Sleeping Dogs 2 / Triad Wars is an online game

MarsipanRumpan

Okay so Sleeping Dogs 2 have been in development for awhile now, and a year back or so they announced it was being named Triad Wars. I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, and it was my first platinum. So I srarted looking forward to Triad Wars. Later on this year they announced a remaster as you may know, it releases in October now. So I figured they would soon start to talk about Triad Wars.

Well, in a blog post, they announced that Triad Wars is an online game. And not only that, they also announced it will be PC only. So there goes Triad Wars for me im afraid seeing as i hate online games 8/10 times and I dont have a "beast" computer

Do you guys and gals have any opinions on Triad Wars online and pc only?

Aw, that really sucks. I heard it might be an iOS game, ending up like AC: Pirates. And that game being online only wouldn't be too fun, PC or not. Should've just stuck with the same singleplayer format with some upgrades. Ah well. There's too many games anyways, my wallet is taking enough damage as it is.

That's pretty misleading, Sleeping Dogs 2 was never in development. Triad Wars is in the same Universe, not a sequel. We've known Triad Wars was PC only since last year haven't we?

Well now you're making me ashamed..

You are correct that the title is misleading, I didn't have that in my mind while writing this. No Triad Wars is in fact NOT a sequel, but it is often refered as the sequel to Sleeping Dogs, thats why I used it. But as you said, its only a game in the same universe. But where the heck did you find out that it was pc only, a year ago? And the dude that I quoted under this quote said it was confirmed for all platforms. :D

There's no reputable source other than you.

Second of all, it was confirmed to be across the major platforms earlier this year.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/22/next-installment-in-sleeping-dogs-franchise-to-be-online-game-developer-reveals/

Dualshockers is a great site and you cab trust them.

And well about that all platform, doesnt seem like it, do you have any reliable source of it being on all platforms?

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

it's not the same game, square have stated that they're makin it into a big franchise with various spinoffs bein developed onto a variety of platforms... the same for deus ex also... this is triad wars, an extension of the game but it's not the actual sequel like many have said...

so don't sweat it, we will be kickin butt hong kong style in a dedicated sequel but details probably won't surface until Q2/Q3 15' i'd say, that is if the remastered edition gets a good reception... square can be quite dismissive of a franchise if it doesn't sell trillions like ff7 did so it might be a good idea to buy atleast 4 copies each of the remastered edition else a sequel might not come out lol...

• Like 3

so don't sweat it, we will be kickin butt hong kong style in a dedicated sequel but details probably won't surface until Q2/Q3 15' i'd say, that is if the remastered edition gets a good reception...

This is what really has me worried. I really hope Square Enix isn't using the Definitive Edition as a means to decide whether or not to make a Sleeping Dogs 2. I'm not sure how it will sell, but I don't think Sleeping Dogs can benefit much from a next-gen remaster compared to some other games.

Edited by godzillaboy100

This is what really has me worried. I really hope Square Enix isn't using the Definitive Edition as a means to decide whether or not to make a Sleeping Dogs 2. I'm not sure how it will sell, but I don't Sleeping Dogs can benefit much from a next-gen remaster compared to some other games.

it's typical of square to do this... they compare every game's sales to the lofty heights of ff7 and if these games only sell around a million or so copies each then square will either lay into the game devs and drop the would be franchise or lay into gamers for not buyin enough copies...

what they don't realise is that even though they think hitman, deus ex, sd and tomb raider all had awful sales- the reality is that they all sold either just under a million or just over which is good!... only games like gta, fifa and cod will sell big amounts whilst every other game inbetween sells around the 500,000 mark if that...

i do think the remastered edition of sd is to test the water... im not sure it will sell big numbers like they want though, might be worth them puttin somethin from ff7 in it just to make sure, like cloud lol...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

If I had a PS4 I would definitely buy the PS4 edition (as well) just for the sake of showing support for an under appreciated game that is actually pretty good. Even though it's very GTA-esque.

The same reason I bought Okami twice.

Otherwise we'll just end up with more and more of the same games. 

I think FF7 was the exception and not the rule, Square shouldn't judge success by that standard.

This is what really has me worried. I really hope Square Enix isn't using the Definitive Edition as a means to decide whether or not to make a Sleeping Dogs 2. I'm not sure how it will sell, but I don't think Sleeping Dogs can benefit much from a next-gen remaster compared to some other games.

If your "i don't think a remaster can benefit sales" comes from the small audience which got the original I'm with you, but if you're talking about the technology improvement there's a possibility of a real upgrade:

"Alongside the visual tweaks, United Front Games has also made changes to the game's camera, vehicles and physics". 

But the price is still big. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

If your "i don't think a remaster can benefit sales" comes from the small audience which got the original I'm with you, but if you're talking about the technology improvement there's a possibility of a real upgrade:

"Alongside the visual tweaks, United Front Games has also made changes to the game's camera, vehicles and physics". 

But the price is still big. 

Yeah, I meant sales. Anyone who's already bought Sleeping Dogs doesn't have much of a reason to buy the Definitive Edition and, seeing as no major game additions have been announced, people would probably opt for the cheaper PS3/Xbox 360 versions if they haven't bought the game already.

My biggest concern is that it's expected to sell on par with the original, if not better, and it won't, causing Square Enix to believe that there is no longer interest in the franchise. As long as Square Enix takes every factor into consideration when creating their sales predictions, there shouldn't be a problem.  That said, I may buy the Definitive Edition to show support, but I've got other priorities, as I'm sure others do as well.

Here's hoping.

it's typical of square to do this... they compare every game's sales to the lofty heights of ff7 and if these games only sell around a million or so copies each then square will either lay into the game devs and drop the would be franchise or lay into gamers for not buyin enough copies...

what they don't realise is that even though they think hitman, deus ex, sd and tomb raider all had awful sales- the reality is that they all sold either just under a million or just over which is good!... only games like gta, fifa and cod will sell big amounts whilst every other game inbetween sells around the 500,000 mark if that...

i do think the remastered edition of sd is to test the water... im not sure it will sell big numbers like they want though, might be worth them puttin somethin from ff7 in it just to make sure, like cloud lol...

Yea, not every game is FF7. At least some of those got sequels.

• 2 weeks later...