Kingdom Hearts 3D HD Remaster Possibly Coming Up Next

Cassiopria

Kingdom-Hearts-3D-630x477.jpg

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/24/kingdom-hearts-3d-hd-remaster-coming-up-next/

Square Enix has done a splendid job getting Kingdom Hearts fans back in high spirits after leaving the series on the back burner for a few years. HD remakes of Kingdom HeartsKingdom Hearts II, and most of the handheld spin-offs have proven to be popular over the last two years as Square Enix preps the hype for Kingdom Hearts III on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Is this series of remakes over, or does Square Enix still have more to offer? In an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, translated by Siliconera, Director Tetsuya Nomura openly mentioned that his companyicon1.png is seriously considering givingKingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance the HD treatment on modern consoles. The original game was released on the Nintendo 3DS in 2012, and it enjoyed pretty solid reviews.

Nomura also discussed how development of Kingdom Hearts III has been faring. Now that he is no longer in the director’s chair of Final Fantasy XV, his efforts can be more focused onto the game he really wants to be making, and everything is going according to plan and schedule.

The developers at Square Enix’s Osaka studio have commented that Sora is a little too overpowered at the moment, and he is nearly invincible by the game’s end. Nomura also said he is struggling to think of new Disney worlds for Sora and his friends to visit. No doubt he is in heavy negotiations to snag Star Wars and Marvel, but I doubt he’ll be granted access to them.

Fine by me, though. I love Kingdom Hearts‘ focus on classic Disney. Snow WhiteWinnie the PoohSword in the StoneDisney Renaissance. All great material to work with! It’s far more nostalgic than a trip to modern day Disney World.

While nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet about Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Square Enix has also been riding high on the positive publicity of another mobile turned HD game, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. If this trend becomes a “thing,” what are some Square Enix mobile games you’d like to see get an HD treatment?

I know Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and The 3rd Birthday are probably really high on a lot of fans’ lists, and I won’t disagree. What about the Final Fantasy Dissidia games?

VIA SILICONERA

• Like 3

While I'm happy about this, what about their 3ds community who brought the game out of loyalty? I remember reading people buying a 3ds just for this game and I don't think this will sit well with them considering Xbox One is getting KH3 not Nintendo. Anyway, guys you will love Kingdom Hearts 3D, it was magical and awesome. 

• Like 2

While I'm happy about this, what about their 3ds community who brought the game out of loyalty? I remember reading people buying a 3ds just for this game and I don't think this will sit well with them considering Xbox One is getting KH3 not Nintendo. Anyway, guys you will love Kingdom Hearts 3D, it was magical and awesome.

Wouldn't it be some shit if the remastered version got ported to the Wii U and only the Wii U xD so much rage withing the community.

I own the original and I like it enough to buy an HD remaster, assuming they add a few changes. There needs to be some edits to the Drop-Out (at least I think that's what it's called) system as it is absolutely stupid to have to restart a boss because your arbitrary time limit ran out. I'm curious to see how the touchscreen-based mechanics would work, as well.

Nice! Would be cool if they would bring most of the Kingdom Hearts games remastered in HD over to the playstation 3, before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases. I never got to play the games that were only available for the Nintendo and Playstation portables.

I'd definitely love to see this happening! Besides, they said KHIII system is an evolution of DDD's flowmotion, so they have to make sure everyone gets a glimpse of what's to come gameplay-wise. Also, new HD Remaster means new secret video!!  :awesome:

If this is released in 2015, I really don't know how I'm gonna handle my economy xD

PS: Can we hope for FFXII HD to happen too please? ^^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 4

Nice! Would be cool if they would bring most of the Kingdom Hearts games remastered in HD over to the playstation 3, before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases. I never got to play the games that were only available for the Nintendo and Playstation portables.

Well, Re:Chain of Memories, pretty much a 3D version of Chain of Memories, and HD versions of the 358/2 Days cutscenes are in the 1.5 HD ReMix. Birth By Sleep and Re:Coded's cutscenes will be in 2.5 HD ReMix, if I'm not mistaken. I know cutscenes aren't exactly games, but it's something...

...Okay, not really, but at least Square Enix tried...

