What is this game like?

The Chosen Undead

I'm considering picking this up, as I have recently become infatuated with racing games, and I had a couple questions:

- What's the game data size for this game? If I get it it'll be on disc, and my HDD is almost full.

- How many patches are there/how much space do they need? Same concern as above.

- How much precision does the game demand from the player? (for an example, I would consider DiRT 3 a very demanding game)

- What is the sense of speed in GT6? Is it on the high end like NFS, or on the low end, like GT5?(I watched videos of GT5 and was unbelievably bored by the slow-moving races).

- (roughly) how many unique races are there? This isn't really a concern of mine, I'd lust like to know.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Its quite large for your hard drive. The patches are large and take quite some time to download.

The game is easy, much easier than GT5, and the speed is just like GT5, maybe faster, but the cornering feels a little different.

There are not that many unique races, you will find yourself using the same cars over and over again. GT5 had more unique and fun race events.

- What's the game data size for this game? If I get it it'll be on disc, and my HDD is almost full.

you can enable "background installing". It install data every time you go to new race, view new car etc. it speeds up loading times a lot but require a lot of hdd space. my install data is over 15GB atm

- How many patches are there/how much space do they need? Same concern as above

i cant tell you exactly but its huge. there is patch 1.12 already.

- How much precision does the game demand from the player? (for an example, I would consider DiRT 3 a very demanding game)

its very flexible. you can enable/change many helps. so it can be kinda hard or  easy

What is the sense of speed in GT6? Is it on the high end like NFS, or on the low end, like GT5?(I watched videos of GT5 and was unbelievably bored by the slow-moving races).

Its better then gt5. Its little faster but most important is driving physics. It is simply great. 1000 better then gt5

- (roughly) how many unique races are there? This isn't really a concern of mine, I'd lust like to know.

there is a lot of tracks and a lot of track variants and a lot of races and a lot of cars. there is a lot of everything. you wont be bored.

if you are looking for good sim-like racer there is no better game for ps3

for me gt6  is almost 10/10 (almost couse it always can be better)

Thanks for all the answers! :D

A couple notes I might add:

- By my HDD being 'Almost full', I mean I have ~22GB open right now.

- This won't be a problem, however, as I'm planning to complete and delete inFAMOUS: FoB, Hohokum, and LBP Karting before I get this, which will free up another 15 or so.

- However, I'm also picking up BURNOUT: Paradise and NFS: Rivals soon, so it might be a problem.

As for the content, it sounds more than exciting and fast enough for me. Thanks again for the info!

Thanks for all the answers! :D

A couple notes I might add:

- By my HDD being 'Almost full', I mean I have ~22GB open right now.

- This won't be a problem, however, as I'm planning to complete and delete inFAMOUS: FoB, Hohokum, and LBP Karting before I get this, which will free up another 15 or so.

- However, I'm also picking up BURNOUT: Paradise and NFS: Rivals soon, so it might be a problem.

As for the content, it sounds more than exciting and fast enough for me. Thanks again for the info!

Just wanted to warn you that Burnout Paradise has about ~2.5-3GB or so in patches. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

• 9 months later...