Any tips for the challenges?

darth0doom

I'm not too good at fighters, especially when it comes to precise combos so I was just wondering if there was a character with easier challenges or a tip to help me get through these challenges. I would really appreciate it, especially when it comes to the DLC challenges (Adachi, Marie, Margaret). 

Yeah I use the D-Pad too. I don't like using the analog stick for the PS3 controller. I'm debating with trying Labrys's or Margaret's challenges. I wish the demonstration was a bit better, it seems like the CPU got the combo by luck because every time I attempt the challenges I'm always like a millisecond off.

Yea the demonstrations only seem to help me for distance between me and the opponent. I try to memorize the commands and then hit them FAST. I'm so close with Margaret right now but some of the things you have to do in the air are difficult to pull off using the D-pad.  :|

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I think i couldn't do it with the D-Pad at all.I only play with the analog and it works fine.

Anyway if you just want to get the Don't think trophy, just clear labrys as she has in my opinion the easiest and simplest challenges, but if you have the DLC's use adachi or Margaret, as they are pretty decent in difficulty.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for someone like me who played games for about 14 years fighting games are probably the hardest kind of genre when it comes to fighting combo challenges. I guess for pros it is easy but I'm a complete noob and quite interestingly no matter how hard I try those quarter circle moves are so difficult to execute when trying to chain together. The Margaret challenges are considered probably some of the easiest in the game roster and I can't even complete them all. Feels like I'm at the end of the line but I try not to be a quitter. GL to those that are still trying and those that completed them are definitely in another skill league I will never reach.  

It just takes a lot of practice. That is how I felt about Darkstalkers Resurrection at first, but kept at it and got them finished eventually.

• Like 2

Thanks Dragon :)  I will keep trying and hopefully complete this in order to enter the world of fighting genre. I have heard Darkstalkers Resurrection is one of the most difficult games and congrats on getting that.

Just keep at it and don't give up! Try and find a character you like and stick with them when it comes to the trials. Score attack is not as bad since you only need to do it with 5 characters versus everyone. The worst thing you could do is give up and never try. Even if it takes you a long time to get the :platinum: or even the 100%, so long as you got it - you got it by dedication alone. I'm not the best at fighters either so you're not alone there.

If you're truly starting from zero in this game, get to know your character first on training mode and watch some vids for practical combos. THEN you move into the challenge mode.

From there, watch VesperArcade or others pull it off and look closely how their inputs are. Go from there and you're set.

Nothing more, nothing less I think.

Just keep at it and don't give up! Try and find a character you like and stick with them when it comes to the trials. Score attack is not as bad since you only need to do it with 5 characters versus everyone. The worst thing you could do is give up and never try. Even if it takes you a long time to get the :platinum: or even the 100%, so long as you got it - you got it by dedication alone. I'm not the best at fighters either so you're not alone there.

Thanks Dragon :)

If you're truly starting from zero in this game, get to know your character first on training mode and watch some vids for practical combos. THEN you move into the challenge mode.

From there, watch VesperArcade or others pull it off and look closely how their inputs are. Go from there and you're set.

Nothing more, nothing less I think.

Thanks Lord for those tips :)

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

Haha, did someone really thanked anyone here for "tips"? Those "Guides" are not even close to helpful haha. I posted on a rival Psn Trophy Site several guides to the challenge mode and have Videos of the challenge mode in Ultimax, those can help, but not these here. xD

What website?

• 1 month later...

can anyone give me some tips to Adachi challenege 23 pls, I have problems connecting 5B after Pain ine the ass! move but when I manage to actually do it 5C move after 2nd Pain in the ass! move is stabbing Yu and throwing him on the ground instead like on demonstration it should send him flying. I already did challenges for Margret and Marie but Adachi is kinda harder, if someone just want to get Platinum I would recommend buying Marie for challenges, she has the easiest imo just her 24th is a bit of a pain.

EDIT. I just did it and inflicting Fear helped connecting 5B, with 5C I just had to quickly input 2C not to do the stab move

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend Shadow Labrys challenges for those without DLC. They are pretty easy. Here are some tips.

I struggled until I knew that there is a error in challenge #23: Connecting the 5th Gen Axe Slash > Challenge Authority SB (236236D)[Circle]. It has to be for the display showing (236236CD). It only shows Circle but you have to press Triangle and Circle.

And for challenge #24 after doing Titanomachia you have to press the other commands for Asterius immediately before you can continue with S. Labrys.

I only need to do #25 and try to figure out how to perform the hits to the left when the enemy is on the right. So it is showing in the Demonstration and on the net.

EDIT: Got it

214214C: Then store the attacks for Asteruis with [4]6C + 214C + 236C

The Fist Icon should say 4

Then just hit twice fast with Brutal Impact (236236AB)

*you should stay far from the oppenent

Edited by Dennis-nine-five
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with challenge 25 of Elizabeth? I do everything right until the 5AA buttons after the maziodyne. I also wait a few moments when the maziodyne hits, but it is impossible to land the 2nd A button... Any tips?

Edited by Susanoo_99