The 7 Hardest Platinum Trophies on PlayStation

WuTangJase-

Rob presents the 7 hardest platinum trophies on PlayStation, featuring Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid IV, Street Fighter IV, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Killzone 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and WipEout HD.

What do you guys think? Personally I believe ng2 and wipeout should be on the only ones on that list. What would you consider the top 7 most difficult platinums?

EDIT: Dont forget to check the description. Theres a link to a video they did about the '9 ultra rare ps4 trophies we'll never unlock'. Watch it when you can.

Edited by Marvel-J-375
  • Like 2

i havn't got any of them yet but i'd say that personally i don't think they are that tough...

- ninja gaiden is tougher than the second imo (finished ninja gaiden when it was first released and played ng2 in bits on my gfs account but didn't really like it)

- mgs4 was easy enough (i fully finished mgs4 in a few days in 2008 before the bastard patch came out, it was easy but i just can't be fucked to go through the boresfest again...)

- wipeouthd is easy enough too and total fun, i havn't finished it yet cause im not in any rush to finish it unless the server gets a closure date but am a seasoned ridge racer and wipeout player from the 90's lol

- killzone 2 was quite easy accordin to my buddy

- gta4 is only a time sink, i had so many connection issues playin it that it put me off just like with rdr, once the server on a game plays up it kills the fun for me...

- dark souls, not sure about it yet... demon's was quite easy once you learn how to deal with the clunky controls and movement handicaps

street fighter 4 was tough for me though, i game with many ppl who found it ridiculously easy but i just couldn't do the challenges lol... so yeah i'd say the street fighter 4 games are some of the toughest to get through if you're an average gamer like me :S

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

1.Persona 4 Arena.

2.Tom Clancy's Endwar (You can't get this one without boosting)

3.Raiden 4 Overkill(Double play is not for the weak)

4.Metal Gear Solid 2 (I have seen grown men cry over that game).

5.Ninja Gaiden Sigma and 2.

6.Star Ocean (No it's not only grind but harder on higher levels)

Honourable mentions

"Catch all pokemon"

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

These are all my opinion:

GTA4 has one tough trophy called 'Fly the co op', requires a little practice and for the rest it's just time consuming

Killzone 2 Elite is no cakewalk but if you want to name a tough FPs I'd say CoD WaW is still a tier higher in difficulty

WipeOut is certainly a challenging racegame, however as an old avid f-Zero player I had less trouble with this game than Gran turismo 5

MGS4, hmm don't think it was that difficult.

Demon's Souls is tougher than Dark Souls, people often say it's overrates in difficulty but try getting all trophies offline without anyone to help you and you're in a whole new dimension of difficulty. Flamelurker anyone, pure bladestone maybe?

Super Street Fighter 4 is without a doubt a top 10 or in this case a top 7 platinum, way tougher than SF4.

Star Ocean 4 is a respectable rpg worthy of a place in this list.

Ultimate MVC3, challenge mode is overwhelming for any newcomer to the fighting genre.

Blazblue Continuum shift, I have a black belt in fighting games but clearing 66% of the challenge mode was no small feat without buying any DLC characters

Ninja Gaiden requirea lots of practice, knowledge of the game and deidication

Gran turismo 5, the licenses and challenges are a bridge too far for many

One last game to end the list with, King of Fighters XIII

"Blood Drive" should be somewhere on that list. That game is a true test in endurance if you're a trophy hunter. You have to compete in 5 other cups (which increase in the number of events in each) before you can even unlock the "Blood Drive" and "Hardcore" cups needed to compete in to view each character's ending. And when you do, both final cups are 30 events long!!!  Not including the previous 5 events (which you only get one trophy for), that's 60 events you have to clear per character (8 in all) to get the 2 "game complete" trophies for each character!

What in the heck were the developers thinking?! Even if they weren't fans of putting a trophy list in the game, that's still no way to design a title especially a car combat game. The requirements just to see everyone's ending is a bit over the top!

Edited by merciful84

Well...got few hardest plat in mind

Child Of Eden (hardest shooter)

Raiden IV Overkill (hardest bullet hell & hardest ps3 platinum)

Persona 4 ARENA (hardest fighting)

Little Deviants (hardest vita game imo)

got nothing else in my mind

Edited by Zanzarro

Demon's Souls is tougher than Dark Souls, people often say it's overrates in difficulty but try getting all trophies offline without anyone to help you and you're in a whole new dimension of difficulty. Flamelurker anyone, pure bladestone maybe?

i played it fully solo, it really was not anywhere as difficult as what it was made out to be, the only thing that screwed me over was the ever elusive pure bladestone... it took me 2 years of grindin to get lol Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

i played it fully solo, it really was not anywhere as difficult as what it was made out to be, the only thing that screwed me over was the ever elusive pure bladestone... it took me 2 years of grindin to get lol

I agree. Too many difficulty breaking exploits to be held in such high esteem.

Edited by merciful84

Actually this is pretty subjective and there is a difference between pure skill plats and grind plats. some plats are hard because you need to get the grab of the game others because you need the discipline to spend hundreds of hours on the games.

For myself i got a catherine double plat and it did not feel so hard, maybe because i really enjoyed the game and i am not that bad at puzzlers.

Binary domain was a long boost but not a hard plat, same goes for quantum theory or stormrise.

If I had to make a top 10 list of my own opinion of plats requiring a lot of skill i would say in no specific order.

Child of eden

Wipeout Hd

Dyad

King of fighters 13

SSF4

Persona Arena

Ninja gaiden games

MVC3

Mgs rising

Vanquish (because of tc4 and 6)

and of course hannah montana

Fleks_Mhteam.png

nope, it wasn't mentioned in my black phantom edition guide...

LOL, of course not. From Software isn't going to share their game breaking holes with everyone:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/item-duplication-how-to-duplicate-how-to-dupe

And then there's an extremely easy way to get pure white character tendency:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/forum/t-241587/clarify-getting-to-pure-white-character-tendency

Basically, you can end up choosing what soul level to make your character and teach them spells & craft weapons that would require at least 2 playthroughs to have in the same gaming session (minus someone being extreme generous or foolish into giving you a rare boss soul or something).

Edited by merciful84

That video was pretty damn funny! I personally didn't believe GTA IV was at all difficult. In terms of difficulty rating, I'd give it a 4/10. In my opinion, AWP as well as all of the other grind related trophies in the set just take time but are not necessarily difficult.

I agree with SFIV making the list and would probably have added SSFIV since the trophy lists are nearly identical. I'm sure having ten thumbs would be helpful. Or at least generally be good at fighting games which I am not. Successfully completing all of the combo related challenges with each character certainly tested my willpower to not throw my controller into the tv.

i don't use glitches or exploits in games but if i did for demon's then i would've made damn sure to finish it in less then 2 years...

Well, I'm not above using them especially in a game like Demon's Souls which tries to rape you up the arse every chance it gets. I decided to beat it at its own game and be the one doing the raping :devil: .

Edited by merciful84