That Frustrating trophie for the Platinum !

alex_scp_7

I don't technically have the plat yet, due to a lack of a 2nd controller and a local co-op trophy, but FIFA Street - Online Dominance.

Online Dominance requires you to win 9 online Cups - each of which require you to win 4 games in a row. Only 1 of the 9 Cups is available every week, and only available from Thursday to Sunday. You can try as many times as you like, but if you don't win the cup on a given weekend, that means waiting 9 weeks to try again. Diabolical at the best of times, but as I was considering challenging this game I realized I had 9.5 weeks left before the servers were scheduled to go offline. F*** it! Let's do this! 

The 1st weekend was the worst. I spent the first few days desperately playing single-player to learn the game and level my players up. Sunday rolled around and I was not nearly ready. My players were in the 70's or 80's. I could compete with the other low-level players, but when a team of 99's showed up it was game over.My strategy basically came down to: "If I keep playing continuously, eventually the good players will win the Cup and go away so I can beat some of my fellow weaklings. After at least 3 Cup Final losses and with a few hours to the deadline, I finally broke through and won. I felt triumphant... until I realized I would have to do this again... and again... and again... every weekend for 2 months.

Sometimes I would win in my first attempt and be done in less than 45 minutes. Others I would spend the whole weekend alternately cursing cheesers and trying to learn their horrible cheesy secrets. The worst part though was the waiting. After each Cup won, the countdown to the next one would start. Lobbies weren't exactly bustling either, so even the most intensely jubilant victories were followed by wait times that got proportionally longer the deeper you went into the Cup. On multiple occasions, I would win 3 games, wait ages for a final... and be unceremoniously beaten only to have to start all over again. After my final win, the trophy popped. There was no longer any sense of joy or pride in my accomplishment. Only relief that I would never have to play that game online ever again. The only real consolation was walking away knowing that, with only a week to go before the servers went down, I would be one of the last people to earn Online Dominance.

TLDR After 9 agonizing weeks, I had my gold trophy and an unimpeded path to that sweet Ultra Rare Plat.

6 months later I find out EA decided at the last minute not to pull the servers and they were up the whole time. To my knowledge they are still up now. :facepalm: 

Fuck you EA. From the bottom of my cold, dead heart. :devil:

• Like 1

This b**tard took 4 hours of my life away from me. 

29L7cd782.png

Beat Andy 
Beat the Developer high score of 21,468,350 on Pacifism Classic

Mainly because I sucked at pacifism mode. In the end I was in a sort of trance. Then all of a sudden I noticed I had 21,300,000 or so points and I needed one more gate and I was trapped in a corner and oh my god I'm going to fail but no there's a gate and can I make it it's gonna be close but I think I can holy f**k I've done it I've finally done it. Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Uhuh. Uh. Uhuh hu. uhuh. :crying:

And no, I don't have the plat yet but I think this trophy was going to be the biggest impediment to me. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

The one of driving 5.000 miles in Midnight Club, I had finished the game and I still had to drive about 1000 miles

FIFA for life (play 50 hours) in FIFA 12, probably the most boring, I had already played more than 50 hours, but the played in UT didn't count

And with no doubt, the most frustrating trophy I've ever earned... In Form (FIFA 13). No words can describe the hate I've have to this trophy.

• Like 1

I don't technically have the plat yet, due to a lack of a 2nd controller and a local co-op trophy, but FIFA Street - Online Dominance.

Online Dominance requires you to win 9 online Cups - each of which require you to win 4 games in a row. Only 1 of the 9 Cups is available every week, and only available from Thursday to Sunday. You can try as many times as you like, but if you don't win the cup on a given weekend, that means waiting 9 weeks to try again. Diabolical at the best of times, but as I was considering challenging this game I realized I had 9.5 weeks left before the servers were scheduled to go offline. F*** it! Let's do this! 

The 1st weekend was the worst. I spent the first few days desperately playing single-player to learn the game and level my players up. Sunday rolled around and I was not nearly ready. My players were in the 70's or 80's. I could compete with the other low-level players, but when a team of 99's showed up it was game over.My strategy basically came down to: "If I keep playing continuously, eventually the good players will win the Cup and go away so I can beat some of my fellow weaklings. After at least 3 Cup Final losses and with a few hours to the deadline, I finally broke through and won. I felt triumphant... until I realized I would have to do this again... and again... and again... every weekend for 2 months.

