Tales of Vesparia Translated?

Piggie_Pie

Tales of Vesperia was ported to the PlayStation 3 and released in Japan on September 17, 2009[13] with additional content as well as a different logo. On January 27, 2010 Namco Bandai stated that they currently have no plans to release the port outside of Japan.[14] In April 2010, Troy Baker confirmed that he had done additional voice acting work for the PlayStation 3 version of the game when he was asked about the game by a fan during a Q&A session at Sakura-Con 2010,[15] but in a response to a fan question posted on the PlayStation blog,[16] an employee of Namco stated that there were currently no plans for localization of the game.

Nothing here says that Microsoft payed anything to anyone... we can assume that they did because its not unheard of for Microsoft to do such a thing.

Also on the wikipedia it shows that the ratings for ToV were much greater on the PS3 then they were for the 360 (by about 10%)... it would be in there best interest to port it...

and the truth is there is obviously people working on a translated version... even if i have to buy a Japanese version and just patch it, its still a fun little fact and shines a little hope on getting to play it without having to touch a 360 and getting trophies for it.

• 1 year later...

Do you mean it would cost $150 just to import the game? Cause that's crazy. o_O I got it new for $55 (with just a little extra for shipping) which is exactly what a new game over here would cost me. You can also buy it used on ebay or get the Best version new for less. Or are you talking about the cost of modding a PS3 or something?

• 2 years later...

I know it is a bit old thread, but why creating another one of the same topic, right? =D

If anyone's still wondering whether to play Vesperia or not (especially since we have a guide!), do not hesitate anymore!

Because...

There won't be localized version.

99e9807bd8.png

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I know it is a bit old thread, but why creating another one of the same topic, right? =D

If anyone's still wondering whether to play Vesperia or not (especially since we have a guide!), do not hesitate anymore!

Because...

There won't be localized version.

99e9807bd8.png

Most politically incorrect response ever.

Guys, they have been through with you already. If Japan don't want it, it ain't happening. I hope we just get more tales just for PS4/PSVita/PC very soon. According to wiki in 2007, the west has only accounted to 20% of the sales for the franchise, that alone wouldn't be enough for BN. 

Edited by FlareXV