How many EASY plats do you have?

SIDEWINDER_21X

Dirty plats...  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

I don't have any of the easy games they mentioned 2012 so I voted with "none" and "Absolutely not!".

Oh, by the way, is it even allowed to bring up such old threads here? Wasn't there a rule against it? This Thread is almost 10 years old, older than most of the members here.

Edited by Sikutai

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Oh, by the way, is it even allowed to bring up such old threads here? Wasn't there a rule against it? This Thread is almost 10 years old, older than most of the members here.

Can't remember exactly where I read this but I believe its ok to revive old threads if your comment is on topic but if its just to bump the thread that's against the rules. But its probably best to ask a mod for sure tho :)

was able to find it here :)

quick quote from @DaivRules about it found in thread above:

2. No duplicate threads. If there is already a thread of the same (or close enough) topic, post in there. Don’t start a new thread. Is doesn’t matter how old it is, we don’t care about necroing threads here.

Edited by TrickyCompa
  • Like 1

Wow, this was an interesting read. Times sure have changed.

Well, I just happen to keep track of all my plats in my checklist thread, so I can look quickly and say I have 33 completed games that I consider "easy," meaning they didn't offer much of a challenge. There's some Telltale, a few point-and-clicks, the two Zero Escape games (which were easy for the most part but certainly not short), and one hidden object game, but I think I liked them all with the exception of Hidden Agenda (which wasn't terrible but having to use an app on my phone was unnecessary) and Dead Synchronicity (which was terrible). Of course, I track walking sims, puzzle games, and stuff like Cat Quest separately, so it's probably higher than that.

I saw @Gotakibono post on the first page. He has a YouTube channel called Platchums that he does with another trophy hunter. I recommend you guys check them out. 

The biggest problem I feel is the way we got about easy platinums. A few here and there is fine, we all need a breather eventually. It has gotten to the point where 100 - 150 platinums can be obtained with ease in around a months time. 

When this thread started, you actually had to go and search for games that were exceptionally easy. Overly easy PS3 games were a lot more difficult to find because of the standards put in place. 

I can understand having a one minute video guide for a platinum if you are teaching your 5 year son how to play video games. 

Most of us who are indulging in this crap are over the age of 30, live on our own, and have a sizable amount of income. The only people to blame is ourselves. 

Instant gratification is much more prominent and popular than it was back in 2012. That is the one thing that has significantly changed when I compare the old trophy hunter community to today’s trophy hunter community. 

Times have changed for the worse.

Edited by AJ_Radio

I’ve got way more than I should. This year was pretty bad as I was trying to reach 300 plats this year. Trying to cut down now, though. Going forward I’m trying to avoid Ratalaika, Breakthrough, and visual novels where you can just hold skip for 1 minute and be done. Still got some trash in my backlog, though.

I’m going for more plats from good games now. August has been pretty good for those between Hades and Psychonauts 2. I’ve also reorganized my folders to arrange my backlog better.

I only really consider a Platinum dirty if it is both easy and not in least way fun, so in that regard I would say that I've avoided the truly dirty games (Little adventure, breakthrough, zj the ball ect...)

Although I do often regret how I played some point and clicks and that one visual novel, I feel it's fair to say I played them dirty (skipped puzzles/ had an guide open the whole time, didn't acknowledge any story) and not had let the developers tell the stories they wanted. I took a much more laid back approach with Evan's Remains and One Night Stand and if you look on the trophy percentage you'd say they were dirty trophies (if your definition is a bit looser than my own), but actually listening to the story tells well told and interesting tales.

So I'll put games that I played dirty total, and the games I played dirty and now wish I could play as an actual game (stacks included)

Total games I played in a "Dirty manner:" 14

Total regreted plats I wish I could play properly: 9

My dirtiest plat is Conan Exiles. I did have a bit of fun messing around with it with a friend, but I played it primarily for the easy trophies. Intended to at least keep playing for a while so I could get something out of it, but the game did absolutely nothing for me and I ended up deleting it soon after. I did go back recently to finish the DLC trophies though so I haven't completely learned my lesson.

