How many EASY plats do you have?

SIDEWINDER_21X

Dirty plats...  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

None anymore. I call them crap plats. Basically games like ratailaka, powgi etc. I hid around 900 of those games because I feel embarrassed now and wish I never did them and would delete them if I could but hiding is my best option. I still have some very easy games like telltale and cat quest but i don't consider them crap plats cuz I actually enjoy them a lot and they are quality games imo.

• Like 4

Ratalaika Games aren’t crap Games. In a way they make fun. If you think they are crap you definitely never played the Breakthrough Games ???????????

2 minutes ago, AsheRebel said:

None anymore. I call them crap plats. Basically games like ratailaka, powgi etc. I hid around 900 of those games because I feel embarrassed now and wish I never did them and would delete them if I could but hiding is my best option. I still have some very easy games like telltale and cat quest but i don't consider them crap plats cuz I actually enjoy them a lot and they are quality games imo.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Ratalaika Games aren’t crap Games. In a way they make fun. If you think they are crap you definitely never played the Breakthrough Games ???????????

i guess doing them once was fine but i was naive chasing a pointless leaderboard and stacking them 6 times. I regret it but thankfully it's behind me and I can focus on games I enjoy and not ashamed of. As for breakthrough games, I did use them to boost myself from plat #951 to #999. It was such a shame though cuz there were impressive plats on either end with friday the 13th as #950 and devil may cry 5 as #1000

• Like 2

None of my Plats were easy, they all took effort. None of them are dirty, I didn't cheat or hack or do anything the game wouldn't let me do to earn them. 

Conan Exiles/Ark/(coming soon) Subnautica all let you do some shenaniganery to earn stuff. It's in the game, it's fair game.

But man, waaaay back in 2012 and before, I sure did some dumb stuff for trophies. No shame about it though, everyone has their Guitar Hero/Rockband phase. I mainly stuck to stuff I liked or wanted to try, or the PS+ free stuff. Whatever floated my boat, but then, even then, sometimes a game that was easy back then didn't matter as it meant something to me. 

[[  Spoilered some boring bits of my plat story. ]]

Spoiler

Heavy Rain is my first Plat. I left home for a few months, and when I came back I decided I was gonna earn the shit outta the Plat for this game I loved it so. Though the driving and the balance beam walking as kids did not love me.  I loved it so much I platted the PS4 edition as Plat #100.  It's considered easy with a guide, but truly only us crazy trophy hunters finished it with 2.8% of all players on PS3. 

Killzone 3 is number two. I was big into the Killzone franchise leading up to this game and just past it. It's cooled off since there ain't been any releases in it but I still went and got as many DLC trophies as I could, i loved it. Easy at 1.0% on PSN?  Killzone 3 = yes, but you got to put effort into it.  Unlike Killzone 2 which was batshit hard for me.  Massively popular but not building the fanbase up means most don't go all the way.

Uncharted 3 is my third Plat. It came with my PS3, and was when I took to trophy hunting seriously. I did enjoy that game, puzzles, the shooting, it was decent. I cannot say the same for the first two titles.

Ferrari Challenge, this game could be glitchy at the worst time or it could be your friend. Either way, it was just the not-Gran Turismo racing game I neeeded. At 3.7% on PSN it seems that a lot of other racing game enthusiasts also enjoyed it to completion. As well the three year break is cause I moved on to other games and only came back to Plat it.

CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR.  I took a 3 year break to beat this game on the hardest difficulty. That's how bad I raged at it. Definitely not an easy game. 

Megamind . Finally, my sixth Platinum trophy. The game may have little challenge, the trophy list may have little challenge, but did you know I played this with my nephew? And we had a ton of fun? That's what mattered to me. 

Terminator Salvation.  And the seventh Platinum. Yes, it didn't have too much of a challenge, but as a HUGE Terminator fan, I spit in the face of anyone who dares call my time with it "dirty." 

You point at any of my 126 Platinums, and I can give you a reason why I played, and why I platted it. None of them will be "because it has easy trophies to inflate a number that means nothing"

Easy platinums I have loads like JRPGs which are just grinds, VNs, and smaller but fun indie games. "Dirty" I have around 10-20 but I only play the ones I find interesting and typically only buy them on sale. I still play the harder games and haven't stacked any games yet but I've been thinking about it for some trophy milestones.

i never bought a game because it have an easy platinum before I only pay for the games i just wanna play and so be it if it has an easy Platinum or not, i think my true super easy platinum I ever got was my name is mayo and even this stupid game I got my reason to buys it at the time for only 80 cent, ironically I bought it just to hear the jokes and I thought maybe they'll update it and add more jokes later and I got disappointed, never bought the sequel at all.

I think it's a bit difficult to say a said trophy is easy or not, you gonna be so surprised how there are people that still have difficulty to Plat a gameslike Spyro the Reignited Trilogy, I plated a few tough games and never felt the pressure and I think they're so easy and surprised that not too many people have bother with. 

Yeah, I've got a few, mostly Ratalaika Games ones. These have come from freebies or discounted codes. I agree you need a break in between the bigger stuff. I did Spiderman and God of War back to back and I was kind of "done" and needed something mindless for a bit. So I've done a couple of cheap and dirty ones while I ease into AC:Unity 

Well for me a platinum is still a platinum no matter how easy it is to obtain. I own lots and lots of easy plat games and I am not planning to stop earning them at least not until I reach lv 1000 ( platinum trophy icon beside the lv - damn Sony! why you do this to me XD)

6 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Yeah, I've got a few, mostly Ratalaika Games ones. These have come from freebies or discounted codes. I agree you need a break in between the bigger stuff. I did Spiderman and God of War back to back and I was kind of "done" and needed something mindless for a bit. So I've done a couple of cheap and dirty ones while I ease into AC:Unity 

I'll add into this that a lot of it comes down to time. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have entertained the Ratalaika stuff but I get maybe 2-3 hours a week to game as opposed to the 20-30 hours I did back in the day, so sometimes I want something totally mindless rather than an epic saga where my progress is measured in months rather than minutes. 

