Do people here actually play games without thinking about Trophies?

JONNY-1992-_-

To be honest i just used you as a example that's why. Not trying to offend you or anything Even though that's a bad completion

Dante is either a 12 year old kid, a forum troll, or both.

OT:  I played for the first 3 years of my ps3 life without caring a bit about trophies.  I slowly got more and more involved in platinum hunting (don't really care about 100% and almost never buy DLC) but I got to the point where I realized the experience was losing something.  My wife made a comment that I never just sit down and play anymore.  I always have my phone, or a printed checklist or something while I play and I realized that my gaming style had changed completely in the last year or so.  I never got to the point where I specifically bought an easy/fast game just for trophies but I did go back and finish off games that I had previously played and hadn't really planned to go back to.  I've decided recently to take a step back again and just play for the fun of it.  I still take a look at the trophy summary for each game, but I'm not looking at trophy descriptions or walk-throughs (unless I actually get stuck working through the game)  If I enjoy a game I'll keep playing it, if I don't like it I'll stop, end of story. 

I recently bought FF X/X-2 because I had them both on PS2 and my wife and I must have played through them around 10 times or so.  These games I will never plat/100% because I love them too much.  Grinding out 100+ hours of boredom on a game that can be finished in around 30 will do nothing but irritate me and drive me away from a game that I love.  I went for the platinum in FFXIII, which I actually enjoyed and it really took a lot of the fun out of that game.

• Like 3

Dante is either a 12 year old kid, a forum troll, or both. Nope. Altough I'm sorry to floor killer74. .

OT:  I played for the first 3 years of my ps3 life without caring a bit about trophies.  I slowly got more and more involved in platinum hunting (don't really care about 100% and almost never buy DLC) but I got to the point where I realized the experience was losing something.  My wife made a comment that I never just sit down and play anymore.  I always have my phone, or a printed checklist or something while I play and I realized that my gaming style had changed completely in the last year or so.  I never got to the point where I specifically bought an easy/fast game just for trophies but I did go back and finish off games that I had previously played and hadn't really planned to go back to.  I've decided recently to take a step back again and just play for the fun of it.  I still take a look at the trophy summary for each game, but I'm not looking at trophy descriptions or walk-throughs (unless I actually get stuck working through the game)  If I enjoy a game I'll keep playing it, if I don't like it I'll stop, end of story. 

I recently bought FF X/X-2 because I had them both on PS2 and my wife and I must have played through them around 10 times or so.  These games I will never plat/100% because I love them too much.  Grinding out 100+ hours of boredom on a game that can be finished in around 30 will do nothing but irritate me and drive me away from a game that I love.  I went for the platinum in FFXIII, which I actually enjoyed and it really took a lot of the fun out of that game.

well... no, technically, but not 100%... well... I still buy and play game just to enjoy it even though I know I won't be able to plat it or even it doesn't have a trophy.... majority of my decision of playing the game is it's gameplay, story and feedback from other players... let's just say trophy is around 20%... 

Edited by jeieem

I'm going with both, since he posted "Best trophy hunter ever" on my profile. Geez Kid, I'm sorry I have a career and a household to maintain. I love to game when I have a chance, though I do admit I buy too many games....lol. Lots of games + little time + low percentage. I also play on PC and 360...so I don't just focus on "trophy hunting"

• Like 1

Im thinking of getting rocksmith 2014 edition for the ps4 when it releases and theres no way I'll be skilled enough to get that plat but im still gonna buy it because I wanna try it

I got a guitar for Christmas 12 years ago, learned some chords and a few song intros over the college summer break, and then didn't touch it for years.  I occasionally pick it up and mess with it for 2-3 weeks before getting bored/frustrated trying to learn it myself.  I'm thinking Rocksmith might be the way to go to actually learn the dang thing.

I got a guitar for Christmas 12 years ago, learned some chords and a few song intros over the college summer break, and then didn't touch it for years.  I occasionally pick it up and mess with it for 2-3 weeks before getting bored/frustrated trying to learn it myself.  I'm thinking Rocksmith might be the way to go to actually learn the dang thing.

Yeah im gonna give it a shot.

If the game doesn't have trophies, I won't get it.

Besides that, I will play any game I can get my hands on. I have limited resources to get games, so I play anything and everything I can.

After I get a new game, I might look over a trophy guide to see what I'm in for and I do scan the trophy list thoroughly before starting, and then a little after when I can understand it better. I always want to get the trophies as fast as possible, so I try to get them when they first come available to me. Example: In Borderlands 2 you had to open a box in Fyrestone to get a trophy. I was prepared for this and got it as soon as the area became available to me.

With that, there are some games I have that I will probably never platinum. *Cough any first person multiplayer shooter*. But, that doesn't mean I don't play them. I like to experience all types of games.