Including Conan, the other ones that feel a bit dirty are all from PS Plus: Burly Men at Sea, Hatoful Boyfriend and Steins;Gate (with the last two, while I don't think I skipped anything I remember eventually getting super bored with the story and not paying much attention, just don't think visual novels are for me).

I don't really have much else on my list that I bought myself though. I've got about 10 Telltale games which some people would probably put in that category, but I take my time with them and play them for the story. Same thing with walking sims which I get a lot out of despite the lack of gameplay.

More than 60. Regret is a strong word, but I won't be playing any more bullshit Ratalaika ten minute plats any time soon I don't expect. I had a new born son and limited time and energy for gaming so those 'one evening platinums' were suitable at the time but I don't want many more ultra easy games on my profile now. 

Got curious and actually counted every 'COMMON' plat I ever did. The exact number is 31 so far and I got like a dozen of 'UNCOMMON's falling over 40% of rarity.

Some of the best Visual Novels are there (wouldn't say Fata Morgana was easy though... via long shareplay sessions while adding improvised VA to it, lol) and a bunch of easy games of undeniable artistic value (like GRIS for an easy example). Also some curious experiments with genres or themes (One Night Stand, Pantsu Hunter... anybody?). Anyway I'm shameless just enough so anything untouched I have in my backlog will eventually find its way into my 'completed' list regardless of rarity of its trophies. I barely check the trophies while shopping anyway.

Only stuff I consider "dirty" plats are the games that I felt dirty for even playing: Demetrios and Date a Live: Rio Reincarnation.  Date a Live was especially awful because it had a lot of sexual content and the art made the characters look extremely young, like middle schoolers at the oldest young though the game claimed they were in high school.  I couldn't even stand playing through one whole route of that game when usually I make an effort to at least fully read one route even if I'm not too fond of a VN.

I have some easy plats, but I don't feel shame for playing those.  Not going to even bother counting them because I do not feel a game should be judged for anything more than "is it fun?"  I had a blast playing many of my easy games, and hated many of my UR plats (looking at you Sorcery Saga, Omega Quintet, Tales of Symphonia, MeiQ and Akiba's Beat).

What we consider easy nowadays? 

I didn't have any 10min plat, Ratalaika, Mayo, etc, I have a bunch of telltale plats due PSPlus, and 6/165 over 50% rarity (Life is Strange Before the Storm, The Wolf Among Us, Sly 2, GRIS, Tales from the Borderlands and Sly), 4 more between 40-50% (Ghost of Tsushima, Spyro, Game of Thrones and Marvel's Spiderman).

I consider anything over 20% rarity on PSNProfiles sorta easy and hard when is lower than 10%.

But lately this 'rule' is innacurate for me, idk if is for the lack of auto update users or me getting old, but newer games have higher rarities that should be in terms of feelings.

I just did a quick check and it seems I have 26 ultra rare plats, and 22 common plats.

I guess I am kinda happy about that ratio , although I play games for fun, so it doesn't matter for me if they're 99% rarity or not, just as long as the game I buy doesn't last less than an hour and isn't complete dog shit, then I am ok with any purchase.

Aah the good old days when games like Hanna Montana or Terminator Salvation were considered like a shame lol

But now? Ghost of Tsushima has almost the same rarity percentage of Terminator, so what? Is GoT as easy as Terminator? Honestly I don't think so not mentioning the fact that GoT surely takes quite some hours to plat/complete while Terminator is easily doable in few hours.

We should redefine the concept of "easy plats" by today standards, and by that, I would say that graphic novels, point and click games, Ratalaikas etc are undoubtedly easy plats. Well, I would really say they have a "non-existing difficulty" otherwise even games like Dead Space 1, GoW 1 and Dante's Inferno would be considered as very hard...

I have 5 Ratalaika-level plats (1 hour or below, no skill involved) and maybe 10-15 Hannah Montana-level plats (8 hours and below, no skill involved). All my plats are pretty easy though except Nioh, Bloodborne and maybe Motorstorm RC. I did work hard for The Last Guardian too but it's more about planning than skill.