Do people here actually play games without thinking about Trophies?

JONNY-1992-_-

I think it's hard to ignore trophies.

If you would turn of any notifications while playing, you admit they somehow get to you.

It depends on what you take in account when you say "thinking about trophies".

Some people will play entire games with a trophy guide next to them, they will grind no matter what.

Some people play a game first and think about what's realistic to achieve, will they grind or not.

Some people buy games that have high chance of a 100% with or without platinum

Some people just go "ow I got a trophy, no idea how I did this"

I try to ignore trophies a bit.

When you buy Aab Animals, you can't give an excuse other then just wanting trophies.

And that's not a good sign.

If you play easy free to play game, alright.

If you start paying money for games with easy trophies, you are not paying for a real entertaining game, but for unreal trophies (YEAH I SAID IT :P )

• Like 1

I agree with what Parker said. If a game is good then I play it, and if it isn't, I don't even waste my time. I have no interest in Aabs Animals, Sound Shapes, or PS Home. That being said, I always think about trophies. Even when I play a game on a different console like Mega Man X on the Super Nintendo. I'll finish the game and think "Damn, I would totally have 100%'d that game if it was on PS3."

Normally i would have just complete the game once and never play again. but trophies makes me play the game more then just completing it once. But yhea i just buy any game that looks fun to me i sometimes do look at the trophy list before buying it just to look what i can expect but it doesnt really makes the decision if i buy that game or not.

• Like 2

Trophies make games worth more. If you play Final Fantasy X remastered for 200 hours because you like to get his platinum means that you have a reason to get the maximum of the game and the price you paid for it. Trophies are a great inovation because of this. People how buy Hanna montana and Terminator Salvation just for the trophies they dont care about games anyway. They just dont know what to do with their time and money. And they have the right to do that no matter how stupid it is.

I think that hannah montana and terminator part is not true. I also got both of em.. and yes i did buy them for the trophies but that doesnt mean i wont enjoy them. I am that type of guy that thinks you cant judge a game without even playing it. I actually had quite some fun in hannah montana and terminator salvation wasnt that bad either apart from some glitches and annoying enemies, but really i've seen worse games then this. Just because someone else says its a shitty game doesnt mean you think the same way.

• Like 2

The majority of people here still enjoy the games even while trophy hunting. They're there to help you get the most out of the game and have something to show off, so it's hard not to go after them. For me, I get too absorbed in the games to pay attention, most of the time. Akiba's Trip is a good example. I got the 200 combo trophy while doing a story battle and happened to look at my meter when it was over 160, so I rolled with it. I will look at them after buying the game, but having a completed game on my profile isn't as important to me as simply enjoying myself. I love my shit profile.

• Like 3

I think that hannah montana and terminator part is not true. I also got both of em.. and yes i did buy them for the trophies but that doesnt mean i wont enjoy them. I am that type of guy that thinks you cant judge a game without even playing it. I actually had quite some fun in hannah montana and terminator salvation wasnt that bad either apart from some glitches and annoying enemies, but really i've seen worse games then this. Just because someone else says its a shitty game doesnt mean you think the same way.

Like i said people who do this have the right to do so. And if they even get enjoyment from those objectivily bad games then no one can blame them for it. Different people like different things. This is just how it is in life :-) .

• Like 1

Does contributing 2% of the cost of the game to the charity of Headquarters for the Relief of Animals in Emergencies in Fukushima, Japan not count as a good enough excuse? So many people seem to conveniently forget about that fact when they talk about easy trophy games.

And lots of peopel dont even know about, it like me. Thats really cool if its true. I may buy Aabs tomorrow.

• Like 1

That's the first thing I check is the trophies.. are they still obtainable? 

If not then I don't buy the game. 

I don't buy incomplete products, trophies for me complete the games, they add another dimension. 

Back in the day I'd complete a game once and be like, well that's it, time to go trade it in. 

Now it's well that playthrough is done, lets go spend another 40 hours finishing the trophies.. I get more playtime out of a game when I consider and play for  the trophies. 

I get more value for money thanks to the trophies being there. 

Also it's something everyone can see, if completing a game on hard is hard and my friends can't do it.. then I go ahead and do it, I tell them and show them, just what a superior human being I really am. 

So really, trophies for me, are a really helpful way to show the puny human's around me, just how inferior at life they really are. 

Bragging rights, more value for money, fun (atleast for me) and something to collect for the hell of it. 

I absolutely consider trophies, a lot of people here don't though.

• Like 4