How many EASY plats do you have?

SIDEWINDER_21X

Dirty plats...  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with easy platinums at all. There are many great games that come with really easy platinums, such as Cat Quest and the Telltale games like you mentioned, the latter of which are some of my absolute favourite narrative gaming experiences! 1f642.png

It’s pretty clear these days that there is a massive world of difference between an “easy” plat and what I personally call an “ezpz” plat or garbage plat (everyone has their own terms to describe these games). You all the kind I’m talking about… the ones that are obviously manufactured with the express purpose of giving the purchaser a platinum trophy with the absolute minimum time & effort required, and usually have upwards of 6 regional stacks so you can earn them multiple times.

These types of games are about as close as they can possibly get to directly selling you a platinum trophy in exchange for money. They just throw in a really mindless 20-30 minute trophy list to disguise their true purposes and to get past Sony’s trophy criteria. These types of games are the ones that give “easy” games a bad rep and why easy has become synonymous with utter shite in the trophy community, even if that’s not actually true.

I agree 100% with you! At the end of the day we should play what we enjoy because gaming is meant to be for fun. I personally dislike ezpz plats as u put it therefore I hid them and won't ever go back to them however if someone finds it fun then more power to them, doesn't necessarily mean I have to respect your trophy list. To each their own but I disagree with the saying "a Platinum is a platinum" no it's not I do not have same pride for my telltale plats that I have for super meat boy even though imo telltale games are amazing narrative experiences like u said. 

I agree there is a massive difference between easy and crap plats. Most of the AAA games are easy platinums these days, be it Horizon, Spider man games , God of war etc. that's not a bad thing however the games sold for purpose of trophy *horing is where the problem lies! Honestly I started getting bored of crap plats too, it's just not satisfying nor fun as it is to platinum a long AAA game or a hard game.

I remember there was a time when games like Walking Dead 2 couldn't get a platinum and a lot of PSN games only had a few bronze trophies because Sony thought they didn't have enough content to warrant a platinum. Now 1 minute games have platinums and more trophy points than AAA games. It's a shame how things have changed, imo for the worse :( and yes I was part of the problem for a long time but I know better now :)

• Like 1

"Dirty" platinums... 0

I don't want to see that kind of games in my list.

Easy platinums (common)... 19

RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART

ASTRO'S PLAYROOM
MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN REMASTERED

PIC-A-PIX PIECES 2

PIC-A-PIX CLASSIC 2

PIC-A-PIX COLOR 2

PIC-A-PIX PIECES

PIC-A-PIX CLASSIC

PIC-A-PIX COLOR

WORD SUDOKU BY POWGI

SEA OF SOLITUDE

EMBERS OF MIRRIM

SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER

LATE SHIFT

LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM

THE WOLF AMONG US

THE WALKING DEAD

BATMAN: THE TELLTALE SERIES

TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS

• Like 3

On 9/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with easy platinums at all. There are many great games that come with really easy platinums, such as Cat Quest and the Telltale games like you mentioned, the latter of which are some of my absolute favourite narrative gaming experiences! ?

It’s pretty clear these days that there is a massive world of difference between an “easy” plat and what I personally call an “ezpz” plat or garbage plat (everyone has their own terms to describe these games). You all the kind I’m talking about… the ones that are obviously manufactured with the express purpose of giving the purchaser a platinum trophy with the absolute minimum time & effort required, and usually have upwards of 6 regional stacks so you can earn them multiple times.

These types of games are about as close as they can possibly get to directly selling you a platinum trophy in exchange for money. They just throw in a really mindless 20-30 minute trophy list to disguise their true purposes and to get past Sony’s trophy criteria. These types of games are the ones that give “easy” games a bad rep and why easy has become synonymous with utter shite in the trophy community, even if that’s not actually true.

There's other games like Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, The Little Acre, The Bunker, Late Shift, etc etc. All worthwhile games.

