Share your general tips and experiences

Shadowrider50

I had a text file of tips, so I thought that I'd post them here and make a thread about it for everyone to share tips; here's what I had noted down:

I only bothered upgrading rifle and secondaries (grenades/flares/mines/dynamite.... molotovs as well, but they're mostly a last resort) and later on get and upgrade the launcher also and blade canon if you want those two are good, and it's good to save money for the later levels, and it's easy to do that if you get all the loot.

It doesn't matter if you have so much money, there is no need to spend it (I finished game with over 700000 gold)... more weapons, more problems, so in weapons, go quality > quantity.

For the Mouths, if you keep shooting them with the rifle, they won't be able to scream because at any enemy you shoot, it disables them (they can't run and that) for a small timeframe.

If you can get zombies to come through a narrow gap, it's very cool tactic to just spray the rifle through that gap and accuracy is pretty much guaranteed.

You can switch weapons and switch back quickly whilst reloading to insta-reload.

When you're at a checkpoint and there are zombies behind you, you might be able to get them with a grenade... grenades cost 1000, and if there are more than a few zombies that cost should easily be more than covered.

Make sure your screen is bright enough... it helps.

For doing coöp, you can do it local... just use explosive to kill the second player so you can move on always, and it's easy on braindead.

Remember that flares can be useful in dark areas.

You can run through most sections, which is what I do.

Melee is extremely useful and is very oft a lifesaver!

Get good armor on your grim playthrough, it will help much for morbid. Endurance and agility are the best stats.

• Like 1

I just recently had another chance to plat this. All good points above. I'd say that the fully upgraded Shocker is worth having too, but that's as far as I'd go with extra weapons. PS4 has the luxury of assigning weapons to speed keys where you have to scroll through the weapons on PS3. The Blade Cannon and Grenade Launcher were my go to weapons. Don't underestimate the Blade Cannon in a bottleneck area (which some of the end areas are full of) or the 1, 2 punch of a flare/Blade Cannon combo for whenever you get into a tight spot. Save your Grenade Launcher ammo for Cutters and use charged rifle shots on everything else (especially Jumpers because they're easily dodged once you know their pattern). Your Shocker will be you second best weapon for taking out large hordes of soldiers and/or firemen if you've run out of ammo for your Blade Cannon. ;)

• Like 1