The Raven: Completionist Trophy Issue

damon8r351

I'm having trouble getting all the unlockables required to get the Completionist trophy. It started with issues with getting the Crime Scene Investigator trophy. I screwed it up and had to restart, then got to that point again, no CSI trophy, then decided to delete all the game and save data and start over from scratch. The end result is that I got the CSI trophy, beat the game and getting all the other trophies, and getting all the artwork and whatnot for chapter 2 and 3, but nothing for chapter 1. I've tried restarting chapter 1 a couple times, none of the unlockables are appearing. Did anyone else have trouble with this, and what did you do to fix this? It seems that I unlocked the unlockables for chapter 1 on my first save that I deleted awhile back, but now they won't unlock again for this save. I hope the unlockables aren't tied to trophies that I've already gotten, because that would really screw me.

Edited by damon8r351

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately this game is a glitchy P.O.S. My "completionist" glitched way back in May and no matter how many times I have replayed the first chapter to get collectables, nothing will unlock. I made a thread on Nordic Games forums but have yet to get a reply. I know the problem also effected PC players. Apparently PC has been patched very recently. PS3 has not, obviously. Hopefully it will be soon.

Edited by BigInJapan_

I used the guide from PlayStationtrophies.org and everything unlocked appropriately, however there were multiple steps where things wouldn't unlock if you inspected something in a different order. I'd say follow the walkthrough of that site if you're not already and keep an eye out for those problem areas. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry but that's what I did.

• 10 months later...

Apparently collectibles unlocking are related to your trophy progress. So if you originally unlocked the trophies for chapter 1, but then deleted that save, you won't be able to re-unlock those collectibles for chapter 1 (since the game sees you as already having the trophies, so it assumes you already have the collectibles).

The solution is to play the game on a different PS3 profile (an offline profile not associated with a PSN account). You will unlock trophies and collectibles normally. Once you get the plat, associate that account with your PSN.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Apparently collectibles unlocking are related to your trophy progress. So if you originally unlocked the trophies for chapter 1, but then deleted that save, you won't be able to re-unlock those collectibles for chapter 1 (since the game sees you as already having the trophies, so it assumes you already have the collectibles).

The solution is to play the game on a different PS3 profile (an offline profile not associated with a PSN account). You will unlock trophies and collectibles normally. Once you get the plat, associate that account with your PSN.

If I'm interpreting this right, then I need to Create A New User on the PS3, give it a generic name, and then play through the game. Once I get the plat, then I need to go to Playstation Network on the XMB, click Sign Up, then choose Use Existing Account and use my regular account info. Once I'm signed back in, then the new date stamps replace the old ones on my real account the next time I sync. Is that right?

• Like 1

Exactly right, except I'm not sure whether or not old timestamps are replaced by new ones or not.

This is going to require me to back up some data and then delete my profile on PS3 to go through the motions then. Not that I distrust anyone, but is this something you've done yourself and can confirm works, or know some that has done it successfully?

Edited by damon8r351

This is going to require me to back up some data and then delete my profile on PS3 to go through the motions then. Not that I distrust anyone, but is this something you've done yourself and can confirm works, or know some that has done it successfully?

I've done both steps separately, but admittedly not together. To be explicit, what I've done is:

- In *other* games, I have created a new account, earned trophies, and then synced with my main account. This is fairly standard territory, and works with every game.

- In this game, after earning all trophies, I deleted the game's save data and tried to re-earn collectibles, but I couldn't due to the trophies being on my profile.

If you're worried about having to delete your PS3 profile (which of course is fair), just leave that until the last step. In other words, do this:

- Create a new account on your PS3, with no PSN account associated with it.

- Earn trophies on that account.

- If you earned the trophies, great. If not, yell at me.

- Then delete your original PS3 account and sync your new account with your PSN account. Boom, platinum.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

I've done both steps separately, but admittedly not together. To be explicit, what I've done is:

- In *other* games, I have created a new account, earned trophies, and then synced with my main account. This is fairly standard territory, and works with every game.

- In this game, after earning all trophies, I deleted the game's save data and tried to re-earn collectibles, but I couldn't due to the trophies being on my profile.

If you're worried about having to delete your PS3 profile (which of course is fair), just leave that until the last step. In other words, do this:

- Then delete your original PS3 account and sync your new account with your PSN account. Boom, platinum.

No, it's a sound idea, I just wanted to make sure it was something that's known to work first. I'll give it try in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Confirmed that this works perfectly to help anyone who has a glitched Completionist trophy.

• Like 2