Playstation Home Shutting Down March 31, 2015

BraveNoobWorld

The PlayStation Home XMB icon will be removed soon. If anyone is currently after the 50 days trophy, you may want to buy the PlayStation Home game from the PlayStation Store.

Via Tempest_Fire (PlayStation Community Manager)

Hopping in to confirm that this is available on the store as of today (LINK). Soon the downloader will be removed from the XMB, and if you want/need to delete and reinstall, this will be how you'll do it. Feel free to "purchase" the free app now, and it will remain in your download list if you need it between now and the end of March.

And no, this will not magically allow you to play Home after the service sunsets. That process will be complete and final at the end of March.

sQvhYux.png

Edited by HeySumbode

So happy I recently got the 100% on this. I had synced the trophy list to my profile by accident whilst trying to access the PS Store. I could have hidden the 0% list at the time, but knowing I could achieve 100% on it before shutdown bugged me enough to do it.

Good luck to anyone going for the 50 day trophy.

• Like 1

So happy I recently got the 100% on this. I had synced the trophy list to my profile by accident whilst trying to access the PS Store. I could have hidden the 0% list at the time, but knowing I could achieve 100% on it before shutdown bugged me enough to do it.

Good luck to anyone going for the 50 day trophy.

Yes it's a pain to everyone who don't give a damn about PS Home, for the 50 days trophy

It might be hard to remember, but this this came out in the social app console hype era in 2008, after MS and Sony being stunned by the huge success of the Wii and just had to copy something of it.

Ah, I remember the hype in those days.

It never came out of beta.

When I think about it, the similarities to Dust 514 are striking.

The PlayStation Home XMB icon will be removed soon. If anyone is currently after the 50 days trophy, you may want to buy the PlayStation Home game from the PlayStation Store.

Via Tempest_Fire (PlayStation Community Manager)

sQvhYux.png

So they are already trying to hide it away... Good in a way, so not any poor bastard accidentally pushing the PS Home button cannot achieve the 50 day trophy and thus 100%.

I am confused as to why is it now available to download from the PSN store, is it not already installed and why now?

See above. And no, the "app" is not installed from the beginning, it is just an icon that downloads and installs PS Home and and then it becomes the app/game/program/whatever itself. If you don't have downloaded and installed it already that possibility will disappear soon. Like in the coming days.

What counts as a day for playstation home? Is when it passes 12 am or not?

I read in another thread that a 24 hour cycle starts/ends at 3am UTC.

It might be hard to remember, but this this came out in the social app console hype era in 2008, after MS and Sony being stunned by the huge success of the Wii and just had to copy something of it.

So they are already trying to hide it away... Good in a way, so not any poor bastard accidentally pushing the PS Home button cannot achieve the 50 day trophy and thus 100%.

See above. And no, the "app" is not installed from the beginning, it is just an icon that downloads and installs PS Home and and then it becomes the app/game/program/whatever itself. If you don't have downloaded and installed it already that possibility will disappear soon. Like in the coming days.

Ah I see, thank you for the information Guenter_G, will be downloading it as I do help out people try to achieve their 100% from time to time. Hope I am able still through this download.

This reminds me I still need to get the Welcome Guest trophy. But that probably won't happen anyway.

There is a huge event/gaming session ongoing where people hook up to get it. If you don't find any interesting, drop me a message and I'll do it, but I'm kinda busy, so you might have to wait some days.

Never thought i'd see that in a sentence.

Edited by GoldenWolfHunter
  • Like 1

I got the 50 day trophy now, and the only thing that sucks more than this boring grind, is the trophy itself

Since the game doesn't show a count, and I'm not so much a writer, I didn't know exactly which day would be the big day.

The last 4 days I was wearing my fancy party-outfit (with the funny hat, you know) and I prepared balloons and cake! Only to find out that the trophy hadn't been unlocked for another day!!

This built up some pressure.

I thought that unlocking this trophy would give me and my family a big moment of joy and happiness for at least until the next month. So when I finally got it, it wasn't at all like that!

That's why I advise you not to get this trophy, but use these moments to eat a banana every day!!

remember: free advise is good advise

I miss the days when Home was fun. I loved hunting for fossils and playing the games to try to get achievements. They shouldn't have taken the achievement/challenge setup away from EU players before shutting the whole thing down - that was a mistake.