Sometimes I would win in my first attempt and be done in less than 45 minutes. Others I would spend the whole weekend alternately cursing cheesers and trying to learn their horrible cheesy secrets. The worst part though was the waiting. After each Cup won, the countdown to the next one would start. Lobbies weren't exactly bustling either, so even the most intensely jubilant victories were followed by wait times that got proportionally longer the deeper you went into the Cup. On multiple occasions, I would win 3 games, wait ages for a final... and be unceremoniously beaten only to have to start all over again. After my final win, the trophy popped. There was no longer any sense of joy or pride in my accomplishment. Only relief that I would never have to play that game online ever again. The only real consolation was walking away knowing that, with only a week to go before the servers went down, I would be one of the last people to earn Online Dominance.

TLDR After 9 agonizing weeks, I had my gold trophy and an unimpeded path to that sweet Ultra Rare Plat.

6 months later I find out EA decided at the last minute not to pull the servers and they were up the whole time. To my knowledge they are still up now. :facepalm:

Fuck you EA. From the bottom of my cold, dead heart. :devil:

Never trust EA Servers they´re tricky, but the good side is you earn that HARF F****** trophy xD

The one of driving 5.000 miles in Midnight Club, I had finished the game and I still had to drive about 1000 miles

FIFA for life (play 50 hours) in FIFA 12, probably the most boring, I had already played more than 50 hours, but the played in UT didn't count

And with no doubt, the most frustrating trophy I've ever earned... In Form (FIFA 13). No words can describe the hate I've have to this trophy.

FIFA for life (play 50 hours) I Finally get that trophy, ALELUIA !!! 

The timed played in UT should have, like i did 300 games in UT and then still have to play 50 hours in other game modes -.-

That trophy in FIFA 12 I got pure luck !!! but for those like u who keep buy and buy and dont get nothing, I know that feeling bro :x

• Like 1

That trophy in FIFA 12 I got pure luck !!! but for those like u who keep buy and buy and dont get nothing, I know that feeling bro :x

Actually I got that trophy in FIFA 12 without problems, I think that even before the gold trophy (open 100 packs) :P

I mean in FIFA 13, I see that you haven't played it yet; if you want to get platinum if all games you have, FIFA 13 can be the only one that can resists you, I had to spent about 1.5 million in 7.5 packs to get it...

Actually I got that trophy in FIFA 12 without problems, I think that even before the gold trophy (open 100 packs) :P

I mean in FIFA 13, I see that you haven't played it yet; if you want to get platinum if all games you have, FIFA 13 can be the only one that can resists you, I had to spent about 1.5 million in 7.5 packs to get it...

Wow that´s a lot, but for me enough of FIFA, the main reason I plat this game was that one day I went to my friend house play some games and I wanted to play in my acount so I put my ID in a user that he´s created... meaning he already played FIFA 12 in that acount so when I went to see my profile the trophies of FIFA 12 sync up with mine then I wanted to get the plat xD

If it wasn´t for that I´ve never tried FIFA 12 because football games change a lot from PES 2009 in my opinion, they change so much that i switch the PES for FIFA and last football game I really enjoy playing was FIFA 11 but that´s just my opinion !

• Like 1

Giant Accomplishment in Black Ops 2, is annoying play the mission again and again without the possibility to skip the dialogs

Booty Master on Littlebigplanet, is just wrong when a trophy depends on others to make X2, X3 and X4 maps

Grand Theft Auto 4 key to the city, too long, you miss something and didn't know what is

Sorry for my inglish

The game (Space Invaders Infinity Gene) doesn't have a platinum but this recently got in the way of the 100% for me for about the past 3 weeks it took for me to complete the trophy list:

11La3b45e.png

CONTINUE-FREE CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode without using any continues (on any difficulty level with any number of ships).

Even with 9 lives and the difficulty set on easy, this game still managed to ware me down. I would always get closer and closer to the last level only to be killed by something incredibly stupid. The best strategy is to learn as you go...memorize the levels. I failed so many times that I really didn't have much of a choice, lol

Edited by merciful84

GoW 1 the challenge trophy, the game expired with ps plus :(

I think the trophy Challenge of the gods was one of the most annoying trophies of the all saga, the GOW Ascension was the exception for that trophy fortunatly :)

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Vita

Those fu**ing Speed Runs got me yelling like crazy

Still need online trophies for the plat, but yeah...'

