Is this plat still obtainable?

Nitro

I was looking on the unobtainable trophies list on .org and I noticed Unreal Tournament 3 was there.

I looked on the guide on PSNP and saw that you can get all the trophies with bots... So before I buy the game, I ask... Is this game still obtainable without the servers?

• Like 1

No, the platinum for Unreal Tournament III is now unobtainable.  "Online Champion" was the only trophy that did need the online portion and now that can't be achieved even with a LAN connection. All the other trophies should be obtainable with a LAN connection with "Let's Get In On" requiring a 2nd PS3. The guide on PSNP seems outdated while the guide on .org did provide this vital information.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

from what I saw on another website it said it has come back thanks to the people who made it, so yes it can be gotten again

That is incorrect. Matchmaking on the PS3 version is still down, and will be down for good. Epic fixed the PC version to have a new server for matchmaking after the Gamespy shutdown, but never did anything with the PS3 version. I just checked and it gives an error message when you enter the multiplayer menu while signed into PSN.

Edited by ggamer15

• 8 months later...

If you are offline when you start the game you can still host an online match with bots and it counts towards the trophies if you check them in game. Just tested it with the "Get A LIfe" trophy.

It will still come up with the error message but it will let you select to host a match.

Edited by woop94
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you are offline when you start the game you can still host an online match with bots and it counts towards the trophies if you check them in game. Just tested it with the "Get A LIfe" trophy.

It will still come up with the error message but it will let you select to host a match.

You are a star!!! I've just tested this (not that I doubted you of course) and can also confirm it works. Also for getting "around the world" :-)

Edited by ABEWLEY

Does this really works? o.O I mean also for the 500wins?

Nope, doesn't work at all for the 500 Wins, to sad. v.v 

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-

• 4 months later...

No news about the online trophy?

It will never be fixed.  Epic won't put in a new matchmaking setup for the game. There would be no point, since the game is 9 years old and was completely dead on PS3 before the online was shut down. 

• 2 weeks later...

well borderlands on ps3 came back I don't see why not this.

Borderlands on PS3 still had somewhat of an actual active playerbase and it was brought back by Gearbox themselves. It's also a game that you can still buy on PSN so it's easily obtainable. UT3 was completely dead online and Epic doesn't seem to have an desire to put a new server up, and it was basically a launch title that is only available to buy physically, making it somewhat hard to find at this point. They won't do anything, the online is done for good. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
6 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Thanks to the new server GoneSpy, the ONLINE CHAMPION trophy can be achieved AGAIN!

Is it confirmed the server is functioning again? Because all Gamespy games are not magically fixed by Gonespy, someone needs to specifically 'make' a server for each game, and sof far I think Bulletstorm is the only one that has been done.

13 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Is it confirmed the server is functioning again? Because all Gamespy games are not magically fixed by Gonespy, someone needs to specifically 'make' a server for each game, and sof far I think Bulletstorm is the only one that has been done.

see the thread on playstationtrophies, Potent. LoStraniero91 has tested the game and it works.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LoStraniero91 said:

Yes dear players!

I've been testing all my GameSpy games I own and Unreal Tournament 3 works and you can get Online Champion again! Happy hunting!

@LoStraniero91 would you mind if i share your findings in this thread which may include a link to your videos and such?...any help you could offer to the topic would also be much appreciated...

• Like 1