weapon upgrade trophies

Tomoko Kuroki

Im only at anor londo, which sadly took me 20 hours of gameplay ( i always get lost in this soul game )

But I only have 3 titanite chunks, and you need like 7 per weapon upgrade, is there a way to farm these later or somethihng

Yes, if you choose to go to Frampt instead of Kaathe and place the Lord Vessel, you can fill it with special boss souls to open the area to the final boss (Kiln of the First Flame). In here there are 5 Black Knights that have a 100% drop rate for Titanite Chunks. (2 normal, 1 white, 1 red and 1 blue). You can farm these and souls here and bring the chunks to Frampt, so he can break them down into Green Titanite Shards and Large Titanite Shards. And you can use the souls to buy Titanite Shards from any blacksmith. I farmed here to upgrade every needed for the elemental and boss soul weapons. And also upgraded my armor. See this link for the required materials

Also you'll find a Lightning, Occult and Enchanted weapon as a drop from Mimics and you can buy a Crystal weapon.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Lilth, what's the build u are using?  Mage? Str? Faith? Dex? Pyro? Quality?

also, go back to Sen's Fortress, remember that part where u fought the 2nd area with giant boulders? instead of going up, go down, theres a hole at bottom that fills with the boulders, when it fills up, the next boulder will break the wall & theres a corpse with the Gold Coveted Serpent Ring (it raise the chance of enemies drops).  to farm upgrade stones at ur current status (recently arrived at anor londo), I suggest u go 2 new londo (lower part of firelink shrine & obviously later on) & lower the water level so darkwraiths appears (they drop titanite chunks & rarely slabs).  if my memory doesn't fail, I remember that balder knights drop a lot of large titanite shards & u can buy em on anor londo with the giant blacksmith (u'll see him soon).  titanite shards are everywhere but if u want a easy source is with andre at undead parish (at 800 souls per piece).

if u want help let me know, i have few PvE builds

• 3 years later...

I just wanted to mention that you can get all the weapon upgrade trophies (not the unique trophies) in one play through. I know this is an old post, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on this forum and this seemed like the most relevant thread that was started.

So it turns out that the game doesn't auto-save your status until after you exit the screen with the Blacksmith (at least in the Prepare to Die edition.) I was able to use the same Blue Titanite Slab to upgrade the Magic Weapon and the Enchanted Weapon (there was 25 minutes in between trophies because I used the Enchanted Falchion for that upgrade and didn't have enough large titanite shards right away for the Magic Weapon Upgrade and had to run around a bit.) After upgrading the Enchanted weapon and seeing the trophy pop, I pressed the PS button and exited the game while the Blacksmith screen was still up. When I reloaded my save, I had all of the blue chunks and the blue slab back in my inventory along with the original Enchanted Falchion. Obviously if you want to keep the upgraded weapon it will take multiple play throughs or farming. If it's just the trophies you want, you can use the same materials to pop each of them.

I'm going to do this with the Red Titanite Slab and the regular Titanite Slab I get in this playthrough. Unfortunately I didn't try this when I got the white slab so I'll have to get that in NG+.

• Like 1