Can't upload PS3 Minecraft Save for PS Vita / PS4

antithesis

I've setup a Minecraft save file on PS3 at the point where you jump into the portal for The End? trophy. The End is only a few minutes work after that, so it's an ideal file to wrap up the Plat on PS4.

Problem is, whenever I attempt to upload the Save file, it stalls at either a random point, or gets to 95% before resetting to 0%. I've been trying for a few days now and the same thing happens every...single...time shakefist.gif

Anyone else having trouble uploading a PS3 Minecraft save?

Any solutions? Obviously, I've tried hard rebooting the PS3, power cycling the router, deleting and recreating the save files...nothing is working.

Just tried it and it worked fine for my world. I don't know what to tell ya :P

That sucks if it won't work though...

Thanks for confirming. My internet's not the best, but it seems to be a server problem rather than a connection issue - Minecraft doesn't seem to recognise when the file has finished uploading.

I did manage to get one Save uploaded about a week ago so I could pop a bunch of minor trophies, but I can't upload another. Can you try to upload a second Save and see if that works?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So the cloud sync feature seems to be a mess at the moment.  When I went for the other DLC trophies back in April '16 I had little to no problems in transferring my save from the PSVita to PS3 and PS4 but based on testing I've done over the past 24 hours its got much worse.  What should work is the following and worked previously for me ...

• PSVita -> PS3 or PS4
  • PS3 -> PSVita or PS4

The only way it seems to work at the moment is PS3 -> PSVita, that works 100% for me.  All other combinations fail (at least for me).  Even the transfer from the PS3 -> PSVita that was successful cannot be transferred back to PS3 or to PS4.  I also tried with older worlds I have and creating new ones, same results.  All my Minecraft version are also patched with the latest updates.

I'd also read online that some folks had luck saving in the nether and then transferring that save but that for me at least has not worked.

If folks manage to get success or know of solid workarounds for these problems please keep this topic updated.

Edited by markcavan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to let folks know that the transfer of Minecraft worlds is working again. Tonight I tested the following and all combinations worked ...

• PSVita -> PS3
  • PSVita -> PS4
  • PS3 -> PSVita
  • PS3 -> PS4

So the previous problems are now resolved.  However, depending on the age of your world being transferred you may need to reset both the nether and the end in the world settings before uploading.  Previously this did not work but now thankfully is.  Worlds I could not transfer a few months ago I can now transfer.