That Frustrating trophie for the Platinum !

alex_scp_7

Survival master on DOA 5, pushes my sanity to the limit, that one.

Metal Gear Rising - Getting all S ranks on the most hardest mode. Revengeance...

Soo much time you got to put and to be able to beat them spot on the levels and chapters, but it does take practice and some patience anyways. :)

Honestly, getting S ranks doesn't require much effort, just exploit the infinite ripper mode and you're set.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most recently this:

Gravity Rush

35La8adaf.png

All That Glitters
  Gold-medaled EVERY challenge

Some of the challenges on this game are absolutely ridiculous (the DLC ones being by far the worst) and all require you to level up certain stats to a point. Why didn't they just make some challenges available at certain points of the game when the necessary stats should already be leveled up? To make them all so readily avaliable as soon as you unlock a new part of the city, makes it a bit frustrating.

Edited by merciful84

Max Payne 3

TROPHY

10Le8a629.png

The Shadows Rushed Me 

8 times game freezes during chapter 7-8 :| .....and died once at the final level :facepalm:  and i was like **** it  :)

EDIT: wopssssss wrong thread 

Edited by AMU-LOVE

Almost every trophy from Catherine. Seriously, that game's insane. I only have 12 Ultra Rare trophies and they're all from that game.

Though online trophies can be a real bitch due to not being attainable all by yourself. I'm more of an offline gamer (exclusively, actually), so I loathe it when I check the trophy list for a game and see I have to go online to get the platinum. Not to mention, if you wait too long... poof! Either the population dies out or the servers close and you'll NEVER be able to platinum that game EVER.

I'm currently trying to get the online trophies for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Thought the population had already died out when I read a post on the site's sub-forum for the game that told me to just turn off all the DLC updates. Seriously, that's just moronic game design. Oh well, at least now I can get that Platinum... but that Abstergo Employee of the Month trophy certainly won't make it easy. Seriously, get EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN bonus at least once?! Namely Extreme Variety, which only pops up after you did 15 different bonuses in a single session?! Whoever came up with the idea for this trophy should get fired. Finally got the bonus today after a 3,5 hour session, but man...

Edited by jrdemr

Resistance 2 - 10000 kills.  Only played a few competitive matches and realised how long this would take...packed the game in immediately!

FFX - Max Sphere Grid for all.   Even knowing every trick in the book this still is quite a chore.  Got there eventually.

inFamous - Shards.  -_-  Soul destroying, took me hours to find that last shard.  Never again.

Shadow of the Colossus - HTA Colossus 3.   Broke a controller here...still not done, still taunts me...

Mention for Uncharted crushing modes.   You get through them, but I find them to be tiresome.  No doubt we'll sadly see this again in U4 but I wish ND would give us a break from it...we get it, you can make games with bullet sponge enemies that attack with all the power of a supernova, mode, we don't need reminding.

Pointless collectibles trophies requiring hours of IQ lowering grind.

Difficulty trophies that require 3/4/5 playthroughs...enough already, I don't want to play the same content over and over and over...

Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime.  - Last trophy level of Dyad I haven't completed.  Travel 4k meters, my best is around 3.4k with 50+ attempts.  I took some time off the game cause I was saving it for my 50th plat, came back and couldn't even break 3k.  I'll get back to it eventually but it's incredibly frustrating.

I really wouldnt call this trophy frustrating because its easy as pie . I just find it diffifcult because it takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bloody long 

''Reach Level 50'' Driveclub PS4 

26L5bf448.png

im lvl 43 i bought the game 12/27/14 

Edited by johnnyjh

Rayman Legends itself isn't a hard game. But this trophy :facepalm:  :
31S0a5901.pngAweso me! (Reach the final level of Awesomeness) needs tons of grinding if you are not a top 1% player. I decide to just pursue the gold cup instead of diamond cup. And it turns the time to platinum from two weeks to nearly four month. :facepalm: 

• Like 1

Creeping Death - Guitar Hero Metallica

It's the last one for a very hard plat, but I just can't get over the hump.

