; they immediately got owned by our mobs.

edit: so im curious then, are people outside of raid able to help out, like if they were lvl 26+ too to make things easier.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Reading several articles about a lack of customer support beyond University campus issues and the Centipede error. Well that's my most common error and last time I checked I wasn't at University. I blame Virgin Media. I've had issues with new Warcraft expansions in the past because of Virgin. Hopefully time will fix any issues I'm experiencing. Not like I'm in a rush.