The most under-whelming trophy that you needed for the plat?

Grample_Gust

Every trophy hunter has had that one game to where you work your toosh off in order to get your plat. And then suddenly, when you are at your last trophy and you check to read the trophy requirements. It says for you to do either a really mundane task or a super quick task that just didnt send the game off very well, so I'd like to see what you guys have to say. 

My most underwhelming trophy before the plat was "Blood bank" for Killzone:Mercenary, you have to kill 10,000 enemies, and the most you could get on a very specific mission was 100. It took me forever to get this, and i wasn't satisfied at all when i got it, just relieved.

Edited by shananiganyo

Well, I'm doing that "200 GAU-19 kills" in Uncharted, "Kill 10000 enemies" in Killzone Mercenary and "Reach Zone 100" on Silent Hill Book of Memories right now and those and just fucking annoying me. But since the thread is about trophies with Platinum already obtained, then I have to say the "Reach the highest level on multiplayer" on any Assassin's Creed

L491fbf.png

29Sad25bf.png

The Key to the Shire
Complete the Shire

For this trophy, you just have to do every side-quest in the "Shire". For me, I only had one more side quest left... All I needed to do to complete it was hook up a second controller, which I didn't own as my PS3 was still recently new when I got this game, so when I had the spare money like a month later I finally purchased a controller and did the quest.

Long story short: I needed a second controller.

Edited by EnigmaticFrenzyy

I don't have the platinum for GTA IV yet, but I will have it in a few days, since I recently got the trophy "Wanted", in where you're required to reach rank 10, and oh my goooooooooood! Damn trophy took me over 24 hours to get! From rank 4, it took me 9 hours to reach rank 9! And from rank 9 to rank 10, it took me and my boosting partners over 11 hours to reach rank 10! I once spent playing 12 hours straight, and my god, I thought I was gonna fully insane. We were replaying the shit out of a co-op mission, and it was the N.O.O.S.E. mission, I forgot what it's fully called. And god, I grew to fucking despise the mission. To complete the mission, you need to get a vehicle that can transport a NPC to the pinpointed location, and my god, that fucker, (his name's Kenny Petrovic) he would usually get stuck inside the plane, or moonwalk into the sides of the plane when he did come out, or he would even run straight at the cops that are trying to take us down! And if you were alone trying to protect Kenny, and you got killed while close to the plane, Kenny would be killed. And if he took too long to get into the helicopter I was flying in, in where I pick up my co-op partners, as well as Petrovic himself, then my helicopter would blow up, since there's too many cops shooting at me and the helicopter! But I survived through such walk of hell! And since I finally got the trophy, now I will definitely get the platinum trophy! I dunno, it's kinda difficult for me to go into details about that experience, but I think it's one of the worst trophies I've ever wasted my time on! The grinding was so boring, and looooooooooong!

• Like 1

ARKEDO SERIES 02 - SWAP!

This game had a trophy for freezing time for 1 hour. However, to do this you need to match 3 time blocks or more to get a 5-10 second time freeze. It was a bullshit grind that took about 10-11 hours.

Jetpack Joyride

So... many... coins! Another bullshit grind, which took a hell of a lot longer than ARKEDO

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Getting the pro medals in this game was so frustrating. The controls sucked, the game sucked... Nothing about it was enjoyable imo.

Ni no Kuni: Curse of the White Witch

Two here. 120 alchemy items and 250 familiars. Both of these are luck based grinds, and I truly despise luck based grinding. It's why I haven't platted KH yet.

Puppeteer

All the collectible trophies. Very, very tedious and horrid.

Rayman Legends

Reaching the maximum awesomeness level. 'Nuff said.

Sonic Adventure

The Chao Gardens. Oh god.

Only 3 of these have a plat, but I figured I may as well include the other 4

• Like 2

Well, I'm doing that "200 GAU-19 kills" in Uncharted, "Kill 10000 enemies" in Killzone Mercenary and "Reach Zone 100" on Silent Hill Book of Memories right now and those and just fucking annoying me. But since the thread is about trophies with Platinum already obtained, then I have to say the "Reach the highest level on multiplayer" on any Assassin's Creed

Oh my lord how could i have forgot? I changed my case, "Blood bank" for Killzone Mercenaries was one of the biggest grinds I've ever had to experience in a videogame.

Navigate like drake From Sly 4 I needed this dumb trophy to go plat and all you have to do is open the map on every level., of course I never use the map and forget to do so when playing which forces me to spend hour after hour returning to every small place to look at a map.

And when I'm done no trophy turns out to get the trophy to pop I need to walk to the place needed once there walk inside enough for the game to know hey I'm here and then open the map I literally had to visit every location twice.

• Like 3

"Everyone's a Critic - Take out 10 street Musicians" and "Spin-off - Beat down 10 sign twirlers" in Infamous: Second Son.

Those were the last two trophies I needed to get the Plat and I only had to kill like 2 or 3 anymore to get them.

I had a similar situation as you, I needed Spin-off and What Did You Call Me to get the platinum. I also see that Second Son is your latest platinum, as is mine. That's quite a coincidence.

Edited by PlanetSurvival

So far my most recent underwhelming and lame plat was from Disney Infinity. 

The only 2 trophies I had left both involved being in an online 4 player game. This seems really simple up front right?

Well I had no friends who owned this game as well and finding friends was rather difficult. I first had to go through multiple fourm boards just to try and find other people who I could friend on PSN. This part took about 2 weeks before I found people who still owned their copy and were obviously still active on the message boards. After that I would see a few friend requests being accepted but they apparently only play their PS3 about twice a month based on their login status. Often when someone would finally log on they wouldn't want to help because they were watching Netflix or something. 

Finally, over two months later, I happened across one person online who would finally help me. After that part the trophies took about 30 seconds to unlock.

I have always disliked online trophies/achievements and this is just one more reason why. 

Navigate like drake From Sly 4 I needed this dumb trophy to go plat and all you have to do is open the map on every level., of course I never use the map and forget to do so when playing which forces me to spend hour after hour returning to every small place to look at a map.

And when I'm done no trophy turns out to get the trophy to pop I need to walk to the place needed once there walk inside enough for the game to know hey I'm here and then open the map I literally had to visit every location twice.

Thanks for the warning, i knew that i had to open the map in every location but not having a way to track which places you already visited and waiting for the game to record the use of the map sound sounds very under-whelming.

Rayman Legends:

Sooo rich! 

Gather 1 million lums and unlock the final Hero

and

Truly awesome! 

Reach the final level of Awesomeness

I still need these two to get the Platinum. I have like 930 000 lums, so thats not going to be hard, but reaching the final level of Awesomeness is going to be pain. I need like 1500 points still and I only get like 10-15 points daily. Stll many challenges to do. Well, at least it's a fun game.

Rayman Legends:

Sooo rich! 

Gather 1 million lums and unlock the final Hero

and

Truly awesome! 

Reach the final level of Awesomeness

I still need these two to get the Platinum. I have like 930 000 lums, so thats not going to be hard, but reaching the final level of Awesomeness is going to be pain. I need like 1500 points still and I only get like 10-15 points daily. Stll many challenges to do. Well, at least it's a fun game.

Good thing i got the Wii U version! And i thought getting the final hero was hard! Good luck to anyone who needs "truly awesome", you'll need it.

"

Oh and if anyone ever tries Murdered: Soul Suspect be sure to get the trophy for picking up ALL of the collectibles before even walking into the Museum for the second time. It doesn't let you leave if you walk in so I had to replay the entire game just to pick up two stupid hidden items I hadn't picked up previously.