That Frustrating trophie for the Platinum !

alex_scp_7

First of all I started this topic because I totally made confusion with this topic and post the wrong idea xD

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/19734-the-most-under-whelming-trophy-that-you-needed-for-the-plat/

This topic is basically the opposite of the one above, what is the most Frustrating trophie for the Platinum that you ever received ???

How much time to get it ??? How many times did you freak out ??

Edited by alex_scp_7
  • Like 2

Giant Accomplishment from Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Its so time-consuming, boring, frustrating and pointless. It took me many hours and i freaked out practically the whole time i was doing it. I swear, that trophy has given me some form of PTSD. 

Edited by Sir_Palkia
  • Like 2

Well here it comes 2 "episodes" when i was playing  :)

First

I began to boost MP trophies of GTA IV like two weeks before May 31 that was the time when everybody were saying that the servers will shutdown, pretty much the longest two weeks of my life !!!
Fortunately i have the luck to find good guys to help me out, but the most pain in the ass trophies were AWP and Wanted -.-
I never spent so many time grinding just for one game, first sensation of hapiness was when i received the AWP trophy because for many people was glitched i was like "fuck yeah the hardest part it´s done" and then start to boost wanted when i was level 1  in MP and it left one week we tought for closing the servers, i thought it was going to be easy and then i realized i´m never been so wrong in my life  xD Almost everyday i spent boosting the "Hapiness Island Glitch" over and over in a hour you gain like 120k of money it´s not so bad but u need an amount incredible ridiculous that is 5 MILLION I MEAN WTF ??? Many people reached level 8 pretty fast like me because it´s just 1 million to level 8 but to reach 10 it´s 5 MILLION still make no sense to me, but anyways in the last day it was after midnight and i was waiting for the servers update the results of the matches because it takes a while for update the results and level that u are in the servers with all that i was getting really nervous and then  "che ching" "You earn a trophy" and then i was like "YES IT´S OVER I CAN REST OF MP FOR A WHILE " In the end I was really happy but it was 2 very long weeks !!! 

Second

Another "episode" i remember when i was to try to earn a trophy for the Platinum was "Tactical Challenger" in VANQUISH that is to complete all tactical challenges, it sounds easy but trust me it´s not !!! I´m impressed that so many people have the plat in this game but definitely it´s my proudest Plat so far, i´ve saw some profiles and many people stop play the game because the trophy it is completely insane !!!
Well going back to the history in one week i was completed all other trophies of the game nothing to difficult only left that damn freaking trophy !!! then i start to play the tactical challenges wondering "it can´t be to hard it´s just 6 challenges" and again so but so WRONG !!! After i beat the 5 first challenges that it was a bit difficult the last one i spent like one week and a half trying and trying to beat the challenge but it seems impossible, after many fury attacks and cursing the game like 10987208713 million times i get the last round and i was instatly killed by the Bogeys (Bosses of the game) First reaction "F*** u stupid game F****** Bogeys etc etc" and i was so pissed off that i start to beat the door in my room and broke it i mean it fell of o: 1 min later i was like "oh crap I just smash the door of my room !!!" Luckely for me it was my grandpa house and my dad was cool enough to not care much because he hit that door as much as I do when was younger when he loss the games in the 98 FIFA World Cup for PS1 so he forgived me  xD
In the end after a broke door I finally got the Platinum and I was really tempting to burn the game up but it was borrowed from a friend then i just decided not playing anymore but it was a complicated week for me, luckely i´m not a angry person because if was probably have destroyed my PS3 in that time  xD
Sorry for the long text  :blah:   :blah:   :blah:  just sharing funny episodes of my time playing  :)
  • Like 1

Giant Accomplishment from Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Its so time-consuming, boring, frustrating and pointless. It took me many hours and i freaked out practically the whole time i was doing it. I swear, that trophy has given me some form of PTSD.

to be fair only a select few challenges are a pain in the arse such as the ziggy one or the wreck 8 vehicles with the SOC-T and maybe some strike force challenges on tactical view only since we'll you know how COD AI is

clichéd but probably pure bladestone from demon's... i finished the main game with minimal difficulties but needed this one rare item to fully finish it, i read horror stories about the ever elusive stone and i thought- surely it can't be that elusive... boy was i fuckin wrong!...

it can drop in an instant for some without them even searchin for it or it can take ages and ages of farmin... so after readin every strategy guide, every forum topic, every theory and every tip imaginable i set out to get this last needed item...

it took just under 3 fuckin years of farmin for hours after hours, days after days, skele kill after skele kill!... until finally it dropped, i was shocked and excited so took pictures of my character posin by the item prompt lol...

sure you can trade for it and even send it to a friend so they can resend it to you on every region version of the game but then what's the challenge in that...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

to be fair only a select few challenges are a pain in the arse such as the ziggy one or the wreck 8 vehicles with the SOC-T and maybe some strike force challenges on tactical view only since we'll you know how COD AI is

Still, i had to replay those missions over and over and over. It got on my nerves, to say the least

Edited by Sir_Palkia

sparkly the stats are misleadin... even 'from software' stated that the items that raise drop rates arn't specific to the pure bladestone drop rate, they actually clutter it so while increasin certain stats and obtainin rare drop rate assistin items may sound like a good idea they're actually not... they add tiny percentages to the overall drop rate for all non rare/rare items so if you're farmin for pure bladestone you'll actually end up gettin rare weapons like the echinta/kitana rather than the pure bladestone... this was only written about shortly before i managed to get one

the best thing to do is to not raise the luck attribute beyond 10 and don't use the LSoS, i created a new character and used this strategy which netted me the pure bladestone...

the pure bladestone will drop whenever the game throws it out which is why it's rare and unpredictable to get...

edit: you actually put about the items/attributes reducin the drop rate, i thought you posted that it raises... oops

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

Sly racoon 4... (on which I just gave up)

Why? No it isn't a big gold trophy or some crazy challenge that is keeping me from my plat, it's actually way more ridiculous...

