What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

My December - Linkin Park

Linkin Park was one of the first bands that I really listened to, I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora a lot. I'd probably rank them just after Gorillaz in terms of my favorite bands. Although I'm not as fond of their later work, I did enjoy them still. Rest in peace, Chester. You definitely made Linkin Park amazing. 

Edited by Stuart Pot
  • Like 4

Here is the last performance by Chester Bennington (singing "One More Light" up next to the audience) during Linkin Park's show in Birmingham, United Kingdom earlier this month. Absolutely haunting listening to this now considering the tragedy that happened yesterday. RIP.

• Like 1

Gorillaz- Gorillaz (Entire self-titled album)

This is the best Gorillaz album ever made, in my opinion. I know many people vastly prefer Demon Days or even Plastic Beach for some reason. (Really weird considering how people weren't that fond of Plastic Beach when it came out, yet they now claim it's the best. :huh: It's an okay album, but I find it hard to believe it surpasses the first two albums.) I prefer self-titled as it was far more experimental, has lots of great songs ranging from stuff such as Sound Check, Man Research, Rock the House, Slow Country, Starshine, and etc., and had the best genres that Gorillaz ever worked with. (Demon Days was good, no doubt, but it felt sort of similar in terms of the genres and there were a few songs such as All Alone that I really couldn't get into.) Shame how it's pretty underrated and people tend to classify it towards the end in terms of the best Gorillaz albums. Also, still the only Gorillaz album that I'd deem as perfect and label every song as amazing to listen to. Ah well, enough of my ranting, you get the point. :) 

Edited by Stuart Pot
  • Like 2