...Okay, they didn't, but still...

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be some shit if the remastered version got ported to the Wii U and only the Wii U xD so much rage withing the community.

Well with Square's trolling, anything could happen lol. With the excuse they gave not porting it to the Wii U I just wonder how Square's future is shaping up? I wonder if FF15 is going to be up on par with Xenoblade C.

There's absolutely no point to them doing this, and it's not going to happen. The game is not just on a current gen system, but on the most popular current gen handheld system. You can already easily go out and buy a 3DS and 3D. If they were to make it, it would also delay the release of KHIII. Not necessarily because it would pull staff away from KHIII, they could easily use people not working on a project (like put the Type-0 HD team on it once they're done), but it would delay it because there would be no point in releasing the game after releasing KHIII. Since KHIII is the last game in the current story, releasing the in between game after KHIII doesn't make any sense. Especially since they're going to explain exactly what happened in 3D no matter what. Just like they did with CoM in KHII. 

Also, at this point, any real KH fan that really wants to know the story has already played it or has at least looked up the story and/or watched the cutscenes on Youtube. It's also not like a lot even happens in the game. Everything important to the overall plot happens at the very end of the game, and can be easily summarized in just a couple sentences. There's no reason to waste the time and resources to remake the game for the story.

In addition to all of that, the interview was from a translation by Siliconera. Siliconera constantly spreads misinformation and mistranslates. A couple fun examples of this are when they said that Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds was coming to PS3 and 360 at the same time in the west, and when they said that Decade Duels Plus was released when it had just been announced. Nomura has already said many times that he's not going to remake 3D, and for good reason. For anyone that really cares about the game, just get it on 3DS, or look up the story and/or watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

Well, Re:Chain of Memories, pretty much a 3D version of Chain of Memories, and HD versions of the 358/2 Days cutscenes are in the 1.5 HD ReMix. Birth By Sleep and Re:Coded's cutscenes will be in 2.5 HD ReMix, if I'm not mistaken. I know cutscenes aren't exactly games, but it's something...

...Okay, not really, but at least Square Enix tried...

...Okay, they didn't, but still...

Birth By Sleep is actually playable in 2.5. Coded is the only one that just has cutscenes. They've also said that they're adding to the story of Coded, to make it more relevant to the story. Since it was a pretty pointless game on it's own, that basically just retold the story of the original KH. With the exception of the secret ending that said what 3D was going to be about.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 2

3Ds was actually my least favorite of the KH series. Though I wouldn't mind having a remaster end version.

And by no means that I didn't enjoy the game or the game was bad, the flowmotion was awesome, but it was overdone and made the game too easy imo. Hopefully they'll tweak it a little to make the mechanics better.

Birth By Sleep is actually playable in 2.5. Coded is the only one that just has cutscenes. They've also said that they're adding to the story of Coded, to make it more relevant to the story. Since it was a pretty pointless game on it's own, that basically just retold the story of the original KH. With the exception of the secret ending that said what 3D was going to be about.

I meant that Birth By Sleep is playable in 2.5 and Re:Coded was just cutscenes, which is why I typed "Birth By Sleep" and not "Birth By Sleep's," but I can see where that misunderstanding could be made. And that's pretty sweet that they're adding onto Coded's story.

There's absolutely no point to them doing this, and it's not going to happen. The game is not just on a current gen system, but on the most popular current gen handheld system. You can already easily go out and buy a 3DS and 3D. If they were to make it, it would also delay the release of KHIII. Not necessarily because it would pull staff away from KHIII, they could easily use people not working on a project (like put the Type-0 HD team on it once they're done), but it would delay it because there would be no point in releasing the game after releasing KHIII. Since KHIII is the last game in the current story, releasing the in between game after KHIII doesn't make any sense. Especially since they're going to explain exactly what happened in 3D no matter what. Just like they did with CoM in KHII. 

Also, at this point, any real KH fan that really wants to know the story has already played it or has at least looked up the story and/or watched the cutscenes on Youtube. It's also not like a lot even happens in the game. Everything important to the overall plot happens at the very end of the game, and can be easily summarized in just a couple sentences. There's no reason to waste the time and resources to remake the game for the story.