• Like 1

A lot of great indie games can have easy to obtain plats, but they're still enjoyable. No, Im not talking about Rata games/Breakthrough games. A plat that takes 30m or less is definitely cheesy, but an 8 hour plat could still be considered easy, have a high completion rating, and be a great game. 

I voted that Ill still earn an easy platinum from time to time, but at this point in time it would only be that the game looked enjoyable to me...

I don't play games just for the sake of the platinum, I only play the games that can get my attention. I would never play "Hannah Montana" or "My Name is Mayo", for example. 

I also won't play games again to get the double or even triple platinum for that game. That's something I don't understand, lol. 

Some of my platinum trophies are easy (like walking simulators, or the Telltale games), but that doesn't necessarily mean these are bad games at all. Some of those really have a great storyline and can get into your feelings if you don't rush through it and enjoy the game.

On the other hand, Skyrim (for example) has a platinum completion time of 120+ hours and has a completion rate of only 10.70%, or 170+ hours playtime if you add the DLC. It's a long grind to get the platinum, but the trophy list is easy as well. 

My five rarest platinum trophies are all easy games: Amnesia Collection, Dragon Age: Origins, Dishonored, Fallout: New Vegas and The Sims 4 (lol.) To be fair, New Vegas could be considered hard because the challenge comes from battling the game itself as it hard crashes your PS3 every 30 minutes and glitches out. I play a ton of indie horror games, many of which are walking sims, RPGs where you can just break the difficulty with overpowered builds, not to mention puzzle games where the completion rate is high because anyone can just look up the solutions online. 

Looking at my profile the only ones I would say aren't easy plats are the ones requiring stressful no deaths speedruns (Maid of Sker, Amnesia: Rebirth, RE7,) along with Dead Space, Castlevania Requiem, Vampyr and Indigo Prophecy. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 8:28 AM, Riiszk said:

As someone from that old 'Psnp generation', I can confidently say 2012-13 was peak trophy hunting years for me. Competing with friends to try have more platinums back when 50 plats was a crazy amount and pushing each other to go further in games that would take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete the average game (Max Payne 3 being one many people are playing now). And looking at your platinum count feeling like you've actually accomplished a lot and worked really hard for that number. That's essentially why I started a fresh account recently so I could look at my list again and be proud of every single game I have played and get that '2012 trophy hunting' feeling back. 

And yes, God of War was considered easy, but still a respected game. As long as you stayed away from the small handful of games like Hannah Montana, Puss in Boots or Megamind (coined dirty games because trophy whore wasn't even a thing you could be with next to no easy games to play), you'd have the respect from pretty much anyone on the site. A lot of that respect has disappeared and this definitely feels like a more toxic place. Trophy hunting used to be very linear where leaderboards held a significant importance to the entire community, whereas now there's a lot more ways people go about hunting trophies (level, completion, rarity etc).

Yeah, an awful lot has changed. 

I remember seeing an account with 100 plats in 2013 was as rare as seeing one with 1000 today. Nowadays even The Last Of Us is considered a hard plat, always can't believe that lol

• Like 1

I have a few plats that were short and easy but I enjoyed them all. I wouldn’t play anything just for the trophies but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been persuaded to pick up a game on sale when it looks good and the plat is handy. I have one Ratalaika game on my account (Sagebrush) but it was super cool.

Not super scientific but I generally only buy a game on a whim if it reviews well (70% average and above on metacritic is my rule) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

I have a few plats that were short and easy but I enjoyed them all. I wouldn’t play anything just for the trophies but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been persuaded to pick up a game on sale when it looks good and the plat is handy. I have one Ratalaika game on my account (Sagebrush) but it was super cool.

Not super scientific but I generally only buy a game on a whim if it reviews well (70% average and above on metacritic is my rule) 

Your account is good. Eagerly awaiting the next YouTube video you guys will post.

• Like 3

On 2021-09-02 at 6:21 AM, AsheRebel said:

I still have some very easy games like telltale and cat quest but i don't consider them crap plats cuz I actually enjoy them a lot and they are quality games imo.

I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with easy platinums at all. There are many great games that come with really easy platinums, such as Cat Quest and the Telltale games like you mentioned, the latter of which are some of my absolute favourite narrative gaming experiences! ?

It’s pretty clear these days that there is a massive world of difference between an “easy” plat and what I personally call an “ezpz” plat or garbage plat (everyone has their own terms to describe these games). You all the kind I’m talking about… the ones that are obviously manufactured with the express purpose of giving the purchaser a platinum trophy with the absolute minimum time & effort required, and usually have upwards of 6 regional stacks so you can earn them multiple times.

These types of games are about as close as they can possibly get to directly selling you a platinum trophy in exchange for money. They just throw in a really mindless 20-30 minute trophy list to disguise their true purposes and to get past Sony’s trophy criteria. These types of games are the ones that give “easy” games a bad rep and why easy has become synonymous with utter shite in the trophy community, even if that’s not actually true.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2012 at 7:51 AM, SIDEWINDER_21X said:

For example, I would say Hannah Montana is definitely a dirty plat, along with games such as "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and "Megamind".

How dare you blaspheme "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Dogshit." From start to finish, that game is pure bliss; I would have stacked that, easily. You have no idea what you're missing.