What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

Gorillaz- 19-2000

I always liked this song, even if I felt it was rather odd on the self-titled album since there aren't exactly a lot of cheerful tracks on it. (Only other ones besides this are Re-Hash, Rock the House, and Slow Country. Maybe the remixes as well. So, yeah, not exactly abundant in positive and cheery sounding songs.) There's no deep message or any message at all really to this one, it feels more like Damon just wanted to add some positive and happy sounding songs to balance out the unsettling songs from the self-titled album. I don't mind though, it just helps add diversity to the sound of the album. :) 

Gorillaz- Punk (Fan Made Video)

My god, this is one of the most atrocious Gorillaz fan made music videos out there. Shame as there are a few really amazing ones such as Latin Simone or Let Me Out, but they get overshadowed by stuff like this. Anyways, I've always liked Punk, but I'm not sure if I like it to the extent of becoming a single and getting a music video. (It's essentially a parody of punk music since I hear that one of the genres the self-titled was labeled as was punk. The song is basically about 2D being pissed since he couldn't find the key to get into Kong Studios and Murdoc decided to take advantage by recording his ranting. It lasted over an hour, but Murdoc cut it down to 2 minutes. I love Rise of the Ogre's description for every song, even if some of them like this one really don't have a meaning such as this one.) The animation for this is so unintentionally hilarious as well. Russel looks like he beats his own kids and looks like an abusive father (Looks like he truly had a RAEL appetite as indicated by his weight increase. The wife-beater shirt doesn't help as well.), 2D looks more like he'd belong in a children's coloring book, and Noodle just looks extremely weird. Murdoc's probably the only one that looks semi-normal in a sense. I will say one thing though, this is a it's so bad, yet it's hilarious to take note of its flaws. xD 

Edited by Stuart Pot
  • Like 1