100% Battle Trophies - Star Ocean

It's the last one for the plat, but I just don't want to do that crap. There's grinding, there's grinding, and there's...killing 60,000 enemies, for no reward whatsoever, just to get 2 of a total of 900 necessary battle trophies. That's about 60 hours of nothing but bashing enemies on a game I have long beaten down in every other way.

Edited by starcrunch061

Multiplayer Grind Trophies

Mostly because I don't want to put in anytime playing multiplayer to most games.

Assassin's Creed IV level up to level 55( Haven't done this yet, and don't want to, that I can't figure out to play Assassin's Creed multiplayer games anyway)
GTA V( level up to 100, not looking forward to it when I get around to it). And whatever other games have them.

And currently I was originally attempting Digimon Rumble All Star platinum, but they want me to play story mode 50+ times probably to find all the cards so another grind trophy.

Almost every trophy from Catherine. Seriously, that game's insane. I only have 12 Ultra Rare trophies and they're all from that game.

Though online trophies can be a real bitch due to not being attainable all by yourself. I'm more of an offline gamer (exclusively, actually), so I loathe it when I check the trophy list for a game and see I have to go online to get the platinum. Not to mention, if you wait too long... poof! Either the population dies out or the servers close and you'll NEVER be able to platinum that game EVER.

I'm currently trying to get the online trophies for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Thought the population had already died out when I read a post on the site's sub-forum for the game that told me to just turn off all the DLC updates. Seriously, that's just moronic game design. Oh well, at least now I can get that Platinum... but that Abstergo Employee of the Month trophy certainly won't make it easy. Seriously, get EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN bonus at least once?! Namely Extreme Variety, which only pops up after you did 15 different bonuses in a single session?! Whoever came up with the idea for this trophy should get fired. Finally got the bonus today after a 3,5 hour session, but man...

What is the catch to hide 550 trophies? Haha everything for 100% right? In the reality you have 30%...

What is the catch to hide 550 trophies? Haha everything for 100% right? In the reality you have 30%...

Actually, no. I did hide a lot of trophies, but all of those were either from:

• Games I don't have anymore (I'd gladly delete their trophies if I could)
  • Games my brother played in my profile (which I would transfer to his PS3 account if I could). And he still platinum'd most of these.

Basically, I hid all trophies from games I don't actually own, So yeah, that 99,7% completion rate is very real. If I somehow were unable to platinum a game that is actually mine, I'd still leave it unhidden.

Part of the МР trophies are extremely time-consuming and often frustrating. ...

So: make 50-100lvl played it ultra hard/impossible/God mod, do 494902348924 bilions, collect 1111 boxes/feathers/cars/furs/hairs/nails/knifes ... buls**tz ! 

This is very sick, honestly ... I mean, WTF idea of developers, I dont understand - to spend sometimes dozens hours over a trophy or abandoning a game desperate for months because can't pop ultra / hyper mega rare or f***ing plat ?  :facepalm:

Edited by Vynzen

Weapon Retailer

Acquire every weapon in the game

If it weren't for this trophy in Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, I would've platinumed the game long time ago... I clearly made the mistake of not playing in hard mode when I leveled all the characters, since now that they're all maxed up, it seems really hard getting the last weapons. I've even played stories again and the character still didn't get its final weapon. Reeeeally frustrating, have been trying to get this for almost two years. ;_;

Also the MP trophies in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are irritating. The only AC game I haven't platinumed, but some day, some day...

Edited by mempsis

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

46S7bb2a4.png

Gummi Ship Collector 
Obtain all gummi ship blueprints.

First of all, I hate this gummi ship thing, and you had to do every single gummi ship mission to get the trophy. I spent 5 hours with one almost impossible mission  :D 

Virtually impossible from MGS2. Those MGS1 Snake's variety and hold up missions were a bitch. It took me around 25 hours (or 30, I don't remember exactly) to beat all the 500+ missions.

I'm planning to platinum DOA5 and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cry and sweat blood. Those Survival courses make it almost imposible to platinum unless I learn to use some exploits.

Edited by Viklozz

• 3 weeks later...