How many EASY plats do you have?

SIDEWINDER_21X

Dirty plats...  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

Hey guys just wondering how many "dirty" plats you have on your account.

I would classify a dirty platinum as one that is extremely easy or a kid's game, probably with at least 70% of people earning the platinum. These are generally the games you wished you never played, with no sense of achievement completing it.

For example, I would say Hannah Montana is definitely a dirty plat, along with games such as "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and "Megamind".

I only have Terminator Salvation, and to be honest it wasn't anywhere near as satisfying as any of my other games as it took about 4-5 hours over 2 days. My only salvation :D, was that I played it co-op with a friend, making the experience a lot less painful.

So yer, feel free to post your thoughts on "dirty" plats below, as well as answering the poll :)

EDIT: hacked platinums are even dirtier!

• Like 2

I think your description of a dirty Plat is a bit " insulting " to say the least, to most(IMO).

I mean, they are gamers that for sum reason, :hmm: that enjoy some of the easier games as you described.

when I hear "Dirty Platz" I'm thinking Platinums that are achieved through a game save or a hack of sum sort.

I'm just saying, that's what comes to My mind when I think about it.

but just to answer question, can't say I have any dirty Platz.

by your definition or mines. :P

but by another definition, I would consider " DamNation " as a " Dirty Plat :eyebrow: " for the hatred I have for it.

• Like 4

I think your description of a dirty Plat is a bit " insulting " to say the least, to most(IMO).

I mean, they are gamers that for sum reason, :hmm: that enjoy some of the easier games as you described.

when I hear "Dirty Platz" I'm thinking Platinums that are achieved through a game save or a hack of sum sort.

I'm just saying, that's what comes to My mind when I think about.

Oops, I hope I haven't offended anyone with my derogatory description of dirty platinums :(

I could always replace "dirty" with "extremely easy"? It's just my hatred for games like Terminator Salvation that has fueled this lol :D

i don't know how to vote... there are clearly platinums in my list that are trophy hunting plats but I actually like Pixar movies and stuff like that... I mean if i was really trying to be a trophy whore i would have the Hannah Montana platinum...

"dirty" plats could be classified under platinum trophies that were boosted rather than earned yourself...

example:

Demon's Souls platinum can almost be handed to someone if someone else has all the weapons...

Dungeon Siege 3 hardcore mode can be boosted...

both of these games were hard and i had about 120 hours into both of them but i would be lying if i said i earned them all by myself... Other than that i have games that i have gotten the platinum for in under 10 hours but i actually liked those games and i would play games like them again...

This year is the year of the RPG for me and none of the RPGs that im playing this year are boost-able because they are single player games.

• Like 2

I have some easy :platinum:'s but i'd hardly call them dirty. I never bought them because it was an easy plat. i bought them because they looked fun.

Ice Age 3 - because i enjoyed the film

Toy Story 3 - likewise, plus Woody's Roundup sounded interesting

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - because i'm a long time DW fan (was disappointed by DW6/E though)

Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince - because i'd played all 5 other games

Rio - because I really really really loved the film

I never got Hannah Montana because I don't like Hannah Montana, Terminator looked rubbish,... i only EVER buy games I know/think i'll enjoy. If i get a game and find I don't enjoy it, i play it to Platinum/100% then never look back.

• Like 3

Jesus, I'm not trying to offend anyone by calling them "dirty" plats, I could also have referred to them as "whorish" or ridiculously easy platinums that you regret ever playing; however these threads have been done before and I wanted a discussion with more depth than just "list your easiest plat".

I'll leave the categorising up to you because if you enjoyed playing Ice Age 3, (which was because it's a fun game and nothing at all to do with the easy trophies) then fair enough, as you obviously wouldn't consider that a dirty platinum in your collection.

• Like 1

Actually, ARDCOREARNIE, I would've bought those games I listed above even if they didn't have trophies.

I don't care so much about getting as many trophies as possible, I mainly care about 100%ing what I DO get. I'm a completionist, not a trophy hoarder. In my eyes there's a difference.

Look at my profile and you'll see I have some difficult and time consuming games too. So please don't suggest that I'm cheap just because I have some easy games.

• Like 2

I only have one "dirty plat": Last Rebellion. And I personally don't consider it dirty -- although I will recommend it to others who are looking for a cheap-and-easy platinum. I bought the game when it first came out, and I don't consider it to be as putrid as so many others do. It's certainly a case of a game whose potential is greater than its final product, but I happened to like it.... plus I love RPGs and there weren't very many on the PS3 at the time.

Like many others, when I hear the term "Dirty Plat", the first thing that comes to mind is a hacked/game saved Plat.

I for on love PIXAR/Dreamworks/Disney animated movies, and with that in mind, I absolutely had a blast with UP!. Yeah, it may have been easy, but is was also fun...and that is all I care about. I plan on getting a few more PIXAR-based games for that very same reason, and will probably earn the Plat on those as well, IF they are fun to play. If I do, I'll be tickled to death as I earned the Plat having fun and without cheating. If the game(s) suck, I won't bother with the Plat, easy game or not.

In the end, I purchase and play what I think I will enjoy and have fun with, not to meet someone else's approval.

I only consider 2 out of my 34 dirty and thats because I had no fun playing them at all

1. Terminator Salvation

2. Trivial Pursuit

I enjoyed Green Lantern, Captain America, and Cabella's Outdoor Adventure. I would recommend them if you play movie games just like I do. I would also recommend Spiderman 2, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and X - men Origins Wolverine

Like many others, when I hear the term "Dirty Plat", the first thing that comes to mind is a hacked/game saved Plat.

I for on love PIXAR/Dreamworks/Disney animated movies, and with that in mind, I absolutely had a blast with UP!. Yeah, it may have been easy, but is was also fun...and that is all I care about. I plan on getting a few more PIXAR-based games for that very same reason, and will probably earn the Plat on those as well, IF they are fun to play. If I do, I'll be tickled to death as I earned the Plat having fun and without cheating. If the game(s) suck, I won't bother with the Plat, easy game or not.

In the end, I purchase and play what I think I will enjoy and have fun with, not to meet someone else's approval.

I approve this message!!! :)