I like to enjoy a game first and save a second play thru for trophies (if I like it enough the first time around)

The only reason my % is so high is because I beat the story mode in all my games... That's like 50% of trophies for a lot of games.

This. But I usually check for missables first.

• Like 1

Yes and No. Most of the time I do check the game's trophy list and its difficulty first before playing or buying. If I find the game to be interesting, affordable and has what seems to be easy trophies, I'll definitely buy it. Since I'm on a tight budget now I'm just gonna stick to playing PS PLUS freebies lol.That doesn't stop me from buying the harder games example Metal Gear Rising and Shift 2 Unleashed. I bought these because I enjoy playing the series eventhough the platinums are difficult to get.

I like it if a game has trophies, but that doesn't really mean that I'll only play games with them.  I've got a bunch of PS3 games with no trophies- Devil May Cry 4, Folklore, and Heavenly Sword included in them- and still don't care that they never put a list of trophies up for them (even if some things in them maybe were hard enough to merit it *mutter*)- but the point is if it's a good enough game you shouldn't care if there's nothing there to achieve, short of winning the game.

Trophies....I'll either earn them as I go randomly, or if I really liked the game will go back and do it again, since I liked it so much...

• Like 1

Yes I do....Always play for fun never for trophies...yes I do go after trophies and try to get all of them in my games but trophies won't ever make a difference for me to play or not a game....if plat is impossible then so be it....I won't be stupid enough to ignore a good game just because the plat is unobtainable.What I like about trophies is that they add extra life in games....that's why I go after them.

Play a game only to see the trophies pop or even worse,not play a game just because you can't get the plat or it does not have trophies....shameful beyond the stratosphere.Trophy whores ain't true gamers.

• Like 2

I've been looking at these forums for a while now and it's alright for people to like achieving Trophies however I'm surprised some people actually make a decisions on purchasing a game based on it's Trophies.

Well, this is a forum dedicated mainy to trophy hunting, so it's quite obvious many people play like that. You don't go to an aviation forum and wonder how so many people are interested in aviation, do you?

Does contributing 2% of the cost of the game to the charity of Headquarters for the Relief of Animals in Emergencies in Fukushima, Japan not count as a good enough excuse? So many people seem to conveniently forget about that fact when they talk about easy trophy games.

Not really. If you really want to donate, why not donate 100% of the game price to the cause? Makes much more sense.

i do... im a gamer not a 'hunter' so i'll play on any game that is fun and interestin to me

i have emulators on my mobile phone for all the systems/games i've owned through the years so when im not too busy i'll run some of them...

when i do, i like to reminisce about when gamin was just gamin and didn't have so many whores braggin in forums over how many ultra rare games they've boosted their way through...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

Not really. If you really want to donate, why not donate 100% of the game price to the cause? Makes much more sense.

You're right, it does make more sense to donate 100% of the cost. The point I was making was that you cannot state that the only reason to buy the game is for the easy trophies.

Does contributing 2% of the cost of the game to the charity of Headquarters for the Relief of Animals in Emergencies in Fukushima, Japan not count as a good enough excuse? So many people seem to conveniently forget about that fact when they talk about easy trophy games.

That might be true, but it makes no sense.

The game can be purchased for 5$ (last I checked), so only 0,02$ would be given to charity.

So assume someone really cares about the cause of the charity, they would be smarter to donate the 5$ directly.

Unless they really want to have that game too or are a bit stupid.

But have you "played" that game?

No serious gamer will look at that game and think it's worth the price.

No honest review website will give this game a decent rating, because many don't even consider it to be a game.

So if it's not worth the price and it's smarter to support the cause by funding directly, why would anyone buy the game to begin with?

There might be a few people who really thought donating 0,02$ was the smart thing and didn't think about throwing away 4;98$.

But I think they were rather few.

I sometimes prefer just finishing the game not worrying about the platinum. Sure you can grind for it, but based on my experience, grinding isn't fun. Having to go through each arena stage or planet multiple times just to get your weapons upgraded in Ratchet and Clank : Into the Nexus gets boring fast.

I love to Play many diffrent games. It is like collecting games. ^^ Is a game funny in my opinion i collect Trophies . But first playthrough i enjoy the Story and the game (sometimes i look for missibles ^^) .

Sometimes i play a game just for the trophies because it gives me a good Feeling to get Trophies. Some People dont understand that this Feeling is a part of a Hobby . If you love the "bling" of getting a trophy why is it bad?

And every day after a few Trophies i look into the Leaderboard to see my Country rank getting better . This is an other good Feeling .

There was a Time befor Trophies were a part of the game . But i always tried to 100% that games i enjoyed (unlocking every Thing an so on) .

If i have a bad privat day or week i Need a good Feeling , so i buy a game with quick trophies (lik aab). am i a bad Person because of that? i dont think so. It is my Hobby and i do this Hobby that way i feel best :).

Aaaaand sorry for my bad english ^^ i hope it is clear what i mean.