How hard was the plat?

zafira1290

So im really wanting to buy this game but i just want to know what are the hardest trophies in the game? That 10,000 kills grind is maybe long but it's not keeping me to get the plat. Are those covert, demolition and precision contracts hard because they are pretty rare trophies? 

it's not hard. It's more of a grind, especially to 10,000 kills. I was at just over 5,000 after finishing every other trophy. Replaying the same mission over and over and over again gets a bit boring. Getting 10 kills in a row is a challenge unless you're really good at the MP, and boosting it isn't easy. 

• Like 1

Overall it is not too hard. A couple of the contract missions are challenging, but they are do-able. The worst trophy for me was the one that requires you to be tranquilized and then recover in multi-player. The likelihood of getting it during normal gameplay is zero. Getting 10,000 kills wasn't so bad, but the grind to complete 100 multi-player games was tedious. It takes about 17-20 hours of playing on multiplayer. 

Not difficult at all. Also found it really enjoyable. I found the multiplayer really fun and easy in this game, mostly because I found other players to be pretty bad at this game compared to most console players. The amount of players online now has reduced a lot since I last played it though and it wasn't hugely populated to begin with.

The 10,000 kills trophy was very tedious, as after doing everything else in the game I had about 6,000 kills. I just played the same level over and over again to get the kills while listening to my music on the Vita so it wasn't that bad. All single-player trophies are pretty easy to get.

Overall I would definitely recommend this game.

I'd give it a 5/10 difficulty-wise. Not overly hard, but decently challenging. It's a bit time consuming. I spent roughly 25 hours in the SP and 15 in the MP.

Something like this ^ People who are saying (and exaggerating on how) the game isn't hard or difficult "at all" are crazy. The Platinum isn't easy, it's around the upper level of moderate difficultly, especially when you're not boosting the online trophies. So overall, it's not easy, but it's also not super hard, just difficult/challenging and overall very time consuming (since you'd have to combine the time it takes to do a few of the MP related trophies and then the 10,000 kill SP trophy). Noteably, several of the contract missions were annoying and will require a few retries.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much there, just need the kills, some dosh and the rest of the intel, plus the stupid tranq trophy that I'll probably boost because it's ridiculously uncommon to even get tranq'd in the first place, let alone survive it. In the 90-something games I've done so far I've been tranquillised 3 times total, and that's whilst doing quite a few Warzone matches.

As for difficulty, it's really not that bad. Elite has a couple of moments that are a little tricky but nothing special, especially compared to KZ2. The contracts are pretty simple for the most part too, aside from a couple of parts mostly regarding Precision actually. You can do them on any difficulty though.

Probably a 4-5/10 I'd say. Multiplayer is still active though, although a few of the same people are always online.

• 2 months later...

I haven't gotten the plat yet but the most challenging part of the game lies in getting all the precision, demolition and covert  contracts out of the way. You knock those out and some of the meddlesome MP trophies like "Spangled" (which requires a human enemy) then you are golden as the rest are collectible or grind related. You can knock out almost all of the MP trophies using the Botzone, and those kills also count towards the 10,000 kills trophy as well. 

Almost done, only Blood Bank left and ofcourse Spangled and Get Your Filthy Hands Off. Was hoping to achieve those in botzone but its quite rare and have never seen a bot to carry M2. Guess I'll need to do MP for those after all, heh.

I found the precision, demolition and covert contracts quite easy. Ok some (precision) contracts were a bit challenging but doable. As previously mentioned, you can do them at any difficulty.

Edited by GrimArts

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty much there, just need the kills, some dosh and the rest of the intel, plus the stupid tranq trophy that I'll probably boost because it's ridiculously uncommon to even get tranq'd in the first place, let alone survive it. In the 90-something games I've done so far I've been tranquillised 3 times total, and that's whilst doing quite a few Warzone matches.

As for difficulty, it's really not that bad. Elite has a couple of moments that are a little tricky but nothing special, especially compared to KZ2. The contracts are pretty simple for the most part too, aside from a couple of parts mostly regarding Precision actually. You can do them on any difficulty though.

Probably a 4-5/10 I'd say. Multiplayer is still active though, although a few of the same people are always online.

There's a game mode that has five different objective based games it. I forget the name of it, but one of the modes requires tranqs to score. I was able to get spangled legit on the rotation of this game mode the first and only time I played it. The mp was about dead when I played and, iirc, you can't do botzone for that mode.

I found KZ: Mercs to be pretty easy. Most of the mp was straight forward and the sp was just a grind once everything else was finished. Great fps experience for the Vita.

• 2 months later...

I don't know why you all think the multiplayer is dead. I can easily still get into every type of game mode and play as many rounds as I like (I live in the Netherlands). Sure there isn't really a community with clans and all that but I wouldn't expect that on a portable shooter.

I have gotten all trophies except for the 10k kills, 1 million cash and 100 multiplayer games without boosting. I'm at 500k cash, 6k kills and 37 multiplayer games played. I think I'll just keep playing multiplayer until I have the three others since it's pretty fun anyway. I have finished the single player over five times now, and even though it's really good I don't want to farm kills in the campaign, rather challenge myself at multiplayer.

Overall I'd rate this game a 9/10. It's the best handheld shooter by far.

Edited by Leejjon

I don't know why you all think the multiplayer is dead. I can easily still get into every type of game mode and play as many rounds as I like (I live in the Netherlands). Sure there isn't really a community with clans and all that but I wouldn't expect that on a portable shooter.

I have gotten all trophies except for the 10k kills, 1 million cash and 100 multiplayer games without boosting. I'm at 500k cash, 6k kills and 37 multiplayer games played. I think I'll just keep playing multiplayer until I have the three others since it's pretty fun anyway. I have finished the single player over five times now, and even though it's really good I don't want to farm kills in the campaign, rather challenge myself at multiplayer.

Overall I'd rate this game a 9/10. It's the best handheld shooter by far.

We should add each other I just got the game

For the precision, demolition and covert contracts, you can easily watch some youtube videos and do exactly the same thing. The rest will come in due time, especially the get 10,000 kills trophy and the 100 multiplayer games trophy. Just like Leejjon said, this is perhaps the best shooter for the PS Vita.

• 3 weeks later...

For the precision, demolition and covert contracts, you can easily watch some youtube videos and do exactly the same thing. The rest will come in due time, especially the get 10,000 kills trophy and the 100 multiplayer games trophy. Just like Leejjon said, this is perhaps the best shooter for the PS Vita.

Do you have any links? I tried searching Youtube and couldn't find any guides. I found a couple for the first few missions, but they were all low quality and there were none for later missions.

Do you have any links? I tried searching Youtube and couldn't find any guides. I found a couple for the first few missions, but they were all low quality and there were none for later missions.

I would really like to know this as well. There are a few collectible videos but hardly any for the contracts.

I didn't watch videos for the 3 contracts for every level except for the Precision contract on Exit Wounds which is probably the hardest of all because of the air kills.

Here's a text guide I used: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-mercenary/210422-killzone-mercenary-dedicated-cause-contracts-guide.html

I didn't follow the the secondary weapon tip for Precision contract for Exit Wounds on that guide, I used shotgun instead as my secondary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi is the multiplayer dead in this game, i know it came to ps plus this month but i wanted to play mp but i couldnt find a match with enough ppl to start in fact i found no one

It's not dead yet, it only has a few active players.

Just buy the Botzone DLC, it's cheap anyway.