What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

On 2021-03-05 at 6:50 PM, Deep_Space_5D said:

YOB is a great band, and deliver killer performances live too. Mike Scheidt’s vocals are insane live.

Marrow is a beautiful song. Their next album Our Raw Heart has a song called “Beauty In Falling Leaves” that many fans called that album’s Marrow. I think Marrow is better personally but both are beautiful songs.

As far as other songs that are epic in scope, I guess it’s a matter of personal opinion but I’ll list a couple stuff that I feel takes me on a journey while listening:                                            

Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight

Agalloch - In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion

Elder - Legend

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts...but Nothing Is Lost (full album)

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions man! I look forward to checking all these out while I’m doing some trophy mop up! The only band on there I’m familiar with is Shpongle, who I’ve been listening to since my days as a teenaged psychonaut. ? Nothing Lasts is a fantastic album, but my favourite from them is definitely Tales of the Inexpressible. That opening one-two punch of Dorset Perception + Star Shpongled Banner is incredible.

I’d love to see a band like YOB live sometime too. I haven’t been to too many metal shows, but those I have seen have been way more on the extreme end (ie. bands like Nile and Cannibal Corpse), whereas a band like YOB seems to have way more stuff to my taste. Thanks to YouTube recommendations on YOB videos I just discovered Pallbearer too and that whole ride has been incredible. Their “Sorrow and Extinction” album in particular blew my fucking mind. 

• Like 1

With phenomenal music like this, sometimes you just don't even need lyrics. It helps to keep me calm when getting my ass demolished in Super Meat Boy! ?Been digging on stuff like this, I Built the Sky, and Polyphia as of late. 

• Like 3