Do people here actually play games without thinking about Trophies?

JONNY-1992-_-

Even though I do care about trophies I don't (usually) go out of my way and get games just for the sake of trophies, and I will certainly not skip on a good game just because the trophy list is too hard or not possible to achieve due to mp being down, If it's hard all the better, when I get 100% everyone will see that I actually finished a hard game, if it's not possible to achieve that's what my second account is for.

I like trophies, not just for the popping sound but also for the sense of acomplishment, sometimes it might not be very rewarding if you have to do something you don't like to get them but other times it really is rewarding, like yesterday when I stuck it to the challenge of the gods in God of War (frustrating yes but after you're done you're like F U, I managed to pass your extremely unfair challenges).

If you don't like trophies it's all good, we're all gamers here and I don't judge people for the games they play or the amount of trophies they have.  :)

• Like 2

People should be able yo play games based on whatever criteria they choose. If they do it for the trophies, good for them, if they don't care, thats ok too. Honestly, criticizing one side or the other is pointless. As long as everybody is having fun, I couldn't care less for the games people choose to buy/play.

• Like 4

sometimes. i got portal 2 because it looked fun, not because the trophies look possible. i got dynasty warriors 7 because i wanted a game to go trophy hunting in, not because i wanted to play a dynasty warriors game. but i have never and will never play a game i don't like just for trophies. i just happen to like dynasty warriors.

Absolutely. Look at my completion rate, it is at something like 24/25% because I couldn't care less about trophies. I make my decision to purchase games based off whether or not I think I'll enjoy the gameplay, trophies never enter my mind. 

That being said, some people get more enjoyment out of popping trophies than they do from the games themselves. That isn't a bad thing at all, some people just like different things and there is no reason to look down on someone (not saying you are, OP) just because they enjoy video games in a different way than you do. 

Parker

Then how come you have some platniums? Just wondering if you really enjoy the games then you hunt down the platniums?

Then how come you have some platniums? Just wondering if you really enjoy the games then you hunt down the platniums?

Most, if not all my platinums come from normal play. I can't think of one (I honestly don't even know how many I have) that I had to go out of my way and do something that I didn't enjoy to earn the platinum. If I did, however, it is because I enjoyed the game so much that I wanted it to be shown on my profile here. But in general I have far too many games to play to bother with that.  :lol:

Parker

Most, if not all my platinums come from normal play. I can't think of one (I honestly don't even know how many I have) that I had to go out of my way and do something that I didn't enjoy to earn the platinum. If I did, however, it is because I enjoyed the game so much that I wanted it to be shown on my profile here. But in general I have far too many games to play to bother with that.  :lol: Ok then :). I like your Second son platnium

Parker

I ALWAYS look at a game's trophy list before playing it, for the sole reason that, there may be missable trophies or things I need to watch out for (NFS: Shift 1, I'm looking at you) before I start playing. The difficulty/online of a platinum will never be a factor on whether I buy a game or not, and if there's a game I want to play but the plat is unobtainable, I'll play it on another account because I don't want a game on my list that I can't plat.  However, I only buy games that I know/think I'm going to enjoy. I'm not going to waste my time/money and a ridiculous Disney game to get trophies. 

• Like 1

I only buy games I know I'll enjoy or at least get amusement out of. I don't even think once about trophies when buying a game. Heck, one of my favorite PS3 games is Folklore and that has no trophies at all. It's also the only game I bought twice, just because I enjoyed it so much.

That said, trophies are usually something I don't typically go after. Ever since I started gaming, I had this habit of 100%-ing all my games on every save slot available. It just so happens that most, if not all, trophies can be achieved by doing so. If there are any trophies that need special requirements, I'll only go out of my way to do them if I really like the game, it's not very difficult to do, or don't ever want a reason to come back to the game. I will admit, however, that after I get every trophy in a game, I find it extremely difficult to want to return to it. When there wasn't any trophies back then, I could delete a 100% save file and redo it. With trophies, you can't delete your progress, so once it's done it's permanently done for me.

Also, if I only cared about trophies, I wouldn't have bought a 3DS and a Wii U. Although, my Wii U is severely lacking in titles. I would add that my completion rate is a testament to how nonchalant I'm usually with trophies, but apparently, it's actually not terrible.

Edited by godzillaboy100

How the f**k did I get pulled into this? Who cares? I, like a few others on here, don't care about %. I'd certainly like it higher, but that because I have a lot of games I want to complete the campaigns in.

To be honest i just used you as a example that's why. Not trying to offend you or anything Even though that's a bad completion