Only reason people are doing regional stacks of these throwaway "ezpz" games is to chase the leaderboards. I strongly doubt they're playing them to have fun, otherwise they would just stick to one game.

And every time I try to address this issue, I get called an elitist and a moron. Because I'm addressing what is potentially trophy addiction, that is completely meaningless anyway because trophies are merely virtual achievements.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah, clearly the people who do this are addicted to trophies. People always get mad at me for saying this, but I always say that there’s a difference between a trophy hunter and a trophy whore.

Trophy hunters are utmost often completionist minded players and love the thrill of the hunt itself - trying to do everything and see everything and master whatever challenges the game throws at them. Trophy whores are a different breed and don’t really care about the actual games they’re playing - for them it’s all about numbers. It’s about watching those numbers rise and pile up, and so these types aren’t that interested in the actual concept of trying to complete achievements, they’re basically just unlocking trophies purely for the sake of unlocking trophies. The more, the better.

It’s never been the games themselves that bothers me, it’s the concept of what is basically being able to buy platinum trophies to artificially boost their numbers, while simultaneously destroying the value of a platinum. Platinums have gone from something that used to be a rare and special marker in most cases, to something that is really no big deal at all as people as easily earning 500 plats a year now like it’s nothing. A lot of these people like to say “Hey, a platinum is a platinum!” But that’s exactly the problem - it really isn’t anymore.

I 100% agree with this.  There is a HUGE difference between a trophy hunter and a trophy whore.

On topic, it really depends on what one considers easy.  If we are talking about 0/10 to 1/10 EZPZ then I would say I have three such platinums on my account out of the currently 61 platinums that I have earned.  They would be the two My Name is Mayos and The Walking Dead.  I was laughing and chuckling the whole time I played the two MNiM because, at the time, I couldn't believe they actually created a "game" where all you do is press X and a few other buttons about 10,000 times or so and DING!  You have yourself a platinum.  At the time, it gave me a good laugh.  I never thought it would lead to a whole genre of shovelware trophy whore "pop a platinum in less than an hour" "games".  After MNiM, I made an oath to myself to never play such drivel again.  And I haven't.  And I won't.

As far as TWD goes, I did not enjoy that game at all.  I think it took me about a month to finish because of that.  So yeah, it might be an EZPZ 0 to 1 out of 10 platinum, but boy, I had a hard time bringing myself to finish the story.

Anyway, that's about it for me.

1 hour ago, Spider-Man916 said:

As far as TWD goes, I did not enjoy that game at all.  I think it took me about a month to finish because of that.  So yeah, it might be an EZPZ 0 to 1 out of 10 platinum, but boy, I had a hard time bringing myself to finish the story.

Wow, I’m surprised to hear that tbh. ?

What didn’t you like about it? Telltale games were always notorious ezpz games a few years back since you earn the platinum automatically just by playing through them, but the redeeming characteristics were always compelling characters and quality narratives that made them must-plays for a lot of people.

I think TWD was the first Telltale game I played and the whole thing kinda blew me away lol. Up until that point, the concept of an interactive movie as a game was totally foreign to me, and so I was totally hooked. I hope Telltale comes back one day tbh, I think there’s a niche for that kind of experience that isn’t really being filled in the industry currently. The last I heard their assets had been purchased by another company and a possible revival was in the works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Wow, I’m surprised to hear that tbh. 1f62e.png

What didn’t you like about it? Telltale games were always notorious ezpz games a few years back since you earn the platinum automatically just by playing through them, but the redeeming characteristics were always compelling characters and quality narratives that made them must-plays for a lot of people.

I think TWD was the first Telltale game I played and the whole thing kinda blew me away lol. Up until that point, the concept of an interactive movie as a game was totally foreign to me, and so I was totally hooked. I hope Telltale comes back one day tbh, I think there’s a niche for that kind of experience that isn’t really being filled in the industry currently. The last I heard their assets had been purchased by another company and a possible revival was in the works.

