Trophies not popping

XShadowYakuzaX

I did read that the trophies are very glitchy in the Vita version, some say you should not close the application (game) not even once or else apparently it'll lock the trophies, i got the plat in one sitting so i had no problems.

If i were you i would try these:

1. Put your save in that cloud thing for PS+ members, delete game bubble, restart Vita, download saves, play the game.
  2. Delete game bubble, close all applications, take off memory card, go to Settings bubble and reset Vita, put your info again (PSN, internet password, etc...). Install game again.

I also heard that turning wi-fi on/off solves this but i wouldn't trust that... i read on ps3t.org that a guy was having the same issue and he just couldn't get it to work, he gave the game a break for a few days and when he played it again the trophies started popping. Every case is different, i guess.

Same thing happened to me, this is what i did. Close the game and turn the Vita completely off then turn it back on again. To avoid this problem it's best to play both GOW games in 1 playthrough otherwise you will have to Shut Off your vita and start it back up again every time you quit the game.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had problems early on, I'd open the Vita browser while in the game, which seems to commonly cause the problem. I restarted the game and made sure when I started GoW, I never did anything but play the game and power the Vita down when I was done. Well, seems like there's something else that causes problems, because yesterday night, I did a few things BEFORE I even played the game (opened Friend list, compared trophies with someone), although the game was at the "Starting" screen (where you press X, it goes to that splash page asking again if you want to start. That was enough to screw it up, and I missed out on a couple of trophies.

If you're gonna play GoW on the Vita, just play it and only it. Now I'm gonna have to collect 18 feathers during a speed run. Fun..

The problem appears to be exiting out of the game by hitting the PS button. If you wish to leave GoW for something else, completely close the game and reopen when you're ready to play again. This has been a well-known (and unfortunately unfixed) issue with the games since launch.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 9/18/2015 at 0:20 PM, RebelliousDevil- said:

I had two vita the vita slim and classic vita my slim vita wouldn't unlock trophies but once I installed and play on my classic they popped. If you have a slim vita collection games have a tendency not pop trophies

i never knew the vita model affect the trophy pop
that might explain the few bugs i received :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2014 at 0:23 PM, SealedCard said:

I did read that the trophies are very glitchy in the Vita version, some say you should not close the application (game) not even once or else apparently it'll lock the trophies, i got the plat in one sitting so i had no problems.

If i were you i would try these:

1. Put your save in that cloud thing for PS+ members, delete game bubble, restart Vita, download saves, play the game.
  2. Delete game bubble, close all applications, take off memory card, go to Settings bubble and reset Vita, put your info again (PSN, internet password, etc...). Install game again.

I also heard that turning wi-fi on/off solves this but i wouldn't trust that... i read on ps3t.org that a guy was having the same issue and he just couldn't get it to work, he gave the game a break for a few days and when he played it again the trophies started popping. Every case is different, i guess.

Do I have to replay what I've already done to unlock the trophy's again? Im only finished with the boats in the beginning, but thats quite stressful and annoying if so.

• 7 months later...

So I know this is an old thread but I've recently started up the vita version after years of having it. The vita trophy list didn't show the game since I have played so many more games and it has a limit to what it shows but I started a new game and used a Bluetooth ear bud to play at work and no trophies were unlocking past what I had before (like the first 3 trophies in the game) and I thought that may have cause the issue since I turned Bluetooth on mid game. 

I started a new save this morning after getting all the way to Medusa's move and not unlocking the trophy for it and this is what I've done and have tried multiple ways to make it fail after this loss and it has yet to make trophies pop since I started over. 

-Start the Vita from a completely off state

-Pull up trophies and sync with server even if you don't have new trophies. 

-keep wifi on and start the game (I started a new one), ignore the network features disabled message.

-Play the game and never press the ps button(even to check battery). 

-You should be able to press the power button to suspend the game (I usually press the ps button then power, but this game seems to hate that it stopped the trophy from popping).

-if you want to quit to another game power down the vita with the top button (when I would close out and open another game even after a full power cycle the game wouldn't register the trophy I was testing. So basically start god of war after the trophy sync and a full power cycle. 

I know others have added tips similar to this but on my end across 3 vitas to test how it pops I've learned a powercycle, trophy sync, then starting the game with wifi on and not pressing the ps button at all has helped me get trophies without issues. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Finally the plat!

after the post ,on trophies.org, I had trouble getting trophies again. So here’s what I did.

>I deleted the game (yep, including the saved data).

>downloaded the game again

>synchronized the trophies to the psn server

>turned off my WiFi through ‘settings’

>now start the game offline

>!!IMPORTANT!! Do not press the PS button from now on! For some reason this messes with the trophy unlocking

>now if the trophies start unlocking, you’re in business

>now DO NOT quit the game or press the PS button on the lower left of the handheld!

>try to play this game til completion, once you get the plat, you’re set

>if you need a break or to charge the vita or whatever, ITS PERFECTLY FINE to use the ‘power’ button on the top left of your console to put the vita in a sleep mode

hope this helps! ??

