Material List and Locations

Spark-N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for putting this together it's so helpful, i have it open in a tab to look at while i go off material hunting :yay:

Stupid tall shades giving me magic capsules all of the time and none of their jewellery! :shakefist:

HAHAHAHA I had the exact same problem, it was ridiculous, sat there for hours trying to find one then all of a sudden I get two, those where probably the worst, next to the eagle egg

HAHAHAHA I had the exact same problem, it was ridiculous, sat there for hours trying to find one then all of a sudden I get two, those where probably the worst, next to the eagle egg

I hate the eagle eggs so much >.< but what's actually worse for me are those black pearls, i think i've only ever found one, they just don't want to show up!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For those who are farming:

Forlorn Necklaces are much easier to farm on top of the Lost Shrine. Save at the mail box, take the left ladder, kill the Shaman Shade, up the next ladder, kill the second SS and then jump to the save area. Get in the door to respawn the enemies, and repeat. It took me one hour on hard with this method.If you also kill the other two enemies, you will get Twisted Rings

Pyrites farming is way faster in the Junk Heap main floor. Up left in the map the are two areas with boxes. You can get up to 3 pyrites per run (very rare though, you will most likely find one).The best thing about this method is that if you find nothing, let the machines kill you and you will respawn right next to the boxes.You should farm on hard because you will die faster.Don't even try the Barren Temple, it's a waste of time.

Black Pearls are more frequent if you do a hard reset.Sometimes i found 2 in a single run. So load your save, do five runs and then quit to XMB regardless if you got black pearls or not.This is pretty standard for RNG in SE games

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 4/15/2012 at 2:04 PM, JennifairyW said:

I hate the eagle eggs so much >.< but what's actually worse for me are those black pearls, i think i've only ever found one, they just don't want to show up!

So funny how farming goes - I did the eagle eggs in about 15 minutes during the quest that requires one. Was almost literally no effort at all, but then something like memory alloy is taking me ages.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for material list it will help many.Great game if it wasn't for the rare items dull long farming,as suggested by many setting to hard difficulty made a bit of difference & having high rank/upgraded weapon in second playthrough was no problem.Over 120 hrs playtime & yet have to do D ending & speedrun.Trying to get white moonflower without playing with clock time.Should have done more farming in first playthrough during certain quests or missions.  

Edited by electrifryer

• 4 months later...

Equip the words that give more % of drop in rare items in both weapons and magic and also fight a lot in the DLC. A lot of rare items will pop up like crazy. You'll need to be at least lvl 40, though, or shades will kill you in the third door of the DLC.

I got two Eagle Eggs from the third door of the DLC yesterday. So even if you are in the last part of the story, you still can get them from there. Just keep trying until you get them.

Edited by RoseDragoon