Playstation Home Shutting Down March 31, 2015

BraveNoobWorld

This doesn't surprise me, PS Home never interested me. I feel sorry for the people who put money into PS Home over the years. Oh well, back to the drawing board for PlayStation. Even though I didn't like It, I still got the 100% on September 7th 2014 (Took me 1 month, 3 weeks.) At least I got the 100% before March 2015.  :yay:

Goodbye PlayStation Home, I'm not sure you ever left beta.  :wave:

Edited by TheMrJRB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:^/ It's your loss if you've never really given Home a chance, kids.

The beauty of PSHome was the ability to strike up conversations with strangers from all across the region, and to hang out and goof off together. The bane of Home was mostly the behavior of some of the people. The Internet's annonymnity brings out the both the best and the worst in people, whichever we choose to let loose. Some people chose to be keyboard warriors in Home, lashing out at strangers just because they could.

A common lament runs "PSHome was supposed to be a place for hard core gamers to hang out and socialize, but instead it's full of introverted trolls and perverts. What happened?" Well, I see no contradiction. Perhaps trolling perversion is how hard core gamers socialize.

• 1 month later...

I dread every time I want to go to the Playstation Store on the PS3, for fear I'll accidentally hit Home by mistake and dump that stupid trophy list into my profile.

Which is what I just done after waking up and wanting to check the PS Store lol. Damnit

Edited by SirSmokalot002
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Home could have been cool. I mean, adventuring around 3D environments based on video games or real locations? Pretty fun idea. The problem here, I think, is that better services exist based on the same concept. Still, I'm sad to see it go since it was more PG than other services, and I don't really enjoy adult items suddenly popping up in my face in other said services. The service could have been improved, but there are other things I would rather Sony focus on. So, a double edged result I suppose. I'm just going to nab the trophies while I can.  B)

I haven't been able to get on Home for about a week due to 5027 error.  Trying to research online shows everything from they are taking servers down early to developers out for the holidays to basically nobody knows.  I am frustrated because I have about 10 more log-in days to get my gold and finish this stupid 100% that I never should have started.  Does anyone know anything concrete about whether I'll be able to get on again?

I haven't been able to get on Home for about a week due to 5027 error.  Trying to research online shows everything from they are taking servers down early to developers out for the holidays to basically nobody knows.  I am frustrated because I have about 10 more log-in days to get my gold and finish this stupid 100% that I never should have started.  Does anyone know anything concrete about whether I'll be able to get on again?

Have you tried deleting & re installing it? I don't know if it will help & you might have to restart the 50 days? Soo if you are willing to sign in another 50 days then I would consider deleting & re installing. But it's up to you to take the risk. ;)

Edited by MrToboThe1st
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried deleting & re installing it? I don't know if it will help & you might have to restart the 50 days? Soo if you are willing to sign in another 50 days then I would consider deleting & re installing. But it's up to you to take the risk. ;)

I couldn't get in too, i deleted and reinstalled the game and it worked, i even lost all my save data 15 days before and i was worried to restart the 50 days login.. but it didn't and i got the 50 days trophy a week ago :)

• Like 1