Ex-Nintendo member to work on Playstation exclusive Metroid-like game, Axiom Verge

Lady Lilith

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/10/dan-adelman-confirms-hes-working-on-axiom-verge-a-playstation-exclusive/

Now that Dan Adelman is free from the yoke of Nintendo’s oppressive marketing department, he’s spoken quite freely about what he wants to do. While he was a boss at Nintendo, he worked on bringing several indie titles to the Wii U. Now that he’s free, he’s continuing down that path by helping indie developers with their games.

The first game that he’s working on is called Axiom Verge, a PlayStation exclusive title that resembles Metroid in its style of play. Adelman will be helping the team market and discuss the game, which will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

Over the next many months, we’ll probably talk more about the features of the game that make it so compelling, but the things that grabbed me most were how tight and responsive the controls were and how well-designed the different rooms are. There are a ton of hidden areas to explore, and it’s possible to plan your attack through the areas so that it’s much more than just a run and gun shooter.

It’s nice to see that Mr. Adelman has found an outlet for his passion with indie games with a team that is willing to accept his help instead of keep him on a leash. Perhaps he’ll be able to convince the team to consider releasing on Wii U once the period of exclusivity has expired. If you want to read more about what Dan Adelman has been up to, be sure to check out his blog.

Nintendo's too stupid to release another Metroid game during a game drought?? Screw it! We'll release a 'Metroid' game ourselves!

I always love a good Metroidvania.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 05/10/2014 at 0:25 AM, Lady Lilith said:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/10/dan-adelman-confirms-hes-working-on-axiom-verge-a-playstation-exclusive/

Nintendo's too stupid to release another Metroid game during a game drought?? Screw it! We'll release a 'Metroid' game ourselves!

I always love a good Metroidvania.

It's funny because the game is now out for two Nintendo consoles as well (Wii U last year, Switch last month), and Nintendo just released a 2D Metroid for the 3DS :)

I just finished it on the Switch, cool game and glad I sponsored it.