@dieselmanchild For whatever reason, it didn't resonate with me.  I think because it was dark and depressing, but then again all zombies games are and I enjoyed The Last of Us.  Heck, I loved The Last of Us!  Maybe it was the characters.  I just felt them to be kind of blah and the story just didn't hook me.  It's not something I can really put my finger on; I just didn't enjoy it at all and, therefore, I had a really hard time finishing the story. ?‍♂️

It's an interesting separation of Trophy Hunter vs Trophy Whore. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I like seeing everything completed, all 100% and if someone throws me a free code or an easy plat is half price, then yeah, why not I suppose. I intentionally don't play games like Dark Souls on my PlayStation because I'd never finish it. Prior to starting to do trophy hunting I kicked off Bloodborne, so I doubt that's ever getting finished :D

I'd like to plat as many games on my list as I can. Some are no-gos now due to age but even if they weren't, I don't hate myself enough to platinum a Fifa game or a multilayer shooter. It's just too much. 

i have prob at least 50 easy plats. maybe more. id say the first 10 years or so i stayed away from games like hannah montana. and ive become a different gamer to make it more interesting for myself. sometimes i care about the leaderboards even though i'll never be in the top 100 so i try to knock out alot of trophies, sometimes i need a fast game to play for a day, sometimes i want to do a rare game with a friend that will take a month of grinding, sometimes i find a game i can submerge into for a long time like red dead 2. ive realized alot of the easy games arent that bad once i started playing them. hannah montana was ok for a game because even though the graphics and story was shit, it had you do different things then the same old recycled games. ive found i like games made about tv shows or movies like duck dynasty even though i hated that show on tv i found the game interesting. lately what ive been doing is trying to do a game that takes some time, then ill knock out a bunch of easy ones, then go back to another one that takes me a while. the first few years on playstation i spent playing battlefield bad company and almost nothing but that game. i put in over 1,000 hours into it. so i think my profile kind of is a all around mix of stuff. i might have alot of easy games but i do grind out a few tough ones.

Voted 6-10 and occasional few.

I guess you could say I have about 6-10 platinums on my list that could be considered dirty, maybe a few more. But they're all quick games that looked like fun at the time and I'm not ashamed of any of them. Mostly some cheap discounted games that I could play when I had a little less to spend.

It also depends on perspective. I've seen people calling the Walking Dead series dirty. But I don't consider them to fall into that category.

If you'd go by >30% rarity, I'd be on 58/243. But that would include games like Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and Final Fantasy 8 aswell, which are absolutely not quick and dirty platinums in any sense of the word.

I have something like 15 Ratalaika/Green Lava (My Name Is Mayo) platinum trophies. I never really cared about the whole "do they devalue the platinum trophy as a concept or whatever" debate. All I care about is having fun.

They also boost my morale for some strange reason so fuck it, i'll just keep playing if it looks fun.

I play a pretty good mix of games. Some are hard, some are easy. Sometimes I play "easy" platinums but on harder difficulties. Control, for example, is rated a 3 on difficulty in the trophy guide. But when I played it, I didn't take advantage of those things that could make it easier so it felt like a 7 or 8. I died a lot and found some bosses to be very challenging. On the other hand, I sometimes take advantage of every glitch I can to make a game easier. Like Titanfall 2, I mostly played on easy while getting credit for completing it on its hardest difficulty. It really just depends on my mood. I often play something hard for a couple hours then move to something easier to clear the frustration.

I genuinely like Artifex Mundi games. I don't think their writing is good. However, their art can sometimes be fantastic. That art is usually ruined a little by being strangely animated. Either way, I do enjoy doing hidden object pictures a lot. It reminds me of when I was a kid and stared at them in Highlights magazine. 

I've also been a fan of Telltale Games firba long time and got the plat for many of them. Im currently working on The Walking Dead series for this account. They are enjoyable despite the platinums for most games simply being to play the whole story which is simple. 

