Wolf Among Us to hit retail PS3, Vita, PS4 Nov 4

Lady Lilith

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/09/the-wolf-among-us-hitting-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-at-stores/

It’s definitely a big month for us over at Telltale! You might have caught our announcement last week about The Walking Dead: Season Two coming to PS4PS3, and PS Vita at retail… well, we’ve got even more good news for fans today.

The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Games Series will ALSO be arriving in stores for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita on November 4th! For those who prefer to run more in the virtual world, the full season will be downloadable for PS4 and PS Vita as well (you can already get all 5 episodes via digital download for PS3).

Not familiar with The Wolf Among Us? Check out the trailer we’ve prepared especially for this retail release. Experiencing scenes from The Wolf Among Us finale again as they’re put together in this trailer is kind of amazing for me — remembering this stuff still sends a shiver down my spine. It’s very tense, a little bit creepy, and a LOT of awesome.

The series is based on DC/Vertigo Comics’ Eisner Award-winning comic series FABLES by Bill Willingham. In short, it follows the stories of fairy tale characters like Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf, living in exile in the modern era, trying to keep their society of Fables hidden in plain sight amongst the humans of New York City.

The Wolf Among Us takes place long before the first comic, so whether you know the series or not, it makes for both a great introduction to the universe, and a critical and canonical prequel detailing the story one of Fabletown’s most grisly murder cases.

Three Telltale retail releases in the span of less than a month...It'll be interesting to see how these run on PS4.  

This was announced a long time ago, already had it pre-ordered on disc LOL. I'm a collector so naturally I need a physical copy. 

Anyone play this game yet? How is it?

Great game. It's basically The Walking Dead with different characters and a different (and better) story.

Edited by BlueDiamond93

Great game. It's basically The Walking Dead with different characters and a different (and better) story.

It has a very different feel to it than TWD, it's more like a crime noir detective story but it's still fantastic and is as good as TWD

Edited by Azaan60

It has a very different feel to it than TWD, it's more like a crime noir detective story but it's still fantastic and is as good as TWD

You missed the perspective of my post, yet explained my point, directly instead o_O. Everything about it is similar to TWD, except it's story, which that is what makes the game (technically just the story) different (to you). World, gameplay, atmosphere, and aspects like that are all similar. This is what usually happens when a developer uses the same engine for 2 different games. 

TWAU is the Beyond 2 Souls from Heavy Rain, the The Last of Us (a weaker but still good example) from Uncharted, and soon to become Alienation from Deadnation and may'vaguely - lol - even the Battleborn from Borderlands, but I don't know much about BB), as examples of TWD and TWAU comparison.