In addition to all of that, the interview was from a translation by Siliconera. Siliconera constantly spreads misinformation and mistranslates. A couple fun examples of this are when they said that Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds was coming to PS3 and 360 at the same time in the west, and when they said that Decade Duels Plus was released when it had just been announced. Nomura has already said many times that he's not going to remake 3D, and for good reason. For anyone that really cares about the game, just get it on 3DS, or look up the story and/or watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

Making this remake would mean nothing to KHIII, there's no way it would release before 2016, and they can put one of their secondary teams working on it (they can actually use the ones doing these remakes, they are not the ones working on III anyway).

And this is not new, Nomura mentioned wanting to do something with 3D ever since he announced the second collection, he even went on about how it would be strange for DDD to be the only game out of the remake tratment.

And there's nothing wrong in releasing this ater III anyway, it's not like it would be the first time it happen, ever heard about Re:Chain of Memories? And while we are talking about it, there was never any explaination on KHII about COM's story.

Making this remake would mean nothing to KHIII, there's no way it would release before 2016, and they can put one of their secondary teams working on it (they can actually use the ones doing these remakes, they are not the ones working on III anyway).

And this is not new, Nomura mentioned wanting to do something with 3D ever since he announced the second collection, he even went on about how it would be strange for DDD to be the only game out of the remake tratment.

And there's nothing wrong in releasing this ater III anyway, it's not like it would be the first time it happen, ever heard about Re:Chain of Memories? And while we are talking about it, there was never any explaination on KHII about COM's story.

I love how people assume that there's unlimited numbers of people in development studios. Square's in-house studios are already working on 3 games, XV, Type-0 HD, and KHIII. They don't have an entire team of people just sitting around with nothing to do. They're all busy, and in order to create a team to make 3D HD, they'd have to pull people from the other projects, and ultimately delay their releases. Which would be an incredibly dumb move.

I've never read an interview where Nomura said that he wanted to remake 3D. Ever. You'll need some sauce from a reliable source for that be believable.

ReCoM was a remake of a gameboy game, and by the time KHII came out, the GBA was on an outdated system. Since the DS had been out for over a year by the time KHII came out. Also, KHII wasn't the end of the whole story line. Also, ReCoM was originally packaged with KHIIFM+ as a bonus, because the GBA version got a lot of flack for being so different from the rest of the series. Unlike 3D which has gameplay in line with the PS2 counterparts and is on a current gen system. It also made sense for them to release a remake of an older game at that point, as a way to keep people interested in the series, which is why CoM was released in the US. They definitely explained what happened in CoM in KHII. That's what the entire Roxas segment was doing, explaining what happened in the first two games. Spoilers and what-not from here on.

They explained in KHII that Sora was put to sleep because Namine messed with his memories, and that Riku denied the same offer to look after Sora. In the journal, you also unlock entries about each of the organization members that were killed in CoM after the Roxas fight. Those explained a bit of what happened too. Point is, they explained all of the important things. Same can much more easily be done for 3D.

Here's everything important that happened in 3D. Xehanort put pieces of himself into different people and gathered them from across time to create 13 pieces of darkness needed to open the way to Kingdom Hearts, but he failed and said he'd try again once Sora and friends gather 7 pieces of light to fight him. Then Riku became a keyblade master and Sora didn't. Oh, and Kairi and Axel are being trained to use a keyblade too. Put even more simply, the original Xehanort is alive and gathering 13 people together and Sora and friends need to gather 7 people to fight them. Riku is a keyblade master and Kairi and Axel are learning to use a keyblade.

This could all very easily be explained in a single cutscene, if not a few lines of dialogue. And once you've played KHIII, you're going to know all that anyway. There won't be any new revelations by playing the game, so there's really no need for them to waste time and money on a remake of a current gen game when they have many other things they should be working on. Like XV, Type-0 HD, and KHIII, or even stuff that hasn't been announced that's far more important or would just be better than a game that's easily obtainable, like XVI, Type-1, a FFVII remake, FFXII HD, a new Star Ocean game, a new Dragon Quest game, the list goes on.