Also Batman Combat maps could get a little maddening

The most complicated maps I had to beat in Batman was in Arkham City to do the 100%, with Catwoman I died very often but eventually I got it but still it was a litle frustrating sometimes xD

• Like 1

killing machine - resistance 2 OMG that trophy was so time consuming, i had to make 10000 kills online and i thought it would take forever to unlock

also play - little big planet i had to finish all levels without dying and i remember there was a level in the final chapter that was really frustrating

Although I manage to platinum these games here are the ones that frustrated me the most

Assassins creed brotherhood: Download complete (Going to level 50 is very slow and not very easy to find players to start a game)

Grand Theft Auto IV: Endangered Species, Dare Devil, Fly the Co-op, Taking it for the team Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic ( 200 pigeons without proper locations to know which has been done, Stunts that not all were easy to do, Fly the co-op needed extremely good players, need a lot of people to take this on,Too much dedication took a two weeks on AWP and a month to finish wanted)

Assassins creed III: Original gamer (Not a fan of minigame since its base on luck and skills not as worst as watch dogs but still frustrating)

Spec Ops: MFWIC (1st game to rage quit)

Assassins creed IV Black flag: Sharing is caring (one week search for 3 events in which requires luck to find even at least once)

Watch Dogs: Social Lubricant (a real thorn to finish on a ridiculous trophy)

Call of Duty Classic: War Hero (2nd game to rage quit numerous time)

Call of Duty World at War: Hardened War Hero ( 3rd game to rage quit on nearly attempted to break the controller)

• 2 weeks later...

Although I manage to platinum these games here are the ones that frustrated me the most

Assassins creed brotherhood: Download complete (Going to level 50 is very slow and not very easy to find players to start a game)

Grand Theft Auto IV: Endangered Species, Dare Devil, Fly the Co-op, Taking it for the team Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic ( 200 pigeons without proper locations to know which has been done, Stunts that not all were easy to do, Fly the co-op needed extremely good players, need a lot of people to take this on,Too much dedication took a two weeks on AWP and a month to finish wanted)

Assassins creed III: Original gamer (Not a fan of minigame since its base on luck and skills not as worst as watch dogs but still frustrating

I can relate with all these trophies, they take pretty much of my time xD

I think you forgot the AEOTM trophy for AC Brotherhood in my opinion, although it has not been my last trophy of MP it was one of the most difficult !

Edited by alex_scp_7
  • Like 1

God of War Chains of Olympus: 

30S4f91c5.png Old Softie 
Don't push away Calliope for one minute

Missed it and didn't realize and have to play through all over again.  Just gave up on the platinum.  Don't think I'll come around for it again, as my backlog has gotten too big and just didn't care much for the game as I found it rather boring and didn't want to slave through another playthrough then the challenges.  I might come back for it, but it really depends on my backlog.

The trophy for having all weapons and upgrades on FFXIII added about 30 hours to the time taken to get platinum :(. Giant Accomplishment has been the trophy keeping me from the Black Ops 2 platinum for some time now, the Ziggy section is driving me insane!! What's annoying is that if you fail it, you have to restart the whole mission and play up to the same section, so you have one attempt every 5-10 minutes at getting a perfect run >:(

God of War Chains of Olympus: 

30S4f91c5.png Old Softie 

Don't push away Calliope for one minute

Missed it and didn't realize and have to play through all over again.  Just gave up on the platinum.  Don't think I'll come around for it again, as my backlog has gotten too big and just didn't care much for the game as I found it rather boring and didn't want to slave through another playthrough then the challenges.  I might come back for it, but it really depends on my backlog.

Of what I remember that is one of the last trophies and if you miss it you´re literally f*****, meaning +1 playtrough if want the trophy xD

I got it in the second playtrough when was going after the gorgon eyes and the feathers, fortunatly i got it but that´s one trophy very easy to miss !!! 

• Like 1

Metal Gear Rising - Getting all S ranks on the most hardest mode. Revengeance...

Soo much time you got to put and to be able to beat them spot on the levels and chapters, but it does take practice and some patience anyways. :)