What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

Dream Theater - Awake (1994)

A prog metal masterclass and one of my favorite albums of all time.

On 2.7.2022 at 1:03 AM, totakos1 said:

Best heavy Metal band and the best album!

Video blocked outside of the US:

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FS-Pq_jNu1FI

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 3

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime (1988)
Wikipedia starts the arcticle to this album with "Operation: Mindcrime is both a concept album and a rock opera. Its story follows Nikki, a drug addict who becomes disillusioned with the corrupt society of his time and reluctantly becomes involved with a revolutionary group as an assassin of political leaders." Yup, that's what it is. Widely considered one of the greatest metal albums in history, O:M became both a gift and a curse for the band. On one hand it sold over four million copies and catapulted the band to stardom, on the other hand every follwing released was compared to it and failed mostly misrably. Nothing came close. But in 1988, the band was at its peak: Guitar duo Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton became two of the most celebrated metal guitarist in history, and Geoff Tate's vocal peformances give me goosebumps to this day. Just listen to "Eyes of a Stranger". Holy shit! This album is pure perfection and essential for everyone even vaguely interested in complex, guitar-driven music.

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 4

I’m not trying to annoy you but I thought I’d practice embedding on the site, “the pros and cons of hitchhiking” is a great album, also the group ..the war on drugs..is knocking out some good things,..still corners..is another good band, very easy listening, sorry if in advance if I mess up the embedding

https://youtu.be/BmoNwdyQzB8

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, The Arizona Ranger said:

I remember listening to this a long, long time ago. While rock and metal may be my preferred music types (nearly 90% of the music in my personal library is from those two genres), I do enjoy rap songs every now and then (usually a few times a month). Problem is, I don't keep up with the majority of what is going on in the rap genre, so I am usually unaware of stuff until I stumble across it either over our local radio station or clicking through various playlists on Youtube.

Of all the rap music that I have heard over the years, my favorite rapper to this day is still Eminem. Below is the first song from Eminem that I ever listened to (from the Cradle 2 the Grave OST) all the way back in 2003 when I was just 12 years old. After hearing this song, I took a interest in his work and began listening to more of his stuff as the years went by.

My favorite part of seeing Eminem rap is whenever he is featured on another artist's track or in songs in which he comes in later after someone else. Some examples below:

Same. Used to be all rap but now im 95% metal/rock.

But damn that bicycle song hahaha.

• Like 1