parker-94

What Are You Listening To?

48,040 posts in this topic

Courtney LaPlante is so artistic. :wub:

This song always makes me think of my friend Jeremy. He died in a car crash a couple years after high school. Every other friend I had at the time only listened to either gangster rap, or metal with singers you couldn't understand (which is fine, but variety is the spice of life). With Jeremy I knew we'd have Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Creedence, & Led Zeppelin in the rotation as we drove around, because really that and playing sports was all there was to do. We would keep the volume reasonable and just talk, something that should have happened more with my other friends (we had to have the rap or metal blaring to show everyone how cool we were). Sometimes I really miss the guy. I'm certain we'd still be buddies today.

Polly Scattergood - Saturn 9

Posted (edited)

Story time:

Some time in the late 90s, I saw Mindless Self Indulgence in concert. Afterwards, I saw the vocalist Jimmy Urine (voice of Zed in Lollipop Chainsaw & composer of the boss battle themes) at a gas station across from the venue. I told him I was going to grab a bite to eat and wanted to know if he was hungry; he said "hells yeah" and hopped in my '89 Pontiac Sunfire. On the way to get pizza, I was blasting some techstep dnb and he said "Wow, that's pretty good". This was the song:

Not the best story, but at the time it was one of the highlights of my life.

Edited by Helyx

It also happens to be one of my favorite videoclips ever. Both the song, the images and the way she express herself with her body gives me a feeling I can't describe but that makes me always come back to it.

One take. 😬 Self taught screams too.