Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruhkillmeez

What's your favorite video-game trailer ever?

61 posts in this topic

So, what's your favorite game trailer? Don't matter what kind of trailer is your favorite, it can simply just be a debut trailer, a teaser trailer, a launch trailer, etc.You can list more than just one trailer if you want.

As for myself, I have trouble deciding which trailer is my all-time favorite, but I guess as for now, I'll choose the launch trailer for 'The Last of Us'
(My sincerest apologies if somehow a thread with this topic or similar to this topic has been created. I didn't find a thread featuring this topic.)

The Last of Us | Launch Trailer (PS3 version)

This trailer for 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' is also another top favorite trailer of mine. The MGS games seriously have one of the best trailers ever, and The Phantom Pain trailers are killing it! Just this trailer itself gives me the chills!
Edited by jack21_98

This trailer is pure fucking class, sets the atmosphere for the game perfectly and really pulls you in, this is advertising done right haha.

I remember watching this when it first aired and just being like  :o I need to fucking play this game.

Edited by dfyd

This is the first trailer that came to mind. 

Another one would be AC4.. :wub:

Most recently though it's the E3 trailer of No Man's Sky. 

Edited by Green

For me it has got to be, Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Trailer

I really love the guy doing the voice over for this, "Take a dump on the face of common sense", I am going to get this game as soon as I get more money because I am broke right now, stupid college.

Edited by TheVader66

I remember being really exited about the first one I seen for Final Fantasy XIII, I'm not sure if this is that exact one or not though.

Dead Island

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Edited by Goro

I've got many but these came to my mind:

Tom Clancy's The Division

Final Fantasy XV

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

For high-impact I would have to say Skyrim

Edited by KillCount2121

Oh I couldn't pick just one :D

Bayonetta 2

All Final Fantasy XV trailers, yes all of them!

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas trailer 2

Grand Theft Auto Vice City trailer 2

Sonic Generations

Edited by Venocide

The reaction and emotion everyone felt when this was announced was amazing. So much energy and hype!

And of course being an MGS fan I think all the MGSV trailers have been absolutely awesome. My favorite being the Red Band trailer for e3 2013

Bioshock trailer is my favorite. Kingdom Hearts 3 debut would be second. But the actual trailer wasn't great, it was just an "Oh shit!" moment when they revealed it.

Way too hard to just pick one so I will just choose my top three.

Assassins Creed Revelations

Dead Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtge

The Last of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJK9XTvjkXw

One thing I've noticed is that the trailers for these games sequels/predecessors or other franchises by same developer all have very cool trailers. Dead Island Riptide and DI2 have both amazing trailers and all the AC games have brilliant trailers with epic soundtracks tied to them.

Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Prince of Persia Warrior Within. I just love the cinematic trailers, it makes it look like its a movie trailer and not just a game trailer.

Edited by Flying_Foxbat

Resident Evil: Directors Cut

This trailer is pure fucking class, sets the atmosphere for the game perfectly and really pulls you in, this is advertising done right haha.

I remember watching this when it first aired and just being like  :o I need to fucking play this game.

You brought me back to 2006 when this game was just out, i had just quit my job and bought this game while i looked for a job... fast forward to 3 months later i was 50 IN THE WORLD in this game, but unemployed...

The clear winner for me was Drakengard 3's original Japanese trailer (I'm not a sub master-race person by any means but the English voice acting in the English counterpart doesn't have quite the same impact for me).  I think it's definitely the intensity of the two soundtracks used, 'Silence is Mine' and 'Kuroi Uta', is what makes the trailer so epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_VYRIuKkc

Special shout-outs to the Final Fantasy VII and original Jak and Daxter trailers though.  :yay:

It was TLOU Launch trailer as well (recently), 2 yrs ago, although the story trailer is also tied with that, but before that was the Uncharted 3 Launch Trailer, which was also tied with it's alternate E3 Trailer, until v-this-v came out-

(While writing this reply I had just realized I had some "recents" that were tied so now there will be a few videos-)

Jak 3 Playstation 2 Trailer - Trailer of Greatness (<--- look familar, xD?)

Uncharted and TLOU was never the only games made by Naughty Dog with gorgeous cinematics and heavy & engaging story telling. It was in Jak's games as well, including the action-racing spinoff game, Jak X: Combat Racing, however Jak's games are also where it all started and is what allowed ND to bring the Uncharted series to such a stronger greatness (which was helped by the advanced technology as well), but this is really only because it's a next Gen game. (A lot of people today still say Jak's games had the better story.)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Jak and Daxter Trailer

It's only the J&D fans of before this game came out who would understand the hype and feeling of this trailer it came out. And when I say fans, I mean fans from the days Jak's games were on PS2. If you hadn't played any or most of Jak's games (made by ND) 5 yrs prior to this game, you wouldn't even remotely understand the joy and satisfaction from this trailer once this character was reveal for this game.

Jak and Daxter (HD) Collection Announce Trailer

Partly similar to the above, definitely only older fans of the PS2 days could only understand the overwhelming joy and happiness from seeing this trailer. It may not have been Jak 4 or 5, but that didn't stop this collection from selling extremely well (probably more than what ND thought). These games that came out in 2001, 2003, and 2004 respectively.. it's been so long and to have seen it remastered (even with trophies) after several yrs was just a consecutive amount of nostalgia hits to the brain, and a must-re-buy.. from the trailer alone.