Possible Reboot(?)

Malligos

I heard from one of my PSN friends that SONY isn't fully getting rid of Home. What he pretty much told me was that they actually intended to reboot Home, possible with some new features. One of the things he listed was Freeroaming. He also stated that you could call SONY and give them suggestions for the next Home (I haven't tried it yet).

Any thoughts?

Well home sucks for me, I've been on a good few times and honestly it didn't seem that social to me, people just danced in their groups of friends lol. 

I'm in the UK so i got put in with a lot of French people.. I don't speak French.. so home for me was pretty useless. 

If you're not there to make friends then home.. at least for me was boring as shit. 

I can understand why some like it, but for me it's not appealing at all. 

If a reboot could change that, they should at least try I suppose. 

I heard from one of my PSN friends that SONY isn't fully getting rid of Home. What he pretty much told me was that they actually intended to reboot Home, possible with some new features. One of the things he listed was Freeroaming. He also stated that you could call SONY and give them suggestions for the next Home (I haven't tried it yet).

Any thoughts?

Your friend thinks you're gullible and believe anyone you will be able to reach by phone will have any answers you'd like to hear or that they have any input on development.

Sorry, time to find a better friend.

PS Home could have been so much better if it's been made as an MMO than been a 3D visual social app with mini games, i mean look at the " now it's dead " Freerealm, imagine PS home was like that. like a weekly missions one of them ask for killing 20 wolves in the wild before the timer for the mission end or something like that. 

Your friend thinks you're gullible and believe anyone you will be able to reach by phone will have any answers you'd like to hear or that they have any input on development.

Sorry, time to find a better friend.

I highly doubt that... I've known this person for about 3 years now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that Sony is phasing out Home in order to bring a Morpheus-powered virtual reality-based social network to PS4. It's the obvious next step in the whole social networking and virtual scene paradigm, and with Facebook acquiring Oculus it's starting to make more and more sense.

Any thoughts?

Your friend must talking about the kickstarter project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1222510567/neotopia