I've played a few EZPZ plats out of curiosity or simply because they were so cheap I decided to toss them in with another purchase. This is stuff like My Name is Mayo which I found to be entertaining enough to be worth a dollar to me. I'm not exactly proud of that platinum, but I don't think it tarnished me for having done it. 

Most of my plats are pretty easy ones. Not My Name is Mayo easy, but still 4/10 or less in terms of difficulty. It really comes down to my laziness and willing to plat a game nowadays though more than anything. I'll often look at a trophy guide for a game before I start it, and if it's something that requires more than one playthrough or playing a 30-ish hour long game for 80+ hours, I usually nope out right then and there, regardless of how "easy" the plat may otherwise be.

I've already wasted enough time on plats over the years. So many trophy lists just feel like an unnecessary checklist or a bunch of meaningless tasks that don't make the game any more enjoyable, and I've kinda ruined game experiences for myself in the past by attempting them. I think that God awful Deponia trophy where you need to create 1,000 creature splices or whatever was the final straw for me. I spent like 2 hours just clicking in-game buttons for a fucking trophy. It added nothing to the game, hampered my enjoyment and made me so bored I had to watch YouTube videos while doing it. What's the point at that point? I'm not getting my intended purpose out of playing the game (enjoyment), and I'm literally needing to resort to other forms of entertainment just to pass the time while trying to get some JPEG for my account.

Rant aside, I just simply don't take platinums that seriously to begin with. I recently platinumed Persona 5 Royal, and the trophy list for that wasn't even for 100%ing the game, like the original game's trophy list was. I decided to 100% it anyway, just because it's one of those games that's actually really fun to complete in its entirety. Unfortunately, I don't find too many games like that any more, I think that's the main issue for me nowadays at least. That, and trophy lists not even containing trophies for basically 100%ing the game, but leaving a 2 hour game like Panzeer Dragoon going for 100 hours 'cause reasons.

I have a couple, most of them due to not realizing I was buying an achievement spam game. More often I get people pointing at my large list of LEGO games as easy. I wouldn't say they are hard, more time consuming. And, more over, I enjoy them, that's why I have virtually every US release.

I do have quite a lot of them and do I regret it? Absolutely not! I have also played lot of good games and so on. It dosen't matter at the end of the day as I also hit a point now where my interests kinda change. After I finish my 250 plat I will only play games that are worth my time. My trophy list will always remain unique to me for the memories that I had regardless. If anyone chases leaderboards or whatever more power to them couldn't care less. It's just gaming at the end of the day always remember that! 

• Like 2

Based on the OP's definition I have no platinums that are 70% common nor do I have any hacked platinums or trophies. If I recall my most common platinum trophy is for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 on the PlayStation 4 which is just under 32%. I have played some 'easy games' by my own standard but I would have played them if they were 100% common trophies because I enjoy the games I play. 

I have none. 

I play the games i wanna play, and i don't care about leaderboards. The amount of plats is not a priority. i'd rather have 5-10 platinums im glad i did, and im proud of, in stead of 100+ games i blasted through for leaderboarding... 

But i think people who wanna do that, should go for it. Everyone is different, and that's cool :) 

The plat i have with highest % of completers, is around 40% (DBZ - Kakarot). 

Edited by TomataEighty9

I have to admit I played My Name Is Mayo 1+2 but today I wouldn't do that. I only play games which interest me or I totally enjoy. Some games are maybe short and easy like "Red Death" but I enjoyed them. On the other hand I love to test my limits and enjoyed for example the "The Evil Within" plat or "Titanfall 2" etc. Right now I'm doing "Atari Flashback Volume 1". Only 2 trophies left for the platinum. I started games like "Suicide Guy" or "The World of Nubla" (Worst game I have ever played) and I stopped both games after 5 minutes and Idc if you can achieve both plats in 30 minutes or 1 hour.

There is really a line between an enjoyable ezpz game or literally just garbage like "Breakthrough", "Spectrewoods" and the Gotti one or however is called and there are some ezpz games which are still enjoyable and I think it's okay to play some easy games and enjoy gaming to the fullest.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix