Playstation Home Shutting Down March 31, 2015

BraveNoobWorld

I think Home had potential. Had they invested some real time into it, it could've been a great chat/hangout game. I think it could've been like Sims. You can play minigames with friends, and unlock prizes, explore different game-themed areas, etc. Sadly, they were more focused on making some quick cash. So, Home became a place where people spend hundreds of dollars on their virtual avatars, only to stand around and do nothing.

• Like 4

Well the pervert to normal people ratio was too damn high so I don't blame Sony. I think it's because Sony is trying to slowly move onto next gen, let's just hope PS3 does not get the vita treatment. 

Anyway the amount of people that were duped into thinking girls were interested was sad. 

P.S: Also remember if the person is named Steve they are probably a man. 

I dread every time I want to go to the Playstation Store on the PS3, for fear I'll accidentally hit Home by mistake and dump that stupid trophy list into my profile.

Ever since I found out what Home was this has been my fear.  My roommate will watch Netflix on my PS3, and I told him day one you never click on this icon that says PS Home.

Well home had potential but Sony never really cared about the social app. I mean people have the ability to freeze your PS3 and DSSO you among other things. Also if you go to many public spaces you will see people with the flashing text ( [MOD!] ) impersonating a Sony employee of course. If They were to implement a similar service on the PS4 i think it could work if they took the time to fix a lot of things like people freezing public spaces.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2

Only ever really went into Home when there was the promotion that game out some free PS1 games. If I uninstall it from my PS3, I should be safe from the trophy list popping into my profile, right?

Home may have been better if we all had gigabit internet connections to our house and it loaded everything instantly. As it is, it was hard to navigate to find anything to do.

It will not be missed by many...

Seems Playstation Home is gonna become PlayStation Homeless, ha!
But I really don't care, I think I'm glad it's finally shutting down. And I'm also surprised PS Home lasted this long. Although for me it sucks that I have dared to add PS Home to my trophy list. *Sighs* I guess I should try and get all trophies, since they are gonna be unobtainable by next year after all. But it does suck for the people that have wasted countless amounts of money into PS Home.

• Like 1

Home was a blast in it's earlier times, I have met quite a few friends that are quite close to me to this day. This was bound to happen and coming from someone who actually enjoys Home, I'm quite "relieved" it is shutting down. It had potential like the two people have said but of course it just went into a different direction and the constant lack of support in fixing many of it's problems was just asking for it. I'm only surprised it wasn't sooner.