What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

On a side note, how many people here use Spotify? You can listen to any track you want to whenever you want to with unlimited skips, also it is 100% legal as Facebook endorses it. I use it all the time, although I do not use Facebook other than to have the account mandatory for using Spotify.

I use Spotify. You do not need a Facebook account for Spotify unless you sign up using Facebook. There are many other "types" of accounts that don't require Facebook.

Only thing I use is Youtube to watch videos. I tried Last FM, but I don't like it. The first song is always the song from a band I like then they play some random crap that they think I like. All of the music I have are either on CD, cassette or vinyl. All of the music in my iPod is transferred from my computer when I put my CDs. I believe that if you like the artist enough that you should support them by actually buying their material.

Spotify is legal because they pay for licensing, and they pay royalties. If you listen to songs on Spotify, the artists make money.

Spotify is pretty rubbish in my opinion, it's only good if you like listening to popular artists or chart music. Most of the artists I listen to don't have many/any tracks or albums available on Spotify and the adverts get annoying, I stopped using it ages ago. Besides I prefer having .mp3 files as I can create mixes with them.

To say they don't have the music you like is sort of a broad generalization, but if it's not there, it's not there. Spotify isn't gonna pay for licensing for any artists that no one is going to listen to. The advertisements are reasonable in my opinion. How else do you expect them to fund their service when they let everyone listen to music for free?

I use Spotify. You do not need a Facebook account for Spotify unless you sign up using Facebook. There are many other "types" of accounts that don't require Facebook.

Spotify is legal because they pay for licensing, and they pay royalties. If you listen to songs on Spotify, the artists make money.

To say they don't have the music you like is sort of a broad generalization, but if it's not there, it's not there. Spotify isn't gonna pay for licensing for any artists that no one is going to listen to. The advertisements are reasonable in my opinion. How else do you expect them to fund their service when they let everyone listen to music for free?

You have to tell me how. I tried so many times, and it forced me to sign up for Facebook.