What Evokes More of An Emotional Response?

Carville87

What Evokes More of An Emotional Response?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is it for you

• Tv Shows
    • Movies
    • Games
    • Comics

So what does evoke a more emotional response for you?

For me its Tv Shows i get far too invested in characters i end up really worrying about them.

So what is it for you the 100 hour RPG, the 5 Season Tv Show, the great Movie or the amazing Comic

tumblr_inline_naqp45Dx491qfizj4.png

THEM FEELS

I would have to say Tv also. I mean a certain character on SOA at the moment. I like him, I got worried towards the end of the latest episode.

Same with Supernatural with "Spoiler" Dean.

Happens with most shows I watch to be honest. I guess that's what makes good shows though, like-able characters. Not to mention all the other components, good story etc.

Edited by Meacham93

Games definitely but just a selection of games those evoke emotions on me. MGS, Last of Us, Bioschock, DMC 3, AC II,etc..

Movies also makes me feel emotional for the characters but with games it's diferent. You take control of the situation and if it's possible you can change the ending of the story.

I think games can make you much more attached to characters, look at TLOU or The Walking Dead for instance, but they require much more work and crafting to make them work. TV shows and Movies can attach you to characters much easier and faster, but I don't feel as attached to some characters.

Anime here counts as TV Shows, right? If so, anime. Rarely do games make me cry, but I think I've gotten FEELS overpowered OVER 9000 with video-games. :P But I watch more anime, and I cried more during anime, although it takes awhile until I get invested in my anime. Jeez, I don't even know how many times I cried throughout watching Naruto, or almost did cry!

I voted movies, but video games are a close second. I just have a higher percentage of movies that make me feel than games right now. I can only think of The Walking Dead and the deer fawns in Tokyo Jungle. Animals tend to get me in movies. If humans in movies do, it's usually when they're showing a crying kid in the middle of a zombie attack. I don't watch many dramas on TV, usually just cartoons or comedy. I'd rather use my TV for movies or games than commit to a show.

• Like 1

My vote would be for games, but it has to be the right kind of game and done well. Obviously, someone probably won't get too choked up over a platformer! ;) In really good RPGs and even some action games with a good story (think Uncharted, Last of Us), the emotional investment is heavy. Mostly because I'm controlling the character, the attachment is higher for me than with T.V. shows (although those are a close second).

I think games mostly, especially with developers like Bioware where it's so character heavy, I find games keep me more involved because I'm actually doing something and adding to the story, I tend to get bored or restless with tv and movies, if anything they are generally background noise for gaming or other stuff.

For me it's actual books. Ive literally cried at the end of several of my favorite books. I don't read manga or comics so I can't couch for them, and I rarely watch TV. I occasionally get invested in a really good game or movie though.

Edited by Hemiak

I'd say games. I mean, you controlled them the whole time. To me it's even as if it actually were me ! That makes me get so attached to the characters. That + resemblences in personality (e.g. : if a character does the exact same thing you would in a cutscene for instance) ! Combine that with a matching soundtrack (games usually have better ost's than any other medium imo) and voilà, tears shall be shed xD

TV shows for me. I know so many good shows out there that have either made me cry or really feel bad for a certain character, like Supernatural, Breaking Bad, SOA, and Arrow. Even though video games and movies can hit home(Batman Arkham City, MGS4, InFamous 2, TWD, The Dark Knight, Saving Private Ryan, etc.) trigger some unwanted emotions, they just don't hit as hard :P

• 2 weeks later...