The 7 Hardest Platinum Trophies on PlayStation

WuTangJase-

On 09/20/14 at 1:05 PM, NettoSaito said:

THE hardest Platinum on PSN is easily Star Ocean 4's. I played through it on the 360 when it came out, and basically to get the platinum on PSN... You have to....

1. Play through the game on the hardest difficulty setting (boss battles can sometimes take an hour, and become very challenging).

2. Follow a guide so that you can get the max friendship level with all of your party members and unlock all of their endings (including the secret ending). Between each chapter of the game you have moments where you can talk to people, and you basically have to do it in the right order through the entire game. Then there's a moment where you have to backtrack to the ship just to get an easy to miss scene, and you have to spend HOURS grinding for items to make these special items which you must then take to specific spots. It isn't as bad on the single disc PS3 version, but it was a freakin pain on the 360.

3. Get all of the battle trophies. That doesn't sound too bad right? Yeah.... You're wrong.....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/946860-star-ocean-the-last-hope/faqs/57508

There ya go. Each character has 100, and you must get them all. Never mind the fact that not all characters are with you the entire game, so technically you can miss 100 or so just by moving through the game too fast. But here, let's look at some examples of what some of these battle trophies are (for those of you who did not click the link)

Reimi-098: Deal at least 99,999 points of damageFaize-097: Defeat 999 insect enemiesArumat-099: Win 100 consecutive battles without healingMyuria-079: Absorb a total of 99,999 MPSarah-100: Defeat Satanail within five minutes (better get ready to level grind like crazy for this one)Bacchus-050: Deal exactly 32,768 points of damageEdge-089: Win 50 consecutive colosseum solo battles

and so on. Basically every character has a "deal exactly ______ points of damage" trophies, they all have kill 999 of some specific enemy, they all have "kill this boss within this timelimit" ones, they all have ones related to their special abilities, and so on. It takes hundreds of hours of grinding to even get anywhere near finishing them battle trophies. Heck even if you played through the game on every difficulty carrying over your progress each time, you still most likely wouldn't have the majority of them. You truly do have to take the time to grind, and hope you can get lucky by finding the right weapon to use at the right level with the right attack power stat, against the right leveled enemy to deal the exact amount of damage needed fo each one.

Try to find a game that's harder/more time consuming than that.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 2

I am not sure, yet will give my top 7 based upon what I've seen and my guesses, I've only played one of these games so grain of salt here.

1. Gran Turismo 5

2. Tetris Effect

3. Farpoint

4. Wipeout HD

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Wolfenstein II the New Colossus

7. Super Meat Boy

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

1. Crypt of the necrodancer (0.05%) Rarest platinum

2. Mighty no.9 (0.77%)

3. Super meat boy (0.28%)

4. Injustice gods among us (0.17%)

5. Tetris effect (0.52%)

6. Call of duty black ops III (0.73%)

7. GTA IV (0.93%)

Rating is based on difficulty not the rarity.

I'm very curious to learn what your thought process was when creating this list. I find it impossible to rate the 7 hardest platinum trophies on PSN let alone the top 30. The games that surprises me the most is Injustice 1, COD, GTA4 and Mighty Number 9. Since the others are more mainstream or well known for their difficulty. From what I've gathered at least from a fighting game standpoint Injustice 1 barely scrapes the top 10 for it's genre from an average players perspective there are far harder games that are more deserving. Not a single racing or hack and slash game mentioned either. 

33 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Most likely not the hardest. Crypt of the necrodancer is the hardest game to platinum. Heres a video explaining everything.

to be fair necro wasn't released in 2014 when they replied here but it is a very tough game.

As for star ocean being a hard plat it's not really it just takes a lot of time.  not sure what my top 7 would be there are a lot of choices :P  

42 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I'm very curious to learn what your thought process was when creating this list. I find it impossible to rate the 7 hardest platinum trophies on PSN let alone the top 30. The games that surprises me the most is Injustice 1, COD, GTA4 and Mighty Number 9. Since the others are more mainstream or well known for their difficulty. From what I've gathered at least from a fighting game standpoint Injustice 1 barely scrapes the top 10 for it's genre from an average players perspective there are far harder games that are more deserving. Not a single racing or hack and slash game mentioned either. 

I played and heard about these games. So I put each one in order Hardest to Easiest from looking at the list and trophy guides. Unfortunately I don't really play any racing games so I won't include them in the list.

Edited by gamercris066

I didn't include games like Star Ocean, RDR II, or Fortnite because they are just grinds on the last few trophies.  I don't think they are really skill related that much.

I thought about including Diablo II Resurrected, still an extremely low plat, and the difficulty is grinding while surviving in hardcore.  I imagine there are plenty of tactics on how to do this safely or with a better strategy these days, yet the game is still a grind.

• Like 1

1. Crypt of the NecroDancer - Obvious reason on why I'm mentioning this, there was a great video explaining why this is so hard a couple posts above me.

2. Assetto Corsa - The gold medals in this game are ridiculously hard, without a doubt the hardest racing game plat.

3. Elder Scrolls Online - Emperor, enough said.

4. Tetris Effect - SS ranking every level requires insane reaction time and knowledge of the game, might be easier for Tetris veterans though.

5. Street Fighter IV - Some of the combo trials in this game are fucking insane.

6. Koihime†Enbu Ryo Rai Rai - Same reason Street Fighter IV is here, might even be harder.

7. Doom 2 - A few of the levels on Nightmare (especially 27 - 29) are insanely difficult, even with a partner I'd still place this in the top 10 hardest plats at least.

A few more notable games are Meat Boy, Raiden IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and maybe Black Ops 4 if done fully solo, bit iffy on the last one tho.

On 19/09/2014 at 8:47 PM, WuTangJase- said:

What do you guys think? Personally I believe ng2 and wipeout should be on the only ones on that list. What would you consider the top 7 most difficult platinums?

EDIT: Dont forget to check the description. Theres a link to a video they did about the '9 ultra rare ps4 trophies we'll never unlock'. Watch it when you can.

I know this thread have more than 8 years and i have some of that Platinums. But this all PS3 Platinums and if we are talking about dificult Platinums on PS3 we must say Gran Turismo 5 its one of the most dificul Platinums and i did it using a Dual Shcok 3.