There is a bronze trophy that will only pop up when you have 'looked at' every map of every level in the entire game...
Well, I've spend an entire day opening every stoopid map of every level (I think 10 hours or so) after completing the game and it just doesn't want to get confirmed after watching EVERY SINGLE LITTLE MAP 3-4 TIMES,.
I watched all the videos I could find on the net because I figured there must be one level or map I'm missing, but nope, I've done them all and still doesn't pop up!

And the most annoying thing isn't really getting on the right spot for the right map, but the freaking loading time, which is ridiculously long for such a modern and 'well developed' game... It just sucks because it is such a great and fun game and it sorta ruined the fun of it at the end...

regards

Edited by Lightning_Panter

Machine crusher - Tekken 6.

Took me 2 hours to win 1 match... 2 HOURS straight of nonstop restarting with a second controller to kill it!

I'd rather do a 2 hr ICO playthrough than do it again.

Machine Crusher...  :lol: I remembered a used a lot of characters to try to defeat that gigantic robot.. until I used Devil Jin  :devil: .. yep, then proceeded to get the trophy.

In my experience, probably online trophies in general.. (due to the fact that some are very tedious to get and I have almost no time if I try to get them)

I hated "How the West Was Won" in Red Dead Redemption. I was level 43 out of 50 and did not need that much farming, but then my PS3 system red screened on me and my progress was lost. Hours and hours of farming Pike's Basin. Luckily Rockstar made Triple XP weekends and i ended up playing the game more or less a whole weekend just to get that single annoying trophy. When the trophy finally popped i felt truly great and a little ashamed of having wasted this much time.... 

I don't really associate any trophies with frustration. Although Auf Weidersen Petrovic proved to be pretty annoying since it wouldn't pop unless it was all done in one session.

I´ve been there before, you don´t have to do it in 1 session you just have to do it 1 time but it takes a while to see it done even if you´re boosting or not !

Edited by alex_scp_7
  • Like 1

I´ve been then before, you don´t have to do it in 1 session you just have to do it 1 time but it takes a while to see it done even if you´re boosting or not !

I've done each match 3 times over prior to doing them all in one session. I also helped another friend with them but he disconnected during the session. Although we replayed the last 2 matches and continued the rest, he didn't get the trophy. Maybe it's an EU/AU thing.

I've done each match 3 times over prior to doing them all in one session. I also helped another friend with them but he disconnected during the session. Although we replayed the last 2 matches and continued the rest, he didn't get the trophy. Maybe it's an EU/AU thing.

When u finished the matches u have to wait for the leaderboards update ur results and that takes like under 3 to 24 hours, that´s why many people do all the things and then left just one more to do and wait that the results update, and then when u have ur results updated u received the trophy like my case !!

Many people did that because was some cases that they did all at once then they have to wait for the results updated and when they did if the trophy doesn´t popped u will never received it :x

• Like 1

When u finished the matches u have to wait for the leaderboards update ur results and that takes like under 3 to 24 hours, that´s why many people do all the things and then left just one more to do and wait that the results update, and then when u have ur results updated u received the trophy like my case !!

Many people did that because was some cases that they did all at once then they have to wait for the results updated and when they did if the trophy doesn´t popped u will never received it :x

I already had a few wins in every game type on the social club leaderboard. The trophy is in no way linked to the leaderboards. At least not for AU/EU. Remember when there were no leaderboards and you had to do it all in one run? Well that's still the case for some countries.

to me probably Batman Arkham City's ( Perfect Freeflow 2.0 ) and Infamous 1's ( Rockhound )

i found all of the stupid blast shard in Infamous 1 without a guide, then there's these last 3 that you cannot track on your radar until 1- you climbed the tallest building in the game. 2- one of them can be found on the junks floating on the waters around the city. 3- i think it was glitched or something as one of them is stuck on a wall of some sort, that is un-trackable no matter how many time you you click the L3 it won't shows on your mini map until you manually move the camera and look up to it.

as for the freakin' Perfect SHITflow 2.0..... man i lost count how many time i tried it, all i remember is

" hit this guy take down that bat claw that bat swarm those then batman take a huge ass time and animation to punch a downed enemy and then a joker inmate come and ruin the chain "......ok....... :angry:

" hit this guy take down that bat claw that bat swarm those then batman take a huge ass time and animation to punch a downed enemy and then a joker inmate come and ruin the chain "...... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :shakefist:

i remember hated every single person at Rock Steady just for this tedious of a trophy and this freeflaw combat system of theirs.

it doesn't help either that both trophies are Bronze!!!