SIDEWINDER_21X

How many EASY plats do you have?

Dirty plats...   289 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

202 posts in this topic

Does Okami HD count as a "easy" platinum?

I consider all 8 of my platinums easy because they didn't require much effort. I don't on the other hand just buy a game to get the platinum in it because it's easy.

I have a ton of easy plats, but i enjoy every game i play.  Sometimes i need to here the "ding" sound to keep me going when i don't necessarily feel like tackling more challenging games.  Though i do sprinkle a few "toughies" in here and there just to "sorta" balance things out.  Just so it doesn't look like i just "primarily" go for "easy" ones.  Too each is own, just as long as you enjoy doing what makes you happy!  That's what it ultimately is all about and shouldn't matter to anyone else. 

I don't think I have any, as the easiest platinum I have is God of War I think. Not sure if that qualifies though.

I have 3 :)

the walking dead(vita)

resistance burning skies

csi fatal conspiracy 

If we're also counting TT games and "Press-X-to-trophy" visual novels, I have 9 out of 76. Out of that 9, only one feels "dirty" to me.

Edited by Eraezr

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

God Of War considered an easiest platinum, wow, times have certainly changed.

I love this too, people asking about is this or that game easy. God of war, while definently not mind numbly hard is something I would never even consider easy in this era. 

I probably got like ~15 of somewhat easier games (<4 hours) on my list. 

15 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I love this too, people asking about is this or that game easy. God of war, while definently not mind numbly hard is something I would never even consider easy in this era. 

I probably got like ~15 of somewhat easier games (<4 hours) on my list. 

Amusingly I never even got platinum for God Of War 1 on PS3 lol

Those challenges are really quite hard. Unfortunately I don't have the game anymore either since I borrowed it off a friend and it's also the Japanese version so my save data is incompatible.

Infact I probably don't even have the same anymore as this was in ye old days of no cloud saving and YLOD from my old PS3.

Anyway, it's funny to have failed in getting an "easy" platinum, by 2012 standards.

I still find it amusing that this topic from 10 years ago, almost all those members are gone. Well they stopped posting here anyway. What a change a decade makes.

Our ancestors were clearing living in the golden era, before the definition of "easy" became what it is today.

Edited by enaysoft

As someone from that old 'Psnp generation', I can confidently say 2012-13 was peak trophy hunting years for me. Competing with friends to try have more platinums back when 50 plats was a crazy amount and pushing each other to go further in games that would take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete the average game (Max Payne 3 being one many people are playing now). And looking at your platinum count feeling like you've actually accomplished a lot and worked really hard for that number. That's essentially why I started a fresh account recently so I could look at my list again and be proud of every single game I have played and get that '2012 trophy hunting' feeling back. 

And yes, God of War was considered easy, but still a respected game. As long as you stayed away from the small handful of games like Hannah Montana, Puss in Boots or Megamind (coined dirty games because trophy whore wasn't even a thing you could be with next to no easy games to play), you'd have the respect from pretty much anyone on the site. A lot of that respect has disappeared and this definitely feels like a more toxic place. Trophy hunting used to be very linear where leaderboards held a significant importance to the entire community, whereas now there's a lot more ways people go about hunting trophies (level, completion, rarity etc).

Yeah, an awful lot has changed. 

Edited by Riiszk

If we don't include telltale, then I have none!

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This topic is from 2013, and aged badly.

Reading the first page, I have no idea who any of those members are. The previous generation of psnprofile users! Oldskool members. lol

God Of War considered an easiest platinum, wow, times have certainly changed.

Challenge of the gods on the vita took 6 years off my life MINIMUM! I can’t imagine doing that and going “yeah that was kinda easy” lol!

Yikes.  Times have changed lol

guilty....I definitely have some but had decided against them at the start of this year going forward.. if I could remove them and the associated trophies I would gladly take the level reductions, but Sony will never allow it...

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This topic is from 2013, and aged badly.

One of the bad things about the policy of allowing necro'ed threads. Sometimes, these get dug up.

Oh, and to answer the TC from more than 8 years ago, I have tons of easy plats.

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

One of the bad things about the policy of allowing necro'ed threads. Sometimes, these get dug up.

There is something slightly odd about answering a thread when there has been 3 Sony console launches,  3 presidential elections, 5 pandemics and a couple of olympics since the question was posed 😂

This thread is a relic

By the way I have 2/63 that are over 75% and I don't think I will earn more in the future

Spectrewoods, Slyde, Funny Truck, Burly Men At Sea.

Too many, I'm sure. Even my plats that took a while or some effort would still be considered easy even if they're not the EZPZ ones.

I used to set myself an arbitrary goal to get 50 trophies every month, which led to me playing pay-to-Plat games like Mr. Massagy, 1000 Top Rated, and My Name is Mayo.

I've long since abandoned that challenge however (and it feels wonderful), so I don't see myself playing games simply to inflate my trophy count anymore. My games still tend to be fairly easy however, as I tend to play games to chill out rather than get my adrenaline pumping. 

lol, good times

People will get triggered because their plats were called "dirty"?

Edited by DeepEyes7

Got a bunch. If were talking the super easy under 1 hour games think got about 30ish.

VN say about 40ish. But i played all but like 8 for the game itself. Just couldn't get into it. So may as well speed run it. TT games... 1st play was for fun.. 2nd 3rd was for plats😊 

Not to mention the few auto pops from cross play vers. 🙄Think in total got about 100 -120 easy, fast, auto.

But will say there some of them short games are fun. The sky fish game i loved😊 2nd play was judt for plat😋

But as long as your list isn't just easy stuff. It fine. I mean got some hard rare stuff like absolver , Galaxy soup or OG demon souls.