As has been mentioned before, if you use a female avatar in Home, harassment is far from unusual. I actually *am* female and half the time I ended up using a male avatar just to avoid being hit on and having them be completely rude and/or walk away without a word in the midst of an otherwise "friendly chat" when they find out I have a girlfriend.

Too damn many male-avatar users on Home seemed to start such seemingly-friendly chats just to hit on female-avatar users - I'm not the only one who had that problem, according to several of my friends on there, even guys who occasionally used female avis.

Seriously though, I had to get rid of eight different guys in one night at one point, and two of them followed me (separately!) all over Home for a solid hour; one of them even kept messaging me once I'd gone into one of my private apartments to get rid of him, before I finally blocked and ignored him. (I try not to do too much of that if I can help it, but ye gods that one was persistent.) That particular aspect of Home is one I won't miss - but I *will* miss the games and the clubhouse capability, I was a member of a very friendly and active biker group on there.

Oh, if anyone wants to boost, I have 100% but I'm happy to help. (Sorry for the double post. Can't seem to edit - I don't know if that's my newbie status on the site or the fact I'm using it from a mobile browser. Could be either.)

• Like 3

To anyone wondering, it's too late to start going for the trophies now and has been for about 10 days now.

Thanks for the info, I just added you. I helped some people myself, but none helped back.

Hey there! I have all trophies but just add me and I would invite you anytime we're both online.

Of course, for the 50 days trophy, but anything else is still fair game. Even 75% would be better than 20% or something like, would it not? (I admit it would bug me, since I have OCD and like round numbers better, but most people do *not* have it and could probably deal without that. ;))

disinterest

I miss the days when Home was fun. I loved hunting for fossils and playing the games to try to get achievements. They shouldn't have taken the achievement/challenge setup away from EU players before shutting the whole thing down - that was a mistake.

As has been mentioned before, if you use a female avatar in Home, harassment is far from unusual. I actually *am* female and half the time I ended up using a male avatar just to avoid being hit on and having them be completely rude and/or walk away without a word in the midst of an otherwise "friendly chat" when they find out I have a girlfriend.

Too damn many male-avatar users on Home seemed to start such seemingly-friendly chats just to hit on female-avatar users - I'm not the only one who had that problem, according to several of my friends on there, even guys who occasionally used female avis.

Seriously though, I had to get rid of eight different guys in one night at one point, and two of them followed me (separately!) all over Home for a solid hour; one of them even kept messaging me once I'd gone into one of my private apartments to get rid of him, before I finally blocked and ignored him. (I try not to do too much of that if I can help it, but ye gods that one was persistent.) That particular aspect of Home is one I won't miss - but I *will* miss the games and the clubhouse capability, I was a member of a very friendly and active biker group on there.
Oh, if anyone wants to boost, I have 100% but I'm happy to help. (Sorry for the double post. Can't seem to edit - I don't know if that's my newbie status on the site or the fact I'm using it from a mobile browser. Could be either.)

I'm actually a bit surprised of how descent and sometimes even open-hearted the discussions were. I had heard so much dystopia about it, so I expected it do be dull crap. Never hanged out in Home, only used because you could win stuff to Dust 514 in its lounge (The event horizon), and then I got hooked on the minigame in there and returned solely for that. One day trophies were added... Shortly after, I lost interest in the minigame, after 2 years. Learning that Home was about to shut down, I started working on the trophies a little over a month ago, and thought I could hang around a bit while at it.

I was also surprised by how many females hanged out there. I thought, even without the dystopia, that they would be instant trollbait and scared away. Not entirely it seemed though.

I am personally very interested in the matter. I have read so many times during the past few years how female gamers have grown in numbers, and are now as many as the male. And not just on smartphones/tablets, but also on "real" gaming platforms. But I don't see them.

I have grown up and with and spent almost my entire gaming life being met with a robust disinterest from females towards gaming. I have met a few who liked it of course, but none of them were "my" friends or acquaintances.

I have for the most time been welcoming and invited female friends from acquaintances to close ones to play both a little and a little more, but after many brave years of undoubtedly "No", with many many occasions with a note of "dude, I'ma girl, whaddaya expect?" and some even outright laughing, I gave up and stopped. And it's not like me and my friends just pushed a certain game or genre, or was harsh in any way, more the other way around, tried to encourage and be easy. Neither have I met any douchebag who have said girls shouldn't play or girls sucks or anything like that, so the stories about that that have surfaced recent years horrific. So I don't really understand it from my point of view. I have grown to accept it as an indisputable fact that girls don't play video games. 

