It's finally coming to EU

So excited to play Akiba's Trip Undead&Undressed. Just pre-order my copy yesterday.

What's your thoughts of this game? Have you play it on Ps3 or Vita( Japan and NA) or are you waiting to dig your hands into this (EU)?

Wich version do you thinks is best suitable for this game? I'm curious since I only have a Ps3. :rolleyes:

Gratz for the patience! I've ordered the ntsc copy as soon as it went online some time ago, since i guess it won't be subbed in Italian in the European version.
Got the one for PS4 anyway, and my gf got the one for PSVita, plays smoothly  :lol:

What is this game?

Ive tried to look up some stuff about it but its hard to tell what it actually is - is this another paedophile simulator like DOA Paradise, or is there an actual game in it?

Every screenshot I see seems to just be tits or pantie shots?

What is this game?

Ive tried to look up some stuff about it but its hard to tell what it actually is - is this another paedophile simulator like DOA Paradise, or is there an actual game in it?

Every screenshot I see seems to just be tits or pantie shots?

No.Nothing like that. It's a sort of Beat em' Up around the streets of Tokyo that the main objective is to kill vampires. You roam around and tear off their clothes to expose their skin to the sun light so they will die. There are male and female vampires so I don't think it's antything as close as a pedophile simulator.

Of course there's some fanservice but there is must more heavily games in that departament than this one. Oh and the chick is the one that gets the job done too.

• Like 1

No.Nothing like that. It's a sort of Beat em' Up around the streets of Tokyo that the main objective is to kill vampires. You roam around and tear off their clothes to expose their skin to the sun light so they will die. There are male and female vampires so I don't think it's antything as close as a pedophile simulator.

Of course there's some fanservice but there is must more heavily games in that departament than this one. Oh and the chick is the one that gets the job done too.

ah okay - I guess they are just leaning a bit heavy into the japano-sexism in the marketing, but its only really been out there for any length of time, so I guess that is to be expected right now.

It takes place in Akibahabara, not Tokyo.  And there are absolutely no children involved at all, so I have no idea where the paedo accusation came from.

It's a fun game, I'm working through it now.  I would recommend it.  It's quirky and fun, though the load times can be slightly annoying.  Nothing horrible though.

As for the differences in PS3 vs Vita, here's what Xseed said:

There is no discernible difference between the two versions -- visually, they are identical, and they perform pretty much identically to one another. Because of this, I personally lean more toward the Vita version (since the game looks better on Vita due to the smaller and brighter screen), but you can't really go wrong with either version.

The Vita also has an AR mode exclusively, so there's that too.

It takes place in Akibahabara, not Tokyo.  And there are absolutely no children involved at all, so I have no idea where the paedo accusation came from.

It's a fun game, I'm working through it now.  I would recommend it.  It's quirky and fun, though the load times can be slightly annoying.  Nothing horrible though.

As for the differences in PS3 vs Vita, here's what Xseed said:

The Vita also has an AR mode exclusively, so there's that too

I know it's place in Akihabara wich you said it wrong by the way. I just said it's was in Tokyo so the person i was responding could understand. and Akihabara is a district from Tokyo so it's also placed in Tokyo.

Well, because every screenshot ive seen has characters that look like children in thier pants - it was a question not an accusation.

A lot of japanese games have some pretty outrageous and uncomfortable images of 'adult' women (who seem to have enormous childlike eyes and a proclivity towards school-girl outfits) so i dont think the question was all that unreasonable....

I guess the accusation came from the fact a lot of the women (girls) in these games look 16 or under whether they are said to be 18+ or not (just a guess I havent looked at any of the vids for the game)

Ninjad by dr - I'll still keep the content though

Edited by Memnoch

I know it's place in Akihabara wich you said it wrong by the way. I just said it's was in Tokyo so the person i was responding could understand. and Akihabara is a district from Tokyo so it's also placed in Tokyo.

You're right, my mistake.  Some references in the game threw me off.   :facepalm:

Well, because every screenshot ive seen has characters that look like children in thier pants - it was a question not an accusation.

A lot of japanese games have some pretty outrageous and uncomfortable images of 'adult' women (who seem to have enormous childlike eyes and a proclivity towards school-girl outfits) so i dont think the question was all that unreasonable....

Fair enough, I guess I just don't really think that applies 100% to this game.  I guess they look young, I just wouldn't say paedo perhaps.  But I understand how games like Monster Monpiece make people wary.

• Like 1

You're right, my mistake.  Some references in the game threw me off.   :facepalm:

Fair enough, I guess I just don't really think that applies 100% to this game.  I guess they look young, I just wouldn't say paedo perhaps.  But I understand how games like Monster Monpiece make people wary.

Ok... no need to harass yourself. Everybody makes mistakes all the time. No big deal. What's your final opinion about the game( no spoilers please)?

Ok... no need to harass yourself. Everybody makes mistakes all the time. No big deal. What's your final opinion about the game( no spoilers please)?

Harass myself?

Anyway, it's fun.  Like I said, the load times can be slightly annoying, but they're nothing unbearable.  There's also an issue where it takes the NPCs a little while to load on the vita version, which can be disconcerting.  I would also say that a lot of the side quests lack diversity, and can get repetitive after a while.  It's a lot of fetch quests and "go beat up person x". 

They won't win any awards for the story, but I've found it entertaining enough so far.  The characters are likable too.  The best part about the game is how much attention they put into recreating Akihabara.  If you look up pictures, they were able to do a really great job recreating parts of Akihabara, and the inclusion of the ad fliers is pretty cool.

Overall, I would recommend the game.  It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun and there is a lot of customization.  I'd say 7/10, but you're going to enjoy it more if you're into Japanese culture.  Especially anime and games.

Edited by lazyfan

I didn't use the right word  for the purpose. more like "hurt" than "harass".

Anyways I'm very open-minded to the japanese culture like the stuff that for most people will be called weird or innapropriate. I just like the creativity and diference with games that Japan does unlikely with the western devs that basically doesn't came out the "safe zone" most of the times.

I'm a big fan of anime not only for the mainstream so yeah I think it's a kind of game i will definitely enjoy.

The thing with Japanese games is that there's so much J-rpgs and i'm not a fan of rpg. I'll just stick with Hack n'slash, Fighting, Platformers or Puzzle ones.