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 07/10/2014 at 4:05 AM, HeadGReasE said:

Same thing happened to me, this is what i did. Close the game and turn the Vita completely off then turn it back on again. To avoid this problem it's best to play both GOW games in 1 playthrough otherwise you will have to Shut Off your vita and start it back up again every time you quit the game.

This worked for me, thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, Dreadnought190 said:

Finally the plat!

after the post ,on trophies.org, I had trouble getting trophies again. So here’s what I did.

>I deleted the game (yep, including the saved data).

>downloaded the game again

>synchronized the trophies to the psn server

>turned off my WiFi through ‘settings’

>now start the game offline

>!!IMPORTANT!! Do not press the PS button from now on! For some reason this messes with the trophy unlocking

>now if the trophies start unlocking, you’re in business

>now DO NOT quit the game or press the PS button on the lower left of the handheld!

>try to play this game til completion, once you get the plat, you’re set

>if you need a break or to charge the vita or whatever, ITS PERFECTLY FINE to use the ‘power’ button on the top left of your console to put the vita in a sleep mode

hope this helps! 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Thank you so much! Fixed the problem first try….. was going crazy trying to figure it out. 

• 9 months later...

So i fucked up in my first playthrough by pausing the game and allowing it to go into ‘sleep’ with the game application running.  Well this caused my trophies to stop popping.  I didnt even notice it until the under water section to ‘kiss the nyad’.  I kissed her and nothing happened.  Then it dawned on me that towards the part of where i get the Blade of Artemis is where i had this problem occur.  Naturally i didnt get that respective trophy tied to getting the blade, nor did i get the trophy for the human sacrifice.  But i didnt realize this til after the fact.  Upon not earning the ‘kiss the nyad’ trophy this is where i realize my mistake.  My current save was right here up until this point.  I closed the game down and shut my vita off, fired it back up and started god of war, loading up my save file at the Nyad’s.  I kissed her again and sure enough the trophy popped.  So luckily its not completely broken, seems that in my speed run i should get the sacrifice trophy and blade of artemis trophy, granted i dont let my vita fall asleep during this run.  Ugh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:27 AM, Property_Damage said:

So i fucked up in my first playthrough by pausing the game and allowing it to go into ‘sleep’ with the game application running.  Well this caused my trophies to stop popping.  I didnt even notice it until the under water section to ‘kiss the nyad’.  I kissed her and nothing happened.  Then it dawned on me that towards the part of where i get the Blade of Artemis is where i had this problem occur.  Naturally i didnt get that respective trophy tied to getting the blade, nor did i get the trophy for the human sacrifice.  But i didnt realize this til after the fact.  Upon not earning the ‘kiss the nyad’ trophy this is where i realize my mistake.  My current save was right here up until this point.  I closed the game down and shut my vita off, fired it back up and started god of war, loading up my save file at the Nyad’s.  I kissed her again and sure enough the trophy popped.  So luckily its not completely broken, seems that in my speed run i should get the sacrifice trophy and blade of artemis trophy, granted i dont let my vita fall asleep during this run.  Ugh

Same. I realized that on the Nyad trophy, and luckily I had a few saves to go back and pop some trophies, but get the ball rolling and another misc trophy didn't pop. I'll do those on my speedrun, when I'm f*(&(ng with Challenge of the Gods #10...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dominuss26 said:

Same. I realized that on the Nyad trophy, and luckily I had a few saves to go back and pop some trophies, but get the ball rolling and another misc trophy didn't pop. I'll do those on my speedrun, when I'm f*(&(ng with Challenge of the Gods #10...

Goodluck

My blade of artemis related trophy popped after beating the game, it was the weirdest thing, anything else that i missed i got during my speedrun which was basically just the human sacrifice story related trophy, just remember challenge of the gods has to be done in one sitting but in god of war 2 you can save and exit and come back to them at your own leisure

speaking of god of war 2, it has the same trophy issues so beware

i had to speedrun the game after beating it because i missed one of the three uber chests (fucking collectibles)

I also ended up unlocking boss batch 2 in my speedrun because apparently i didnt do them all in one session previously

Since it happened to me that one time I am wary of how it would happen again.

If you boot up the game (not the choosing screen between 1 & 2 but rather the game itself), it should go to the top of the trophy list in the vita app.

Even though you don't open a trophy in the game itself, when you boot up the game it goes to the top of the list of the local trophies.

If it shows the last game you played ,just quit, load another game then return to this one.

I am really mad about the Challenge 10 one. It's been 4 days and nothing changes.

Edited by dominuss26

• 4 months later...

I can confirm that you can sync your trophies with either God of War or God of War II open as well as you can turn the PS Vita off entirely by powering off and still get trophies to pop. And you can let the screen dim. Just DO NOT switch games until you platinum which ever one you started first, so if you start God of War first, platinum it before you start God of War II and vice versa. As long as you do not load up any other game until you finish God of War and then the second one or vice versa, you'll be fine. 

Edited by JohnFPSKing
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...