Spiderman table tips

skidmarkgn

If you have the patience, this table is easily capable of giving absurdly high scores. The reason for that is J. Jameson. Doing his mission over and over and over etc. is easy as piss and will give you millions upon millions of points. It's just time consuming and tedious.

Jameson's magic Part 1:

The Jameson mission is accessed by hitting the mini orbit via the upper left flipper on the main playfield (not the mini one). You will then have a short time to hit the right orbit (the one on the immediate right of the Goblin ramp). The ball is deposited to the left flipper after hitting the mini orbit and the shot is quite easy to hit right away, just shoot from the tip of the flipper.

The best part is, if you miss the mini orbit there's about a 90% chance you'll hit the jump ramp to the rooftop. Doing so will put the ball into the mini playfield and you can just let it drain to immediately shoot for the orbit again. If you do make the shot then completing the mission puts the ball right at the upper flipper again so you can repeat the process with little to no effort, win-win.

The Jameson mission, like all of the Spiderman missions, goes up a level every time you're successful, here's where the first opportunity for huge points comes up. The score for completing the mission is a count down that begins equivalent to the mission level. For example, at level 1 the score begins at 1 million and depletes until you either make the shot or it gets to it's minimum (not sure what the minimum is but I know it's not zero) whichever comes first, at level 10 it starts at 10 million and so on and so forth. The mission never gets any harder and the point value goes up and up. I don't know if there's a points cap as I've only been to up to level 13 personally.

Jameson's magic part 2:

If you're not trophy hunting then I would suggest never activating the wizard mode in this table (Clone Chaos). Instead only lock one ball to begin "final" mode. The ramps and orbits will then award points based on the level of their respective missions. This is where the 2nd opportunity for huge points comes around.

In final mode you only have one ball to worry about, if you've leveled up the Jameson mission as high as you can then hitting the right or left orbit will give you a ton of points, and it's not a one time thing. Give it a few seconds in between shots and you'll get the points every time.

Getting into "final" mode"

completing the four main missions will allow you to begin the wizard mode on this table. But, like I said above, the trophy is the only reason to do this. The missions are as follows: Green Goblin, Mysterio, J Jameson and Doc Ock.

Green Goblin:

Hitting the Goblin Ramp 3 times begins this mission. The Goblin will throw a pumpkin onto the table and hitting it will start the multi-ball mission. You'll notice that either the goblin ramp (the green ramp with the purple top) or the center ramp will have a little orange light flashing at it's base, shooting the pumpkin into whichever target has the flashing light will win the mission for you, at level 2 he throws 2 pumpkins onto the table, beyond that I have no idea.

Mysterio:

If you shoot the ball into the mini playfield by going up the purple glowing ramp you'll have the opportunity to smack a locked ball (shoot from the tip of the left flipper in the mini playfield). Mysterio will then appear above a random ramp/orbit/saucer, shoot the ball where ever he's at and he'll go back to his original position, repeat this process three more times. On the fourth shot to the locked ball everything will darken a bit and the battle with Mysterio begins. You need to shoot the Goblin ramp, Doc Ock hole and right websling ramp (access by hitting the ball early with the left flipper in the mini playfield). The shots are all pretty easy but there's a catch, the controls are reversed. L1 gets mapped t the right flippers and R1 is mapped to the left flippers. Most people will suggest turning the controller over but I don't think it's necessary, just hitting both shoulder buttons together for every shot works just fine for me. I believe there's a 25 second time limit that resets after each successful shot and you have a permanent ball save during this mission. I have no idea if there are changes at higher levels.

Doc Ock:

Shooting the Doc Ock hole (the one directly under his feet) twice will start his mission. If you use the upper left flipper on the main playfield to shoot the jump ramp the ball will transfer to right side of the mini playfield and the right flipper gets you a shot at the hole.

Doc Ock will jump down to the main playfield after the second shot and the battle will begin. Hitting any webslinging ramp will "hit" him and drive him back, it's best to just shoot the center ramp over and over. Once he's driven back to his starting position you win. On higher levels Doc Ock will start grabbing your balls (huh huh) off of the playfield and putting them on various ramps.

J Jameson:

Just read above.

Final:

Now you have a choice. Once all four main missions are completed you can begin the final mode. All you have to do is lock a ball into the Doc Ock hole. From there it's up to you, you can grind ramps for big points or lock 3 more balls into the Doc Ock hole to begin Clone Chaos. Once you have the Clone Chaos trophy (if you're into that sorta thing) I recommend just locking one ball and grinding for points, it's much easier than trying to control three balls.

All in all this is a very straight-forward table. I didn't mention the kick backs, ball-save, or extra ball because there's nothing overly difficult that absolutely requires any of those things to be active (you'll most likely activate the kick backs multiple times through normal play anyways). After a bit of practice it takes all of about 10 minutes to finish all 4 main missions which gives ample time to grind the Jameson mission before the tedium starts to set in, once it does just launch the final and grind, grind, grind.

Couple updates:

I've come across a couple of useful things I didn't know about when I originally wrote this.

First, the saucer below the right orbit will start all four missions simultaneously from time to time as a "reward" for hitting it. If you manage to do this make sure you take full advantage of the permanent ball save from the Mysterio mission, it makes beating Goblin and Doc much much easier.

Second, apparently the game saves your highest level from every mission and it becomes your permanent gauge for final mode. I tested to see if it was a fluke or glitch and did all four missions only once and started final mode several times, every time the orbits were worth 5.1 million per shot because it has Jameson locked at level 17 (the highest I've achieved so far). I strongly recommend (even more than before now) spending an entire game just grinding the Jameson mission to get the level as high as you possibly can, getting to 17 wasn't very difficult at all and I'm sure people with enough patience could easily get it into the 50's or even the 100's and who knows how much each orbit shot could be worth.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...