I recently bought this game for the online

savourymeats

and every time i've tried to play it i get told its under maintenance :c has the online for this been taken down or something?

"MAG, SOCOM: Confrontation and SOCOM: Special Forces' online multiplayer modes will be taken offline early next year, Sony has announced.

Sony announced its intention to take the multiplayer-focused games offline on Twitter last night, warning players that servers will shut on January 28, 2014.

The news essentially renders MAG and SOCOM: Confrontation useless: both games are built around the premise of online multiplayer."

• Like 1

Killzone 2 is a pretty great team-based shooter. The population isn't what it once was, but there are definitely still a dedicated number of people playing. The game also has 1P offline Botzone in case you want to practise, or play MP styled games without having to go worry about being unable to eventually play it. There's a demo on the PSN for the SP, which is also pretty fantastic, and that would let you get a feel for the game and see if you could get into it. c:

• Like 1