The Future of Final Fantasy on Vita Depends on You

kidhero99

Final Fantasy could come to Vita, if players are vocal enough, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata told IGN. If it were in his hands, a portable Final Fantasy game would be all about multiplayer.

“The potential is always there, but I’ve been making games recently on console,” he said. “Hypothetically, personally speaking, if I were to work on a Final Fantasy game for, say, the Vita platform, I would love to implement elements of co-op play and versus play, and have a Final Fantasy that has roots in allowing for people to play together.”

Today, Tabata wants “to make the most use of the best specs on the current hardware. Of course, I’ve worked on titles on handheld, and I’d aim for the best quality on a limited screen size and try to bring out the best in the device.”

Tabata recently took over the role of director on Final Fantasy XV, with former lead Tetsuya Nomura leaving the project to work on Kingdom Hearts III and other games. Tabata’s last game, Final Fantasy Type-0, is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One because fans were vocal about wanting to play a localized version, and playing it on something other than its native PlayStation Portable.

Whether that would ever happen to other games is up to fan demand, “and if Square Enix is willing to stand by that demand and follow through.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/23/the-future-of-final-fantasy-on-vita-depends-on-fan-demand

Come on people make yourselves heard!  What are you waiting for?! 

Versus multiplayer doesn't sound at all right for Final Fantasy, co-op d could possibly be interesting depending on how they do it but overall I'd rather FF stay a single player experience. All I really want from the series right now to be honest is a port of Crisis Core that I can purchase digitally be it on PS3, PS4, PS Vita or even Playstation TV, I'll run out and buy one the next day if that's what they settle on it just give me.

Edited by Jon-Patrick-S

I feel that the japs wants to add MP to any vita game they make because people in japan actualy play it and its possible to form full ad hoc parties there, however this doesnt hold true for the rest of the world so bollocks to that.

I remember some FF guy saying something about going back to the roots so this confuses me even more that they want to make it MP/online.

On a side-note, please port a HD release of FF12 zodiac job system to the vita.

I think there is a very small group of people that associates true Final Fantasy with multiplayer. For me it's all about the great singleplayer experience and the story. If i could get a great story on the Vita i would be happy, but if we get another pseudo-fun game where everything is tied to multiplayer i'm out. 

So Vita owners beg for Type-0 HD and they put it on the PS4 and now they say that there will be one if there is demand? I guess they implemented that like yesterday, cause it hasn't worked thus far. 

A Vita FF would be nice, but I don't think the MP is a great idea, I'd love a remake of FFVI, but that's just dreaming at this point lol