Does this collection still freeze?

Finozzi1696

Hi, I'm a huge fan of Silent Hill and I'm planning to get this collection just for the trophies (I know, the PC and PS2 versions are better).

Can anyone tell me if after the patch there are still bugs or freezes during this two games?

Thanks.

theres still bugs and it may sometimes freeze but a lot of it seems to be random or you getting very unlucky and get a lot of bugs/glitches/freezings, Silent Hill 3 as SH3HD got the worst of it is has more glitch/bugs then SH2HD and is more likely to freeze, SH2HD is fixed more or less, i personally i have only had SH2HD freeze on me once or twice but thats it, without any major bugs/glitches but i have heard and seen glitches/bugs happen on it, but i haven't had it happen to me, so its mostly just random or luck for you to have it freeze or bug/glitch out.

theres still bugs and it may sometimes freeze but a lot of it seems to be random or you getting very unlucky and get a lot of bugs/glitches/freezings, Silent Hill 3 as SH3HD got the worst of it is has more glitch/bugs then SH2HD and is more likely to freeze, SH2HD is fixed more or less, i personally i have only had SH2HD freeze on me once or twice but thats it, without any major bugs/glitches but i have heard and seen glitches/bugs happen on it, but i haven't had it happen to me, so its mostly just random or luck for you to have it freeze or bug/glitch out.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Yeah the thing is its still not this great of an experience. I hoped for a patch after 1.01 as well. But there wasnt a patch ever after. Just a hint: When you play born from a wish in SH2: Save before you enter the Blue C. apartments. Kill every enemy in the hallways. Even the cockroaches. Game always freezed on me I didnt. Used original voices as well. So far the PC version is the superior one. The worst thing is imo, they used another elevator sound in SH3. The one the door comes down hard. No shock effect anymore hehe.

Edited by ykincs

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the posts in this thread guys.  I recently picked this up and was just wondering if I should open it or not if its too buggy.  Never get a straight answer normally.  I think a lot of peopl ejust comment on the unpatched game from what i've seen.  Well its good to know that at least SH2 is functional.

Thanks for all the posts in this thread guys.  I recently picked this up and was just wondering if I should open it or not if its too buggy.  Never get a straight answer normally.  I think a lot of peopl ejust comment on the unpatched game from what i've seen.  Well its good to know that at least SH2 is functional.

well i patched the game before installing ...... sh3 ran fine ..... and sh2 glitched once during my third playthrough and atleast a dozen times in the 10 star play ....

i uninstalled the game and tried again without the patch but the game was ridiculously jittery ..... so i would definately recommend patching it.

I've played 4 playtroughts of Silent Hil 2 HD and didn't experience any freezes at all. The only problem i had with the game was when i starte the 2nd playtrought , the items simply vanish of the locations they where suppose to appear and for that i had to wait until the 3nd playtrought to get the items.

Yes, even after you download the patch, sometimes Silent Hill 2 will freeze. As other members said, you could end up in dark room area and wandering in vicinity. If you really want to play this game for trophy, be prepared to control your anger if the game is suddenly freezed during your attempt to get 10 star ranking. In my case, I am quite lucky it never freeze.

For Silent Hill 3, your game may freeze at the point where you in Silent Hill motel and try to go to hospital.Just save before going to Silent Hill with Douglas will easily save your trouble. Trophies for Silent Hill 3 is quite relaxing since you dont need to get 10 star ranking.

I've done 3 playthroughs on Silent Hill 2 (still need another 3 playthroughs for the Platinum) and I haven't encountered any freezing/crashing with the patch installed. Just some very bad framerates whilst running and audio issues with some of the songs looping.

I got the Platinum for Silent Hill 3 a while ago, and again the game didn't crash or freeze on me once in 3 playthroughs. Same framerate and audio issues as Silent Hill 2.

I hope this helps! :)

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891

I've done 3 playthroughs on Silent Hill 2 (still need another 3 playthroughs for the Platinum) and I haven't encountered any freezing/crashing with the patch installed. Just some very bad framerates whilst running and audio issues with some of the songs looping.

I got the Platinum for Silent Hill 3 a while ago, and again the game didn't crash or freeze on me once in 3 playthroughs. Same framerate and audio issues as Silent Hill 2.

I hope this helps! :)

i experienced framerate drops in a lot of places...but no freezes at all.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I played the game when it first came out and can confirm it had issues at launch on my first playthrough. 

I've recently picked up the games and have completed 3 playthroughs in the last two weeks (trophy hunting!)  and can confirm the patch has significantly improved the game, and there were no noticeable issues in any of my playthroughs - no crashed, no issues with audio, no freezing etc. They may be an ever so little lag when moving quickly between certain areas, but barely noticeable and does not impact on the enjoyment or play-ability of the game.

I'm so happy they fixed this game as it was one of my favorites on the PS2 :lol: . I'm still a little disappointed with the graphics, as the PC version at the time looked better than the "HD remaster" did 10 years later!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

For what it's worth just finished my first playthrough of Silent Hill 2 HD and other than the occasional frame drop while running around town game works fine. No crashing, no freezing, no glitching and I've heard about the infamous clean "no fog" visuals but as far as I can tell they've patched the fog in since 2012. Game works like a charm, just sorry SH3 HD doesn't get any of the original voices.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Silent Hill 3 still glitchs a lot, but it depends on many factors, for example : all the game sloats you have saved, or if you are looking for glitches, like the mail one. The last i had was a graphic one. In the (spoiler alert) hospital when you take the picture with the instant camera, nothing appeared, and then many parts of the room looked like if the color didnt charged well, it looked like many colors in one little space. Then it froze. I got out of the game and i loaded again, and it happened again but in different points, the weird colors appeared, and then it crashes. Until the church, that the game didint charged at all.