And that is sad and bothers me, because one of my biggest interests becomes some kind of dude show, like womens disbanded moment, half secret male to male hobby and community, with the potential of being a dickwad contest. I don't like dickwads. I strive after some kind of equality in most senses and areas,

So a more gender balanced community is terrific! But I still wonder where they are hiding among the numbers. Some are in Home apparently. Actually met a few over Borderlands recently, which I didn't expect. Still get totally astonished because of my background, but I pretend like nothing, don't wanna make a thing out of it. Problem is, everyone thinks one is hitting on them as soon as one gives them a word, because of all the douchebags out there. I just wanna hang out really, but no chances given.

Long off topic, and gawd I sound nuts, but I wanted to vent my thoughts ^_^

Thanks for the info, I just added you. I helped some people myself, but none helped back.

Just drop me a message and we'll agree with a time to get it done, unless you already got it.

Btw, there is an online challenge in Ecolibrium going on now :) They didn't announce it, so if you didn't check manually there was no way to know. I got to know by e-mailing Stormbasic a few weeks before.

• Like 1

disinterest

I'm actually a bit surprised of how descent and sometimes even open-hearted the discussions were. I had heard so much dystopia about it, so I expected it do be dull crap. Never hanged out in Home, only used because you could win stuff to Dust 514 in its lounge (The event horizon), and then I got hooked on the minigame in there and returned solely for that. One day trophies were added... Shortly after, I lost interest in the minigame, after 2 years. Learning that Home was about to shut down, I started working on the trophies a little over a month ago, and thought I could hang around a bit while at it.

I was also surprised by how many females hanged out there. I thought, even without the dystopia, that they would be instant trollbait and scared away. Not entirely it seemed though.

I am personally very interested in the matter. I have read so many times during the past few years how female gamers have grown in numbers, and are now as many as the male. And not just on smartphones/tablets, but also on "real" gaming platforms. But I don't see them.

I have grown up and with and spent almost my entire gaming life being met with a robust disinterest from females towards gaming. I have met a few who liked it of course, but none of them were "my" friends or acquaintances.

I have for the most time been welcoming and invited female friends from acquaintances to close ones to play both a little and a little more, but after many brave years of undoubtedly "No", with many many occasions with a note of "dude, I'ma girl, whaddaya expect?" and some even outright laughing, I gave up and stopped. And it's not like me and my friends just pushed a certain game or genre, or was harsh in any way, more the other way around, tried to encourage and be easy. Neither have I met any douchebag who have said girls shouldn't play or girls sucks or anything like that, so the stories about that that have surfaced recent years horrific. So I don't really understand it from my point of view. I have grown to accept it as an indisputable fact that girls don't play video games. 

And that is sad and bothers me, because one of my biggest interests becomes some kind of dude show, like womens disbanded moment, half secret male to male hobby and community, with the potential of being a dickwad contest. I don't like dickwads. I strive after some kind of equality in most senses and areas,

So a more gender balanced community is terrific! But I still wonder where they are hiding among the numbers. Some are in Home apparently. Actually met a few over Borderlands recently, which I didn't expect. Still get totally astonished because of my background, but I pretend like nothing, don't wanna make a thing out of it. Problem is, everyone thinks one is hitting on them as soon as one gives them a word, because of all the douchebags out there. I just wanna hang out really, but no chances given.

Long off topic, and gawd I sound nuts, but I wanted to vent my thoughts ^_^

Just drop me a message and we'll agree with a time to get it done, unless you already got it.

Btw, there is an online challenge in Ecolibrium going on now :) They didn't announce it, so if you didn't check manually there was no way to know. I got to know by e-mailing Stormbasic a few weeks before.

Yeah, I definitely should try my hand at the Ecolibrium Online Challenge again. But I Always forget about it until it's too late to still join. But my biggest problem is the Collector Trophy, I still didn't get it and I don't know why.  :S  I Googled to see if the trophy is glitched but didn't find any information about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so much that playstation home closes March 31 but not least April 4 to get the trophy 50 days of connection, even though I logged several times online at home before that could put the trophies. I hope you count those links.